cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cesse47 on Sep 9, 10 9:13 AM
Really enjoyed this game. Being on a limited budget, however, I'll have to wait until the regular game is released to purchase. Bring it on!!!!

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition

[Post New]by geri_mac on Sep 9, 10 9:18 AM
definite buy from me as well, I thoroughly enjoyed the demo which was over before i knew it, great game and just in time for my weekend off

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Sep 9, 10 9:44 AM
Love the game it will be a long one for me.I am slow love to take my time and this is one of the clear and sharp ones.I like the CE becouse of the guide i dont have to get out of game for help.Also LOve THE NEW Price

Chexmixmonet
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,816 Posts

[Post New]by Chexmixmonet on Sep 9, 10 10:27 AM
Awesome...this is the kind of HOG i've been looking for lately.

susie_b
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by susie_b on Sep 9, 10 11:21 AM
What a great game!! Just purchased it and downloading full version of it now!! This is a good game, graphics really superb and no time penalities for anything - you can spend time looking round everywhere. Top quality well done BFG

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Sep 9, 10 11:30 AM
THANKS FISHIES

going to go DEMO it NOW

B BK L for my review

PEN

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 9, 10 12:16 PM
Its a wonderful game on the same standard as Edgar Allen Poe part 1. Great graphic, interesting storyline, good interactive searching. I would buy it, but I have already bought too many games this months with the sale, I can`t afford another game yet. But its a definete buy for October. Thanks,

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 9, 10 12:34 PM
Just demo'd this one and very happy. The last four games I dl'd I had problems with. This one worked like a charm. Can't get it till next month as I'm broke, but certainly on my 'to buy' list.

Same high quality of last EAP game, spooky and looks to have lots of different puzzles. Music same as last game . Graphics sharp, cursor worked this time, and loved that it took me a while just to figure out how to get into the house. Hope it's nice and long. Have fun to everyone who was able to purchase this one right away

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Sep 9, 10 2:23 PM
Absolutely a great game. Very long which is yummy, frankly. Great graphics, fast loading...seemless in fact. Lots of nice touches like boats being rowed back and forth...just a great game. I got over not having the ability to get hints...it was that smouth a game. When things got dicey i used the strategy book which was awkward.
Only one ,,,um, not a complaint but confusion. How do you play the extra episode once your done? I was thrown back into the begging...in the street as it were. The strategy book implies clicking on the cat..but the picture is in the house.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 9, 10 2:38 PM
I really liked this one. Basically the same as the other Poe games. Interesting storyline, good graphics and music. Great mix of HOG and adventure game.

The only frustrating thing is blocking out the strategy guide for the demo. One of the things I look for in a CE is the in-game strategy guide. Not being able to see what it is like is a definite turn off. Also, not being able to see what the extras are in the demo is frustrating. If I can't see what exactly I am paying extra for, how do I know I want to buy the CE over the regular version?

Since the CE version is now only $13.99, I will probably purchase it because I enjoyed the game so much, but I really wish I could show the developers how disappointed I am with the blocking out of the extra content.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 9, 10 2:50 PM
I have a 20 inch monitor and had no problems. It opens up perfectly on my whole screen. Didn't have to change any settings. Only played a few minutes and stopped to buy the game...but will have to wait to play anymore as I have to work tonight But I am looking forward to it. I did have one problem...I got the razor to open up but haven't found the right spot on the branch to drag it to. Don't have time right now to mess with it, but will try again when I get off in the morning. i loved the first one and fully expect to enjoy this one too.

montysgirl
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by montysgirl on Sep 9, 10 3:03 PM
Beautiful Game wow! And looks to be excellent length, well worth the extra cash

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Sep 9, 10 3:43 PM
Oh no!! Not another game to buy! After Drawn CE, the Labor Day Sale and a couple of DD and TGT, I better start looking for a second job. LOL I am definitely buying this one too. Loved all the other Edgar Allan Poe's so I know I'll love this one.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Sep 9, 10 4:12 PM
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this game. My demo hour seemed to fly by ! ! To me, it seemed to be the perfect combination of adventure gameplay and hidden object searches (and I love both of those game genres). The music was delightful and added to the mood of the game. At times, I even had the feeling I get when I sit in a symphony hall listening to skilled musicians performing. It was also nice that the music wasn't overly repetitious like the so-called music in many other games. I also thought the sound effects in the demo were well done. The graphics were lovely and the story compelling.

Thanks, developers, for the choice of turning off the custom cursor! That is always a plus with me, for, on this computer, the custom cursors often give me trouble.

I definitely plan to purchase either this version of the game or the standard version... haven't decided which it will be yet. Wish more fishies would comment on the length of the bonus game play on this version. That might help me decide.

Thanks, BFG and developers for this great game!

Classicaljazz

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Sep 9, 10 4:35 PM
I think the game is great, I had a few issues but I was able to work it out.
Now, I pretty confused about this stagecoah in the middlle of the road in Chapter 4..
Help me please LOL

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Sep 9, 10 4:50 PM
well, i must be pretty stupid as i can't even get past the dog. all i have is a rag, a branch, a bucket and a glove. there is no hint button.

sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Sep 9, 10 4:56 PM
deleted it after ten minutes. no hint button and i cant get the razor tied to the branch. no help.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 9, 10 4:57 PM
Had the first one and really liked it. This one is better. Got through the demo with 10 minutes to spare and finally got to the garden when time ran out. Found nothing I didn't like about the game. Purchasing right now. Thanks!

rhorho
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by rhorho on Sep 9, 10 6:48 PM
I dont like to pay double for a game when there is only about 45 minutes of extra game play. I want this game but I will have to wait til it comes out as standard. Then I can get two of CE games for the price of one. I dont mind missing out on the extra play time when I have two games to play (reincarnations and dark tales). I figure they both will be out later this month.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 9, 10 8:53 PM
I am purchasing the game as I type this.
The developers of this series really have it going on. They kill! That's a good thing.
Everything about the game is just top notch.
The graphics are superb.
The music which I think is very important is relaxing. I didn't feel rushed to get things done.
The story line which I rarely follow, just grabs me and pulls me in.
I like that the cursor goes beserk if you click randomly for just a few seconds. When it takes to long and I can click randomly for too long I just lose interest because the challenge of looking for items becomes obsolete.
It took me 30 minutes to get into the front door. So for me, the length is not an issue. I know it will take me quite a few hours so the CE is worth it. I don't like to have to use the walkthrough all the time. That totally defeats the purpose of playing the game. That would be a no buy. That is why I don't buy large game files. But this game is doable.
I love it, that's pretty obvious. Thank you to the developers, you are amazing and bfg for bringing us top notch quality games.

Go to: