TimeKilla
Herring
Herring
399 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by TimeKilla on Sep 10, 10 12:06 AM
dragonrain wrote:CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DOWNLOAD ALL OF THE HIDDEN OBJECT GAMES FOR THE LAST WEEK I AM A MEMEBER IT DOWNLOADS BUT WILL NOT COME UP SORRY IM IN CAPS EYE PROBLEMS

(ALL CAPS TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN READ THIS, NOT YELLING.)

HI,
BIG FISH CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIFIC. GO TO THE BLUE QUESTION MARK ON THE TOP RIGHT OF THE PAGE. THERE YOU CAN READ HELPFUL HINTS OR SEND AN EMAIL (THEY RESPOND QUICKLY, USUALLY WITHIN 24 HOURS) OR YOU CAN USE LIVE CHAT M-F 9:30 - 4:30.

Rallygreg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by Rallygreg on Sep 10, 10 4:21 AM
I cannot make the game run at all. I've had this problem with a few other games.

I'm not sure, but it may be related to having dual monitors. Or it could be Windows 7 64bit.

Some games I have to run in Compatibility Mode but most just work fine - this one doesn't. Sucks, because it looks like a good game :-)

Cheers

Greg

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by quizzly on Sep 10, 10 11:25 AM
Wonderful game....BUT now I progressed to the bonus level, found a required sponge brush in a hidden object scene, and it was not added to my inventory. I cannot move on and have no idea what to do, HELP please.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues her

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Sep 10, 10 12:04 PM
jilliepepper wrote:Hi it all went great untill i went into the garden, then it went on a go slow and the
cursor went all funny as well. I did finely get by but i have come across some more.
But im still enjoying it

I had the exact same problem; when I got to the garden and entered the building off to the left the game slowed to a crawl and for a while I thought I would not be able to continue.

WHY DO THESE THINGS ALWAYS SHOW UP AFTER I BUY THE GAME?????

tredzwater
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues

[Post New]by tredzwater on Sep 10, 10 4:11 PM
MargieB wrote:
bpurdum2 wrote:
tillybaby wrote:I am having a real problem trying to use items that are in my inventory. The hand icon comes on but then I have to try numerous times to get the things to actually work, it is very frustrating and spoils the whole flow of the game play. At the moment I have to assemble the boiler and must say I have given up because I've been trying for over ten minutes to pick up an item to fix the thing

I am having the same problem. I just started the game and at the gate with the dog. Found the ball but cannot pick up the razor to use. The rope and stick will not combine. I guess I cannot go any into the game. I was going to buy this game but am not happy that I cannot access the strategy guide for help and that it is hard to pick up items with the hand.

Spoiler Alert!!

You have to get the razor out of the gutter using the GLOVES (obtained below the hat in the zoom-in scene of the right bench).

• Zoom into the left bench.

• Place the RAZOR and the BRANCH on the bench.

• Click on the RAZOR to open it.

• Drag the opened RAZOR to the TOP end of the branch.

• Drag the STRING from the bench to the handle of the razor to obtain the RAZOR TOOL.

MargieB

Please note that Margie said "drag". That was a huge stumbling block for me in the beginning. In most games, when you click on an object it "sticks" to your cursor. It took me a few tries...well, more than a few...before I realized that I had to click-and-drag in this game. Once I got that, everything went very well.

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat Collector's Edition technical issues h

[Post New]by Victoria9434 on Sep 11, 10 12:36 AM
bpurdum2 wrote:
tillybaby wrote:I am having a real problem trying to use items that are in my inventory. The hand icon comes on but then I have to try numerous times to get the things to actually work, it is very frustrating and spoils the whole flow of the game play. At the moment I have to assemble the boiler and must say I have given up because I've been trying for over ten minutes to pick up an item to fix the thing

I am having the same problem. I just started the game and at the gate with the dog. Found the ball but cannot pick up the razor to use. The rope and stick will not combine. I guess I cannot go any into the game. I was going to buy this game but am not happy that I cannot access the strategy guide for help and that it is hard to pick up items with the hand.

There is a glove you would pick up when getting the ball. Then you can pick up the razor because if you remember he wouldn't pick it up until he found something to use in that dirty water.....also I can't pu the stick thank you Victoria

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Sep 11, 10 4:55 PM
I got to the bonus game and it said corrupt file game did not save This is the 2 game i cant play to the end not happy with BF right now

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Sep 11, 10 9:31 PM
supra wrote:Can't play it. Downloaded fine but when I click play nothing happens, if I click play again I get the message the game is already running. Done everything suggested in the help sections but nothing worked. Anyone else had this or got a solution?
Thanks, Heather

I am having the same problem. This is the third game that will not open for me. I too have done everything suggested in the help section and everything CS suggested. The game will not open. Hope there is a fix soon.

Pool Room

[Post New]by tekeko on Sep 12, 10 12:37 PM
I attached the first lock on the chest but am unable to get back to play the second part of that game. Apparently there is a game piece I need before I can go any further.
Many thanks

[Post New]by SKYLARKONHIGH on Sep 12, 10 2:12 PM
Game has downloaded and was playing fine until I had to wet the sack in the fountain.
I repaired the pipe with no problem. The sack will not wet, it just falls straight back into the inventory. Any ideas please ?

NikkiNox
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiNox on Sep 12, 10 6:39 PM
I have bought and downloaded the game and have played through on to chapter 2/3. After I opened the garden door (using the steam power) I am in the garden. Once I get to the gazebo I can't go to the right. When I try the game freezes up and I get an error message and booted out of the game. Anyone else having this trouble? Any ideas?

tweens63
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tweens63 on Sep 13, 10 6:25 AM
Having the same problem as some of y'all. I click "Play" and it automatically boots me back out. Have disabled everything on my Kaspersky protection, including firewall, made sure the bfg files were trusted, reinstalled game manager, nothing. Please help, it looks like a good game :- (

swtndsr2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by swtndsr2 on Sep 13, 10 8:44 AM
I'm having the same problem too!! NEVER had this before...being booted off game many times...have uninstalled and reinstalled game...still getting the message of "save file is corrupt". I'm able to get to the garden and then the game slows down and take me back to my desktop. All the other games that I've bought through BF have worked...so I know that it's NOT my computer. Hope that they get this fixed or I want my $$ back.

swtndsr2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by swtndsr2 on Sep 13, 10 1:02 PM
Talked to CS and was able to get a full refund on my credit card for this game. They told me that the game might not be compatible with my computer!! Like I said before...never had a problem with BF games. I was able to get to Chapter 4 before I was booted out for the 20th time!!! I really don't believe that the problem is on my side of the fence....something is wrong with the game itself. Thats just my thinking. Good Luck to everyone that can play the game...it was fun while it lasted!!

kittyruss
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by kittyruss on Sep 13, 10 2:11 PM
PLayed the game again after doing all i could still no fix.Played to the end again corrupt file did not save kicked off. I dont mind 13.99 if i get my bonus but this i want a refund

DebMcG7
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by DebMcG7 on Sep 13, 10 5:31 PM
Exact same thing happening here. I can't even get to the point that I got to when I was doing the demo version. Says 'corrupt game file'. I have uninstalled the game, rebooted the computer, then reinstalled the game with a different name. Eventually, the same thing happens, the game stops and kicks you to your desktop. I have tried everything I know to do. I will start the game once again FROM THE BEGINNING, get about an hour into the game, and it will happen again.

I have even tried coming out of the game and saving it as I go along. Same thing happens.

I'm going to have to ask for a refund on this one. It's a shame. I realy enjoyed playing this one while I was able to.

tweens63
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tweens63 on Sep 14, 10 2:39 AM
Oh my stars, do I feel stupid (hits self on head). I had forgotten that I had disabled DirectX Draw and 3D for one of my previous games. All I did was change it back and I was in! Right click on your desktop, go to Properties--)Settings--)Advanced--)Troubleshoot and make sure your Hardware Acceleration button is set all the way to the right (Full). Hope this helps a few of you out!

[Post New]by darbysmom1 on Sep 14, 10 12:14 PM
I cannot "saw" the last board in the boiler room. I have assembled the boiler mechanism and all boards in the doorway except for one has been sawed. Any suggestions?

nannie_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by nannie_1 on Sep 14, 10 7:52 PM
I have had to restart this game 2 times because when I quit and go back there is something i need that is no longer there.......................anybody got any suggestions

thanks

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 15, 10 7:14 AM
srgparker wrote:Really enjoying the game...had some issues a few times, started playing and got booted out a few times, nothing saved "save file is corrupt" error...uninstalled, reinstalled, everything was running smoothly again. Now am mid way through chapter 2/3 and have been booted out again. When I attempt to 'play again' I get the "save file is corrupt" message. This is frustrating as I have made a lot progress this time around from the first reinstall.
Any patches or solutions for this? Anybody? Thanks!
I have the same problem.

Go to: