Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Puzzle Quest 2

[Post New]by snoozanwillow on Sep 20, 10 6:34 PM
I loved Puzzle Quest 1 so buying this one without a trial was a no brainer...Love this new version. I normally play HOG Adventure games and my kids enjoy WOW but we all play this game and share our wins and advancements through the quests. Thank you BF for finally giving us number 2.

roxas87
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by roxas87 on Sep 23, 10 7:27 PM
Hi all..i just bought this game yesterday,and here is my review for this game..

1) Pros:
- the gameplay FTW!!
the foundation of this game,gameplay there are a lot of unique gameplay here,besides the normal match-3 game..i will list it here..

I) the minigames..there are 6 total of minigames,which you will encounter in your quest/story mode to help you go further in your journey..furthermore,you can practice playing these minigames at the main menu too..in addition,these minigames in quest mode is also affected by your hero stats..

II) quest/story mode..the quest is really straightforward,and the only difficulty here is to find all the side-quest available in this game it also have 3 difficulty level for you to choose..

III) Extra features..it have quick battle,endurance mode & tournament mode to keep you busy all the time

IV) Hero's spells,equipment,stats,upgrades..spells/magics & stats are unique to each character..it all differ to which characters you choose to start playing..spells use mana,and equipment like weapons & shields use action points..you can level up your character,and increase your stats & learn new spells..there are 5 main stats,and several bonus stats on that main stats..you can upgrade your equipment by collecting trade items & money to be able to upgrade it..there are also shops,which you can buy your equipment..6 equipments ready for you to be equip..

- replay ability
I) if you have finish the game for 1 character,play the other 3 characters available..
II) nice presentation of the game..background,music,sound,they are all nice..the graphic too is not too heavy for slow computer/laptop..

2) Cons:
- new items/equipments are always reset to a new inventory at the shops,after you complete a quest ..means,if you see an equipment you love to buy & don't have enough money,you must collecting money before you finish a quest..if not,the item is gone forever for good..maybe it will come back again,after you do several quests..
- the quests are really,really straightforward..there are indicators to tell you which way to go to complete the quest fully,without even lost for a seconds..the quest mode is really boring for some hardcore gamers,but the gameplay is top-notch to overcome this con..

overall,i'm giving this game a rating of 9/10..a must buy for everyone!! once you played this game,it will change your perception about match-3 game..i guaranteed!!

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Sep 26, 10 2:15 PM
I am not much of a RPG and I bought this one sight unseen, thinking it was the sequel to another game.

What a fortuitous mistake. I have been playing this for about 20 hours so far and have not finished with the first character. I am on level 26 - no idea how many there might be for each persona. I am playing the easy quest mode.

Great graphics, story, game-play, and characters (both good and evil), and some really nice features like the portal so I can go back and upgrade my gear whenever I want.

The monsters are widely varied and each type has a different set of strengths. This makes the M3 portions much more intense as your strategy has to change based on your opponent.

The only con for me so far is that it is REALLY hard to break away - just one more battle, then one more, then one more, and the next things I know it is 3:00am.

Fantastic game - no regrets at all.

[Post New]by megmcguire on Sep 27, 10 4:47 PM
I'm totally hooked! I've been playing for a few days now, and I'm afraid I'm getting behind on work and housework!

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Sep 30, 10 12:53 PM
Love this game!

[Post New]by mandalamama on Oct 6, 10 10:13 AM
i bought this game even though there was no trial, because at my house we all love Puzzle Hero and this looks like a bigger, much better version. also, we play D&D offline so this is a fun way to play something in the genre online.

other than the technical issues, of which there are so many (see the technical issues thread for more info), i really love this game in every way. graphics, sounds, game play, everything. i have both boys and girls from 5 to 44 playing it, and we all love it!

i do wish there was a way to go back and fight things like the rats or goblins in order to level up and also have more money to buy things at the shops, before going on to a more difficult level. (did we miss something?) other than that, a truly awesome game! (-1 thumb for the technical issues which i hope are solved with a patch, quickly!)

[Post New]by Brad_Gammage on Oct 7, 10 4:57 AM
mandalamama wrote:

i do wish there was a way to go back and fight things like the rats or goblins in order to level up and also have more money to buy things at the shops, before going on to a more difficult level. (did we miss something?) other than that, a truly awesome game! (-1 thumb for the technical issues which i hope are solved with a patch, quickly!)

Use the Quick Battle option from the Character menu to fight monsters in order to level up and gain more cash + resources for upgrades.

[Post New]by MaryPattySue on Oct 14, 10 12:08 PM
I bought the first Puzzle Quest and loved it! Downloaded Puzzle Quest 2 and so far am loving it better than the first! I wish they made more games like this! I can see when I'm finished, I'll be trying it again as an different character.

neaks
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by neaks on Nov 13, 10 12:46 PM
Finally just finished off the green dragon....WHEW!!!! What a game, it is absolutely absorbing and fun. I am so glad I got this one. I am a real fan of all the Jewel Quest games and this one beats even them.

I think it would be helpful if they added a comment once you finish the green dragon with one character that it's time to move on either to another character or that is the end of the game.

Looking forward to yet another sequel. Is that greedy or what?!

meanymouse
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by meanymouse on Nov 15, 10 2:07 PM
Great game but my exceptions would be it would be nice to have a dictionary of some type to explain terminology. by the time I got to the end of the Barbarian because I had no understanding of the terms what was meant by life points an so on you are not able to chose were the wises place to put points u ern for winning. -strength agility etc. I spent all monies I earn through quest tradeing points at the chapel to try to figure out what each one gave me so went quest were done and you had these massive creatures to defeat you couldnt.
I dont like to cheat and read answers on the forum but for this game I would highly recomend it. Unless you are a very experienced player. Going over and over and over for weeks teying to beat it kinda ruined it for me.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Nov 19, 10 8:21 AM
What with all the rave reviews I have to give it a try.

Though not a big fan of Match-3 games, one review said it would change forever the way I think of Match-3 games.

Looking forward to being enlightened.

Edited on 11/19/2010 at 8:22:42 AM PST

[Post New]by PennyT18 on Nov 19, 10 3:37 PM
I like this game! I'm usually more into hidden object and action games and find the match 3 games lose my interest pretty quickly but not this one. I've been playing it pretty much every night - staying up way too late for someone who has to get up at 5:30am but hey, who needs sleep, right?

I think I'm on level 26, playing as Seraphine, the assassin, and I've only come across two opponents I haven't been able to beat - the ogre and Ach Lich, or whatever his name is. I went back to the town and found some more quests to go on and now through this forum, I've learned of a couple of other options to ramp up my abilities so I might be able to beat them, so thanks, guys.

I don't think I've ever played a game before that I actually talked about at work but I have this one. After a hard day, it's really good to come home and beat the daylights out of a goblin or two and when the zombies showed up, I just had to laugh. They're getting into everything lately!

Thanks to whoever created such a fantastic game.

Edited on 11/19/2010 at 3:38:12 PM PST

merivilan
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by merivilan on Nov 26, 10 7:36 AM
I am another person who is amazed how much they are enjoying this game.
All my other games are sitting ignored due to this new semi addiction and I am a female in their fifties (who normally plays HOGS).
I love working out which combination of spells works best. And the sound when you use your main weapon is great. kerslash!!
I do not really like the hint. It is intrusive and I do not think it is always right but it blinks away and I often find I follow it rather than find my own match. But it has helped me find many a four match I have missed so I do not dare try and find away to turn it off.
Good fun, kill an ogre a day.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Nov 30, 10 10:18 PM
Totally fun and addictive game. I've already played through as a barbarian and am making my way through as a sorceror. If you rushed through the game playing the bare minimum, it would probably still take about 20 hours to finish. More if you play the side quests and engage in optional fights.

There's also excellent replayability as each class has different spells/abilities. My experience as a sorceror is very different from how I played the barbarian.

melissasignal
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by melissasignal on Dec 28, 10 4:35 PM
I love the first Puzzle Quest so I was really chomping at the bit to get my hands on PQ2. I did find a free trial elsewhere and sadly, PQ2 just doesn't compare to the first. The gems, of all things, are a turn off for me; I just don't like the blah colors, the purples, blacks and oranges make me think of halloween.Also during the M3 battles there are no cool sound effects like in the first- no crashing, sword clashing no "boom-boom!". And I miss the british chick saying "You are Victoriuos!" at the end of a successful match. Though PQ2 does boast better(?) graphics, and you actually get to literally walk the map, it still didn't draw me in as much as the first one. With no free trial here on BF I strongly urge gamers to research this one, especially if, like me, you are enamored of the original.

[Post New]by BudSmellman on Jan 4, 11 12:33 AM
I bought this game based on the rave reviews from this site and others. Finally finished, and I have to say I don't understand what the fuss is all about. It is a very well put together game that integrates a lot of the flash and polish that many games lack. It also does a great job of dramatizing various aspects of the battles.

However, about 3/4 into the game I developed an apathy for the game as it became the epitome of dungeon crawl, very repetitive. I started to dread and avoid battles. I play games as an escape from the drudgery of work, but this felt like I just finished a 14 hour shift digging ditches. Another annoyance is the treasure chest mini-game. I read on another review how it was frustrating that after defeating the Orc King, the treasure you get after playing the mini-game can amount to a few scraps of wood and cloth. Come on. After spending four hours building up my skills and improving weapons and armor, followed by an epic slugfest battle, I expect the payoff to scale up as well. I know I know, by playing the treasure mini-game using the right strategy, I can get better treasure. But it's not guaranteed by any means as much of it is luck.

Maybe it's just not my type of game. I do have to give it high marks for originality, and I did really enjoy it for the first third, so it wasn't all bad for me. Give it a 2/5.

/

[Post New]by Brens34 on Jan 24, 11 10:37 PM
I actually did not like this game at all compared to Puzzle Quest 1. I don't know if it's because I couldn't stand it anymore and quit after 20 minutes. The jewels look prehistoric compared to Puzzle Quest 1 and there is too much character dialogue. Absolutely nothing like the first game in my opinion. Just sayin...

kjean
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by kjean on Apr 5, 11 6:12 AM
Most excellent game.........

dory223
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by dory223 on Sep 14, 11 3:44 AM
Is there going to be a PQ3 coming out anytime soon?

jgo555
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jgo555 on Apr 14, 12 1:59 PM
Good graphics,
So-so music (I usually not listen to the music)
great storyline.

Here's my beef:

-Most have complained about the crappy "Help" the game offers. No way to know how to produce a critical mass hit, no way to explain HOW TO EVEN EXIT the game (writing the word Esc or putting an "X" in a top corner is apparently too expesive/annoying for the game's developers).

- Too much talk from the characters, but then again it wouldn't be Puzzle Quest if they didn't yap so much.

- You have to pass every single damned monster without being able to go around them, plus too many of the same monsters in one leve.

-The "looting" is annoying, time consuming & not very productive sometimes.

- You can't continue to walk because you are being given instructions or rewards in tiny yellow lettering in the middle of the screen.

- You don't have a man to click on a particular place & get to it, without pressing the damned arrows on the floor when you are in Veloren (town).

-When you FINALLY have a freaking map, the map doesn't tell you what room it is, so you can just transport yourself to it without sitting down & memorizing the place & it's name (really! REALLY!? WTF!!!!)

- If you need money to buy/upgrade gear but you've defeated every monster but the damned huge Ogre, YOU ARE F*** SCREWED. You can't get any more money & you're stuck fighting an Ogre that's 380 life points strong while you are 211 life points weak.

- Unlike in PQ1, you can't train mounts (hell, you don't HAVE mounts), research spells nor improve your skills.

- You don't encounter different monsters throughout the whole game. It's a congregation of ogres then gobblins then... so on. One monster for like 10 times over & over again before dealing with another kind.

- You don't have a citadel nor can you "invade" one (the word escapes me as I write this).

And so far, I'm playing this game in "Easy" mode.

Edited on 04/14/2012 at 2:07:52 PM PST

Go to: