nanski
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures:The Witch's Prison technical issues here only.

[Post New]by nanski on Sep 12, 10 4:57 AM
I am stuck on the minigame on the fountain at the entrance to the asylum.
Although I know the solution, the objects will not move (stars, moons, sun), and the 'skip' option does not come up. Although I can continue with the game, I cannot get the eyeball I need from the fountain, to make progress.
Can you help?

[Post New]by LazyBum1 on Sep 12, 10 11:41 AM
When I was attempting to solve the puzzle to unlock the psi connector I was not able to slide the tiles around.

I was at the beginning, but I didn't understand the puzzle at the beginning, so I was clicking on symbols at random to see what happens. After a while of this, I got the tiles into a position where they could not move no matter what I did. Kind of frustrating. I ended up having to skip the puzzle as it was broken for me.

FireOpal
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by FireOpal on Sep 12, 10 1:33 PM
I too have had the graphical glitch with the grey bars throughout the house: living room, basement. The bedroom was ok, but the ticket reassembly wasn't. What's interesting is that this did NOT occur when I did the beta test so I'm agreeing with posters saying it's unique to BFG. It is NOT unique to this game, at least for me.

Since this issue makes the game unplayable, I won't be buying it - even though it was on my list from the beta.

nennie
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by nennie on Sep 12, 10 6:24 PM

the game down loaded ok....but I only see certain objects in the game...everything else is dark...I adjusted the brightness did not work...and I uninstalled and retried again...same thing...too bad looked like a good game to purchase......

[Post New]by gnukfu on Sep 13, 10 4:31 PM
The game locked up so I closed it and restarted and my Save was lost. The game starts right back at the beginning; and yes my player name was selected at the start up screen. I tried looking for a save file in the one of the game folders but was unable to locate it.

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Sep 14, 10 12:29 PM
I downloaded the new fix for the game and still had the gray screen like a tv with bad reception. I could see the chair, the cord and that's about it. So I uninstalled and re-installed thinking with the new fix it would download fine and take care of any issue. Nope. I STILL have the gray screen....My system is up to date so I don't think it's a matter of something needing to be installed so I am dumping this game with 51 minutes left of play time left..... Two thumbs down and a big pout as this game looked really good..... Bummer.

heron
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by heron on Sep 15, 10 8:02 AM
Good Morning All,
I am having problems with the curser .It just won,t move the objects ie the gears in the gear puzzle. I most have spent 15 min just to finish this puzzle. I have now backed out of the demo and will try the patch and Dr felix. Hopefully something works It looks like a game I woud enjoy

heron
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by heron on Sep 15, 10 9:03 AM
Interestingly I found the game works perfectly on windows 7 This computer is XP I wonder if this is a compatability issue

[Post New]by shagberg on Sep 15, 10 9:45 AM
gnukfu wrote:The game locked up so I closed it and restarted and my Save was lost. The game starts right back at the beginning; and yes my player name was selected at the start up screen. I tried looking for a save file in the one of the game folders but was unable to locate it.

I have the exact same problem. I contacted Big Fish for a refund. It's been over a week, and I haven't heard back from them. I am hesitant to buy another game from Big Fish.

[Post New]by just_4_u_avon on Sep 15, 10 9:24 PM
When I click on the icon to start the game or throught big fish manager and click play, my computer keeps flashing and freezes up. I need help with fixing this problem. Thank you

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Sep 18, 10 8:10 AM
This is one of those games that suffers from 'jerky cursor' on my system. D/l'd it twice and it hasn't improved. I've done updates etc & dr felix recently so will have to, unfortunately, give this one a miss.
It plays so slowly and jerkily that I couldn't cope with the headaches and eyestrain I'd get!!!

vthecat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by vthecat on Sep 18, 10 8:28 PM
I just had a strange thing happen. I was on the letter tile puzzle. I placed two of the Es and then put the remaining 2 back in my inventory while I placed other letters. When I was ready for the other Es, I couldn't pick them up. They had moved to the same inventory space as one of the wooden coins. I went to the puzzle that uses the wooden coins and placed the coin, hoping I could now grab the Es. It didn't work. The Es were now missing from Inventory even though I hadn't placed them yet. I finally had to skip the puzzle. Thought you'd like to know in the event you're doing a patch. I'm not complaining as I can continue playing.

FYI: After reading other people's comments, I realized I have been playing without music too. I still have the pickup sound though.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there is a full screen problem too. I have a 16" diagonal screen (laptop). When the game first comes up, full screen is the default in Options. Unfortunately, my sidebar is still visible. I have to go into Options, unselect full screen and then reselect it for the game to run truly full screen. The only other time I had this happen was with one of the Flux games. Not a huge problem because there is a workaround. Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the game.

Edited on 09/18/2010 at 8:37:12 PM PST

[Post New]by AbbyTabby on Sep 19, 10 1:43 PM
This game will not download for me--gets all the way to the end and then tells me there was an error downloading the game. Running Vista 64 bit; first time I've had this problem with any game.

bellefrey
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by bellefrey on Sep 20, 10 8:16 PM
just_4_u_avon, I had the exact same problem with freezing and flashing. I found that I had to change my display size for my monitor, then it worked

(Note, it's a bit slow, but it works. I'm running Vista)

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 22, 10 11:02 AM
Downloaded this game when it first came out and I couldn't play it due to all the tech difficulties. I tried again today and sat through another lengthy download again and STILL the tech problems persist. Will the creators not correct this? I know some fishies don't have the problems, but many do, so why no fix???? Very disappointed all round!

[Post New]by Moonthirsty on Sep 22, 10 2:46 PM
frostledge wrote:I downloaded the new fix for the game and still had the gray screen like a tv with bad reception. I could see the chair, the cord and that's about it. So I uninstalled and re-installed thinking with the new fix it would download fine and take care of any issue. Nope. I STILL have the gray screen....My system is up to date so I don't think it's a matter of something needing to be installed so I am dumping this game with 51 minutes left of play time left..... Two thumbs down and a big pout as this game looked really good..... Bummer.

I see that several people are having this problem with the grey stripes. This happened to me with one other game. And after spending hours going through the Dr Felix thing with customer service and messing with all my perfectly fine drivers, I finally had to do a system restore to get my computer running again. Btw, that did NOT fix the game. I was going to try a re-install but I'm not wasting my time. It is a shame because it seems like a funny game. But there are lots of funny games.
Windows XP Pro x64 bit

JGHart5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by JGHart5 on Sep 23, 10 11:59 AM
This game would be great fun, if the movement wasn't so jerky. I took the advice of the other forum members and used the regular cursor. As I progressed into the game the jerky movements became worse and worse, making it very annoying instead of fun to play. It's too bad, too, because without this problem I wouold have liked to purchase this game.

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Sep 23, 10 12:06 PM
I boought this after the "fix"-my cursor still floats all over the place. DL again, and the other suggestions. Still no good. Waiting for CS to get back. Was looking forward to it. May just end up a refund.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 23, 10 2:06 PM
Please read this if you have purchased the game: I have finished this game today, but it took me four tries. Beware: Don`t grab the stuff in the safe on chapter 3 to early (the bubblegum!). I have done this and the game "has eaten" the card in my inventory! You need to use first the card on the left room and after that (very important!) grab the bubblegum. Otherwise you need to start the game again.

[Post New]by ulla67 on Sep 24, 10 12:29 AM
I would like to play the demo, but I also have the problem with the grey stripes.
Why wouldn´t solve the problem by Bigfish or GhostShip ? Have they money enough, that they can ignore the issue, or what else can it be ?
I see that GhostShipTim is still around here in the forum, but he say nothing about the problems with the stripes in this game. It´s a shame.
What I see is * the technical support here in the forum is awful* and that means I will not purchase any game from bigfish.
Thank you

Go to: