H_Potter
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by H_Potter on Sep 12, 10 10:57 AM
I am stuck - and only trying the one hour as others have had issues with the game.

I have made it into the bird cage room and found the tile, but nothing else in this room. I can't get the paper out of the garden door nor do I have a newpaper to get the key out of the upstairs door. I have nowhere else to go. What do I do?

Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by thebratpack2427 on Sep 12, 10 11:04 AM
I purchased this game was looking forward too playing it now im having problems i get too certain point in chapter one and the game shuts off when i hit play agian it tells me file has been corrupted tryed unistalling and loading it again but still having the same problem . purchased a game i cant play anyone else havin any issues with this..........

[Post New]by eutopia8008 on Sep 12, 10 12:06 PM
You have to put the razor at the top of the stick and then you can grab the string. Also fill the bucket with water in the storm drain. Then fill the hole with the ball.

[Post New]by sonnola on Sep 12, 10 1:23 PM
Thanks

[Post New]by sonnola on Sep 12, 10 1:26 PM
texlone wrote:hello,i got to the boiler,lit the fire and got the boiler parts on.....BUT the bpoiler wont start when i press the blue start button........any advise from somebody TY

You DON'T have to push the blue button because, actually, it isn't a button. You must to move it onto the hole near the wheel and the boiler will start working

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 1:27:50 PM PST

[Post New]by sonnola on Sep 12, 10 1:31 PM
Well, now I have a question to someone who can help me. I'm stuck with the hook in the boathouse, the eye icon doesn't change into the hand icon and I'm not able to move the hook, can anyone hel me?
Thanks

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 1:32:24 PM PST

[Post New]by munchncleo on Sep 13, 10 5:47 PM
if someone can help, i only have the hour game right now. Can someone tell me how to get in the house.. i need to dig something out of the ground, get a door knocker, and chip stone away from the stairs. i don't have any of these tools. PLEASE HELP

[Post New]by cheritig on Sep 13, 10 9:56 PM
Just into the game and already not working. I have tried to get the knife to the branch, it opened but will not move now. I have found the ball but unable to get the dog untied with out the knife. Already very frustrated that I am using all the free time and can't really check out the game

[Post New]by buddym on Sep 14, 10 6:13 AM
I am trialing this game and there is no hints in it and I can't get past the beginning as I can't find anything. Got the bucket of water and razor and twig, found the string but nothing is happening. How do I get the dog off the lead and the nail from the seat. This is not the way to get people to buy this game.

[Post New]by debfauna on Sep 14, 10 7:45 PM
Please help me find the soap I have looked everywhere and can not find it?

bellamily
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by bellamily on Sep 14, 10 11:13 PM
[b]I am stuck at the back of the house whee the rooster is. It says to click right but nothng happens. Is there something I'm missing or is this a technical issue? Someone please help.

Grizabe11a
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Grizabe11a on Sep 15, 10 10:34 AM
Alas, I can't get the string, stick and razor wedded either, and after 20 minutes of wasted time have lost patience. Nice graphics, love Poe and cats, but. And no walkthrough, either. Sorry but this goes in trash can. Disappointed.
And the price is higher??? !!!!

[Post New]by crywest on Sep 15, 10 8:31 PM
munchncleo wrote:if someone can help, i only have the hour game right now. Can someone tell me how to get in the house.. i need to dig something out of the ground, get a door knocker, and chip stone away from the stairs. i don't have any of these tools. PLEASE HELP

[Post New]by crywest on Sep 15, 10 8:43 PM
munchncleo wrote:if someone can help, i only have the hour game right now. Can someone tell me how to get in the house.. i need to dig something out of the ground, get a door knocker, and chip stone away from the stairs. i don't have any of these tools. PLEASE HELP

[Post New]by gamejunky1960 on Sep 16, 10 12:17 PM
With regards to the razor, pool cue. You glue them together and then place more glue over the glued joint. I also had problems until I did this. Worked fine.

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on Sep 16, 10 12:23 PM
oh wow!!! how brilliant is this game..have just finished the extra chapter and all I can say is a HUGE THANKYOU to Big Fish...this really is worth paying that bit extra for and if you're one of those people who's a little bit sceptical about if collectors edition really warrant those few pounds/dollars more...prepare to be converted. Make this your first collectors game purchase and you won't be disappointed ..and no I'm not on the Big Fish payroll just a very happy little fish

[Post New]by Bean1945 on Sep 16, 10 3:43 PM
This game is driving me crazy! I've tried 4 times now and get stuck in the same place. I've collected the clamp and the small shovel and returned to the fountain area outside the Boiler room. Where is the Hidden Object area? I can't progress without the sack. The only sparkles are around the lamp but that's not the hidden object area. In desperation I carefully followed the strategy guide just in case I missed something but the same problem occurred. Where am I going wrong?

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Sep 19, 10 4:13 PM
I have tried and tried to pick up the razor and tie it to the branch. The razor won't budge and I will be closing down this game. Too frustrating - too bad. It looks really interesting.

[Post New]by smilen7474 on Sep 20, 10 6:56 AM
thebratpack2427 wrote:I purchased this game was looking forward too playing it now im having problems i get too certain point in chapter one and the game shuts off when i hit play agian it tells me file has been corrupted tryed unistalling and loading it again but still having the same problem . purchased a game i cant play anyone else havin any issues with this..........

mertz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by mertz on Sep 20, 10 8:43 AM
thebratpack2427 wrote:I purchased this game was looking forward too playing it now im having problems i get too certain point in chapter one and the game shuts off when i hit play agian it tells me file has been corrupted tryed unistalling and loading it again but still having the same problem . purchased a game i cant play anyone else havin any issues with this..........

Go to: