Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Royal Trouble

[Post New]by Catghost on Sep 10, 10 1:16 PM
Hint system is great. Wish more games would pick that up. As for the constant back and forth to him/her/him again, not my cup of tea. Puzzles are nice.
I am still to find the funny in the dialogue. Way too much of that. More of a royal pain then anything else. More game, less talk. Overall score: 2 out of 5

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 1:17:39 PM PST

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 10, 10 1:19 PM
Very funny characters. Didn't check for length but will later on as I'm on a budget this month . Love, love, love the hint system very much like another one you can access at a certain site. You can get just the next step or all of them. Other devs should take a 'hint' from this game. Light, relaxing fun. Nothing scary or heartpounding, just humor, clear graphics and a good solid get it done type game. I liked it

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Sep 10, 10 2:02 PM
Just finished the trial and loved it. Fun game with funny dialog and characters and charming artwork. I didn't find the dialog to be too much and enjoyed all of it, puzzles were fun and fit right into the game, simple to solve yet required a bit of though. The hint system is very nice with the level of hint needed - from a nudge to an outright giveaway. Very nice and haven't seen anything like that before. I like it! I like playing between the two characters with different viewpoints and areas, as well as different inventories and tasks. Gave an added dimension to the game. Not sure if I want to buy though since it seems to be a pretty short game. Will put on my maybe list for a rainy day.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Sep 10, 10 2:16 PM
Nice comic relief. The hint system is superior. Nice cartoon graphics. Enjoyable but short. Figure to finish in 2 hours or so. I wasn't gripped. Times being what they are, I only buy the games that grip me, but I did enjoy the demo.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 10, 10 2:47 PM
Loved it. The graphics are great. The storyline is so creative and original. The narrator can be a bit annoying. The characters are too funny. Gameplay is well done and the hint system is brillant!!

It's a A++. Loved it!

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Sep 10, 10 3:22 PM
Enjoyed this game very much. Nice colorful graphics, excellent musical score and one of my favorite things in a game, a great sense of humor. As has been mentioned before it has an excellent hint system, one that can be used to the degree the player desires. For me (figuring things out isn't a real strength of mine) that meant frequent use of hints plus a few trips to the walk thru. The result was being able to spend my day off enjoying a cute story for less than a movie. And if I ever wish to, I can play it again. Finally another thing I much appreciated was the light heartedness of the story with the absence of dark themes.Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Sylviald
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Sylviald on Sep 10, 10 5:09 PM
I wonder why BF at times say a game is a HOG when it is actually an Adventure game. I love pure adventure games and sometimes dont check out a game if i think it is just another HOG - we've had so many of them lately. Not that I don't like them but they do get a bit repetitive after a while...

Zariajewel
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Zariajewel on Sep 10, 10 5:54 PM
This game was waaaay too easy! Finished bought game in 2 hours. Feel cheated that I bought it. No replay value!

I want my money back.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 10, 10 6:47 PM
Cute story..can guess where it is going. Don't like the cursor and can't get rid of it. Somewhat challenging, although at first I thought it looked a little lame. I agree with the white wording. Not a good idea. I like what they did with the hints. Something different for a change. A little hint to help you along, or a realy hint to get you through. So far, it is a fun game. I will probably purchase this one too.

mammadenny
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mammadenny on Sep 10, 10 6:49 PM
I love everything about this game.

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on Sep 10, 10 7:17 PM
Really pretty game .. liked it but way too much dialog! Kinda makes ya feel like a kid! Fun tho!!

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Sep 10, 10 7:36 PM
I really like this game--beautiful clear graphics, a helpful hint system, interesting puzzles and a cute storyline. The dialog doesn't bother me, I think it adds to the game and makes it more interesting.
I will be sorry to finish the game, as I am enjoying it so much. I don't usually play "adventure" games, but am really glad that I decided to give this one a try.

jma0909
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jma0909 on Sep 10, 10 8:07 PM
So glad to see this game come out. I beta tested it and thought it was funny and charming as well as a pretty good game. Off to buy

GONGA
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by GONGA on Sep 10, 10 11:33 PM
I thought this game was fun, not to long not to short, fun characters . I bought it and all in all it was a hoot :0)

bgibsonaz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by bgibsonaz on Sep 11, 10 12:03 AM
Lighthearted fun adventure. Fast moving. Bought it after half the trial play.

Rose_Ann
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rose_Ann on Sep 11, 10 12:04 AM
Rainice, I agree totally. This game is so cute and refreshing.

rainice wrote:Enjoyed this game very much. Nice colorful graphics, excellent musical score and one of my favorite things in a game, a great sense of humor. As has been mentioned before it has an excellent hint system, one that can be used to the degree the player desires. For me (figuring things out isn't a real strength of mine) that meant frequent use of hints plus a few trips to the walk thru. The result was being able to spend my day off enjoying a cute story for less than a movie. And if I ever wish to, I can play it again. Finally another thing I much appreciated was the light heartedness of the story with the absence of dark themes.Hope everyone has a great weekend.

[Post New]by Woosterphile on Sep 11, 10 3:27 AM
Agree with the general consensus on this game. Cute, fun graphics, nice storyline, great hint system. I play a pretty wide variety of games (I'm fairly easy to entertain haha) but what I value most in all of them is a fun and/or gripping storyline and this game makes me want to see the end. My only concern is that it does seem pretty easy. I was about 60% complete when my time trial ran out and since I'm on a budget this is going to my "use game credit" list instead of my "must buy!!!" list LOL

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 11, 10 3:54 AM
Awww... what a lovely and fun game!
I love the graphics, and the interaction between the prince and princess are really fun to watch and listen to. I also love the hint system, and gameplay is just GREAT.

This is one exceptionally well done game and fun to play right from the start.

Oh... and those mini games are excellent. Love the hidden objects parts as well as those puzzles. Unique and FUN!!

Edited on 09/11/2010 at 3:55:55 AM PST

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Sep 11, 10 4:15 AM
Just finished the game without any hints. Lovely clear crisp graphics, endearing story with any ending which calls for a follow up part 2? Pure adventure gaming in the old Monkey Island, Simon the Sorceror style but way shorter in gaming time. If you like adventures, as I do, you'll love it.

Thanks Big Fish

daisimai
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by daisimai on Sep 11, 10 4:28 AM
My only complaint is that the game is to short....only have one chapter left in my demo....but I'd definately buy if it comes out as a DD or the next sale. Love the clear graphics, different puzzles, and the hint system.

Go to: