Re:Post any Puzzle Quest 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by Brad_Gammage on Sep 21, 10 12:13 PM
Below is a Developers answer from another forum regarding a Big Fish Patch.

That's something you'll need to request through the people at Big Fish/Namco Networks. I don't know what Big Fish's policy is regarding patches for PC games, but it's up to Namco to approve the patches.

So I am requesting that a patch is made available to all Big Fish customers, as it has on another site for their customers.

Thank you in advance.

Edited on 09/23/2010 at 12:00:42 AM PST

[Post New]by janetsui on Sep 22, 10 9:02 AM
I've just got my puzzle quest 2 to work... finally....

Before I've install the version from bigfish, I've instead the same game through iwin

The version on iwin worked with no problem at all (only it's just a 60 min trial)

however, do not panic, you do not need to buy the version from iwin

this is how I got the bigfish version to work

1. After your iwin version expires, DO NOT uninstall the game, leave it be
2. Before you open the gamefish version, open the iwin version (they will tell you the iwin version is expired, but it doesn't matter, we have the gamefish version, right?) DO NOT close the iwin version windows
3. Open the gamefish manager, and click on puzzle quest 2 to open the game
4. You are playing the game!

Please let me know if this helps, thanks

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 9:03:27 AM PST

intrestra
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by intrestra on Sep 22, 10 10:24 PM
Are you joking.... I have just downloaded this game and having no joy in getting it to run.... lovely green screen lovely orange and purple screen no game

I have tried everything suggested and still no joy....in help pages - any other suggestions will be gratefully received.

Edited on 09/22/2010 at 10:48:55 PM PST

[Post New]by CharliD on Sep 23, 10 2:16 AM
I have been able to play the game, however, I have not been able to find a way to turn the game off. I do not think I have overlooked the "off button" and am getting extremely frustrated with it. I am unable to play any other games because BF says there is already a game running. This is absurd - like the other responders I purchased it as I liked the original so much. At this point I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK!

[Post New]by janetsui on Sep 24, 10 5:55 AM
CharliD wrote:I have been able to play the game, however, I have not been able to find a way to turn the game off. I do not think I have overlooked the "off button" and am getting extremely frustrated with it. I am unable to play any other games because BF says there is already a game running. This is absurd - like the other responders I purchased it as I liked the original so much. At this point I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK!

trying pressing "esc" during the game, you should be able to turn the game off there

[Post New]by mynock on Sep 25, 10 10:07 AM
Does anyone know how I can get the game to run? I'm getting a red and green screen any time I open it. I've updated all video and audio drivers, changed screen resolution several times, rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled, tried running it as administrator etc. etc. No luck.

I e-mailed BigFish tech support yesterday. They haven't responded yet. I would really like to play, especially since I paid for it. Anyone have any ideas at all?

Thanks!

Oh and I'm using Vista, if it matters.

[Post New]by mynock on Sep 25, 10 12:08 PM
Someone suggested downloading the iwin free trial and that that should make the BigFish paid version work. I did that, but now neither version will work. Both only display a red and green screen when I open them. Oh well, eventually I'll eliminate all the wrong stuff and hit upon a solution, I guess.

onemeg
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by onemeg on Oct 2, 10 5:35 PM
So are we going to get the patch or not? I asked before and was told it was too soon after release...they already had the patch at Steam at the time so. Are we getting it or what?

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Oct 4, 10 3:52 AM
thanx janetsui 4 info puzzle quest 2 game works great now cheers!

[Post New]by mandalamama on Oct 6, 10 10:06 AM
i'm not sure why this works, but i got Puzzle Quest 2 working every time by opening through the Start menu -> All Programs -> Puzzle Quest 2 folder -> Play Puzzle Quest 2. it's the only way i can get it open. i use the escape key to close the game, it takes about 2 minutes where everything else is frozen, so i just close it and walk away.

still hoping a patch/update will become available in the Game Manager! it's such a great game, my friends and i and my kidlet and her friends all are playing it!

[Post New]by patchf on Oct 8, 10 3:02 PM
I contacted Microsoft for this game. They have been working with for about a total of 10 hours. They can't figure it out. I have direct 11 and windows vista.

[Post New]by kiki0310 on Oct 8, 10 7:45 PM
Add me to the list of people who purchased this game and cannot play it. I am staring at that green and red screen! I tried all the technical items Big Fish provided but no change. All my drivers are up-to-date.

I am hoping for a patch soon!!! C'mon Big Fish!

[Post New]by patchf on Oct 9, 10 6:21 PM
Thank you janetsui. I downloaded the game from [removed by moderator] and then downloaded the game from bigfish. It worked

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 1:06:45 PM PST

nesmtl
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nesmtl on Oct 21, 10 12:55 PM
mandalamama wrote:i'm not sure why this works, but i got Puzzle Quest 2 working every time by opening through the Start menu -> All Programs -> Puzzle Quest 2 folder -> Play Puzzle Quest 2. it's the only way i can get it open. i use the escape key to close the game, it takes about 2 minutes where everything else is frozen, so i just close it and walk away.

still hoping a patch/update will become available in the Game Manager! it's such a great game, my friends and i and my kidlet and her friends all are playing it!

I tried that and it did not work.
The only way I find to work sometimes, is to close and reopen my pc, then open the puzzle quest 2 thru Iwin, and then open puzzle quest 2 with big fish. It often works.
Come on big fish, a patch, there is already a patch on Steam....

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Oct 23, 10 10:10 AM
I was able to get the game consistently by running it, nothing would happen, then I'd go to the Task Manager and end the PuzzleQuest2.exe process, then start the game again and it would run. But as of today, that approach doesn't work anymore.

Is this issue going to be addressed? It's a really fun game and I'd like to keep playing it...

(I have WinXP with DirectX 9.0c)

ETA: Well, I just couldn't get it working again on my PC. I ended up installing it on my MacBook Pro Parallels WinXP VM and it works just fine (and looks pretty good on the external monitor at 1920x1200)!

Ironic that a Windows game runs on my Mac and not on the PC.

Edited on 10/26/2010 at 10:10:16 AM PST

[Post New]by artaith on Nov 4, 10 10:13 AM
Same problem here. Bought, installed, and can't run the game from the BF Game Manager, or from the Start menu.

I'm not installing iWin just to run a game that should be running without it. Please patch.

banshe01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by banshe01 on Nov 17, 10 10:17 AM
Bought PQ2 last week. Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Can get it open. No instructions on what is what or how to play. No save and quit key. Can't shut it off even with Windows Task Master. Had to shut off computer with on//off button. Have Windows Vista, loaded DirectX attachment. When try to play again, or any other Big Fish Game, I get the Game Running... can't run two at once" message. I tried everything to shut it down and even uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem. Does anyone have a save and quit option. How about a how to and what's what info.

My Original Puzzle Quest did not have much by way of what things were or how to play. It also did not have the ability to save a character and quest then change to another player and come back to the original. Now this one has no instructions and won't even let me quit the game. If I had know what a hassel this would be, I would never have bought it.

I find it amazing that people who could come up with such a great concept and game could not think to may the 1st version with a save character and quest so that someone else can play too. Instead of fixing that oversight and adding explanations for what stuff is and does, they have compounded the problem with this one and even if you can get it to start, it is trial and error to get anywhere or do anything except battle the next monster in your path. Can't save and quit.
come on Big Fish either fix it or give us our money back. (I'' take the credit, but rather have a working game.)

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Nov 17, 10 10:53 AM
Hi banshe01,

I'm sorry you're having troubles with this game! If there is an update for your computer, downloading the update can definitely help with the performance of a game. If you'd like to see if this will help, please take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For saving issues, running the game as Administrator can help and here is a help article that can guide you through those steps:

Save Errors

You're also more than welcome to contact Tech Support for more help. Just click on the green envelope to the right.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

[Post New]by QuietHeretic on Nov 25, 10 9:42 PM
I am experiencing the load-no show problem mentioned up thread. I've followed all the advice in the above recommendations to no effect. No matter where I load the game from (Game Manager, start menu, desktop icons) all I get is a few flips of the hourglass then nothing. I've updated DirectX, Flash, the lot, all my drivers are up-to-date, and I have the particular joy of watching my housemate play his BF copy of the game on his pc with no hassles at all.

Little help here guys?

[Post New]by FayRowe on Nov 27, 10 3:22 PM
I'm assuming I had a good download and install. The game comes up perfectly and, from my limited testing, executes the way it's supposed to. But for the life of me, I can't find where to interrupt the game to exit. Normally, there's a "Menu" button somewhere that takes you to an option to exit. I've had to go to the Task Manager to stop the execution. Fortunately, both times I've done this, I've re-entered exactly where I left off. It just seems like there should be an easier way. Did I have an install issue I missed?

Go to: