Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

Re:Welcome to Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest forum

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Sep 14, 10 12:59 PM
tredzwater wrote:Would an Expert Someone please answer a question for me?

I had always thought that a Hidden Object Game was one in which there were screens of items that required the player to search for particular objects on some sort of list hidden among a group of disparate objects. I thought that an Interactive Hidden Object Game was one like the above but where items could be manipulated with other items to perform a task and advance the gameplay. Equally, that an Adventure Game required the manipulation of items, some obvious and some hidden, in order for the player to progress.

Lately, when I demo games on the BFG Hidden Object category screen, they are Adventure games...by the above criterion. There are no hidden object screens to sort through. Since I like the sorting process, I am most interested in the ones I've always classified as HOGs. I do like Adventure games and have played all the Mysts but the last one, both Syberias, Crystal Key, the Sherlock Holmes franchise, etc. but I really enjoy the HOGs.

Why are the games listed on the HOG page not always HOGs and is there any way to tell the difference without taking the time to download and actually play the game? I just browsed the walkthrough on this one and it seems to have no hidden object screens but I might be wrong. Is my definition of a HOG wrong?

Thanks for any help.

I'm with you on this although from a different angle. I personally don't really like the straightforward HOGS,( just one list after another with no other action) so I'm looking for adventure only or mainly adventure with just a few ****'s. I too end up having to download lots of games to decide whether they of interest or not. But I MUST state that I am NO EXPERT and still relatively new so I could be doing something wrong. So far as this game is concerned, I have played for the hour and whilst there have been things to find they are not really the type of scene which you are describing, Again, I could be wrong, but it doesn't appear to be what you describe as ****.
Not much help I'm afraid but you're not alone!

[Post New]by boggart on Sep 15, 10 6:49 AM
I am having trouble with the jars for the honey in the Crimea chapter. My screen has frozen up and neither the mouse pointer, the hint nor the tools are having any effect, I can either sit and stare at it or exit the game. I have exited and re booted 4 times on two separate days and still no luck.

Any ideas peeps? I am stuck and have managed to get this far without forum or walkthrough help. Boggart

[Post New]by gloriaserrano on Sep 15, 10 10:25 AM
judyc456 wrote:i picked up the cups and shells and the game has locked up. i have exited and re-entered multiple times. i can not close the screen and the hint doesn't work. i can't move forward. what can i do?

yabbi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by yabbi on Sep 15, 10 3:28 PM
am totally stuck at the butterfly. I finished colorizing it successfully. it won't let me close with the X or get ? help. I can open the journal but clicking on the background (with the Monkey God floating there) does not work to close the window. I WILL NOT reinstall, have restarted and rebooted to no avail. Any idea are very welcome. Thanks much!

[Post New]by highpockets172ca on Sep 15, 10 5:23 PM
judyc456 wrote:i picked up the cups and shells and the game has locked up. i have exited and re-entered multiple times. i can not close the screen and the hint doesn't work. i can't move forward. what can i do?

same things happened to me here
what do we do ...start all over

[Post New]by bravozulu on Sep 15, 10 8:30 PM
Have finished putting the totems into their proper place and got the boards and nails for the bridge etc - try as I might I cant find any hammer at all and there is not one in my inventory - glitch in the game?

[Post New]by hartj1 on Sep 16, 10 3:21 AM
Muffy110 wrote:No clue in how to find the light in the study. Can you please help?

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Sep 16, 10 8:30 AM

bravo,
the hammer is one of your tools. Click on the girl icon and the brush, hammer and shovel will show. After you use it , it will return there to be used again.
Hope this helps.

[Post New]by bravozulu on Sep 16, 10 4:07 PM
Thanks bbelle - brain must have disengaged somewhere along the line!!

[Post New]by BarbieRuski on Sep 22, 10 2:38 PM
I hate it the game freaks out when i try to start it((( 2 screens and it does not work?! are you serious, big fish?????

Welcome to Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest forum

[Post New]by Maplesugar29 on Sep 23, 10 11:59 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by eeyorefan67 on Sep 26, 10 1:20 PM
does anyone know wher to find the last stick to make a cover for the camel?

[Post New]by mrstentrekin on Sep 26, 10 8:00 PM
I am unable to pick up the last board by the lake to repair the boat. I have 5 of the 6, but no matter how many times I click on the last board... NOTHING!

HELP please!
Thanks in advance.

[Post New]by Dianoradell on Oct 24, 10 2:48 PM
Why after playing Celestial Quest 6 xs does my machine jam at picking up the stones and goblets below Vasco De Gama's Ship?

[Post New]by momn8or on Oct 25, 10 7:39 AM
I'm stuck in the pharoah's tomb after finding all the tiles. I can't close out the puzzle screen. I'm getting really tired of the glitches in the games lately. This is the 3rd game with glitches out of the last 4 I've bought.

Welcome to Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest forum

[Post New]by cozzap22 on Oct 28, 10 11:56 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.
i cant find how to get the last barrel to float to shore please help me

[Post New]by girldog on Nov 12, 10 5:11 PM
stuck inside the ship, cant retreive what is in the drawer in the cabinet

[Post New]by KathyCS on Jun 5, 11 4:41 PM
eeyorefan67 wrote:does anyone know wher to find the last stick to make a cover for the camel?

[Post New]by KathyCS on Jun 5, 11 4:41 PM
eeyorefan67 wrote:does anyone know wher to find the last stick to make a cover for the camel?
I can't find it either

Crashga
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Crimera Question

[Post New]by Crashga on Jun 11, 11 10:38 AM
I am in the cave in Crimera and I am trying to uncover the fresco. The Hint says that there is something under that grit......I dust it and dust it and it cycles through being uncovered then the moss covers it up again....tell me how to get the puzzle revealed that is outlined in the walk through...help please! This is the first trouble that I have had with this game -- I've enjoyed it up until hitting what looks like a game glitch.

Go to: