dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 11, 10 12:04 PM
Got all the way to the pharoh's door before my hour was up. Not a bad game, not a great game. Story is a bit boring. Some items a little difficult to fine, but that's the challenge. Have to do some talking to people to go from one item or place to another. Don't much care for that. It wastes time. Have to think about this one. Not kicked out about it at all. Others will probably enjoy it.

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Sep 11, 10 1:43 PM
cherbtoo wrote:I have just had one of those deja vu moments where you start playing a game and you know exactly where everything is and what you have to do. I exited the game and came and searched my purchase history but it wasn't there and I sat here all when all of a sudden I had a blinding of it was the game I had beta tested under another name ... anybody got any memory enhancing pills because I have only demoed 2 games and the other was a TM so you think I would have remembered quicker.

C

Me too. Went back and looked in the Sneak Peak Forum,,,Myself and Cherbtoo posted our comments there. It originally came out as "Birth of Cradle: Canopus?"

I posted that the entire game was playable on beta testing, finished it at that time so need to buy it. It was a fun game....at least that much I remember

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Sep 11, 10 1:51 PM
Not for me. Boring, and even in Advanced mode the hand cursor shows you where everything is. I don't want to be shown where everything is, or I wouldn't play Hidden Object Games; I'd play Show Me Where Everything Is games. Not enough of a challenge for me and I HATE spot the difference.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 11, 10 2:17 PM
glitterbutterfly wrote:Not for me. Boring, and even in Advanced mode the hand cursor shows you where everything is. I don't want to be shown where everything is, or I wouldn't play Hidden Object Games; I'd play Show Me Where Everything Is games. Not enough of a challenge for me and I HATE spot the difference.

ROFL!

I don't like games like that either but already downloaded the demo so will try it, but if the game offers too many unsolicited hints, I doubt I will like it either.

[Post New]by Emperess on Sep 11, 10 2:28 PM
Just finished the demo, I thought it was not so bad but the music drove me totaly insane , I had to turn it off and I like to play a game when there is some kind of ''ambiance'' so unfortunatelly it won't be a buy for me.

[Post New]by librajewel on Sep 11, 10 2:51 PM
Another game with glitches.

4babes4me
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by 4babes4me on Sep 11, 10 5:49 PM
I have played the 1 hour demo without any glitches, so the story is interesting enough for me to buy. This would make a nice fill in game while I wait for the next dark and eerie game to come out. I always demo games for myself even when they have horrible reviews. Glad I did this time.

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Sep 11, 10 8:11 PM
I agree with Karen 876. Also, I have a large wide screen monitor, and the game never did expand to a decent size. I found that too annoying to continue. I had high hopes for this one.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Sep 11, 10 8:31 PM
With only 5 chapters, I'm afraid it'll be too short for my liking. The wide screen monitor issue affects my decision also. No buy today. Maybe as a $2.99 later.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 11, 10 8:58 PM
I thought this was a pretty decent game. More of an adventure game than HOG. The music wasn't bad and the graphics are sharp. I got halfway through on my hour demo so it seems to me to be a little on the short side. I started on the easy mode. I think if I purchased it I would try the more difficult level. The easy level was pretty easy. The hints weren't always helpful, but at least they charged quickly. Not a bad game, but I felt it was very similiar to all the other games where the main character is trying to rescue someone and they travel through time to Egypt, the jungle, etc. I would definitely purchase as a DD, but I think I will pass on it for today.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 11, 10 9:20 PM
Totally love this game! I used a punch card credit (my last one) and not sorry I did. Adventure gamer's may find this too easy, but I'm up for a relaxing, enjoyable game. The graphics are clear, objects are easy to find and I must admit I've had to use the hints a few times. The music is repetetive and annoying, so I've turned it down, but other than that, I can't think of anything negative about this game. Although I haven't resorted to using the walkthru yet, it's good to know there is one available! Thanks BFG's for another fun game.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Sep 12, 10 12:54 AM
I like this game and may buy it. I like the fact that I don't need a walk-through to tell me every little step and that I can figure it out for myself. I do like the hard games but right now enjoy this one.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 12, 10 1:32 AM
I am not sure about this game. I liked the gameplay (it says this is a HOG, but it's really an adventure game), but to be honest, I am rather tired of Egyptian (and Asian - buddhas, buddhas everywhere - and those including Aztecs images) scenes. There are just far too many games with those themes.

Also, even though I had no problems with the game, and I enjoyed the game for the 1 hour the demo gives you, the graphics weren't all that great, and the game left me somewhat unexcited. I have played too many very exciting games of late (with great graphics), and this one is just a little too flat (like a lemonade where all the bubbles have gone out of).

So I don't think I will be buying this game.

Edited on 09/14/2010 at 6:51:47 AM PST

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Sep 12, 10 2:15 AM
It was an ok adventure game. It got annyoing towards the end as the objects became ridiculously hard to find and all the back and forth between areas started to really get to me. I had a glitch with one of the puzzles and was forced to skip it. I think it was the one where you you have to match the feather colors. The story was kind of boring, too.

I don't regret buying it as it gave a few hours of entertainment, but it really isn't anything special.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Sep 12, 10 5:30 AM
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this game Everything about it. A good length as well as beautiful graphics.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Sep 12, 10 6:05 AM
I bought it
Graphics good
music bad..turned it off
a nice relaxing adventure/HOG game
a bit on the easy side for both genres, but I really liked it.
dopey story, only had to refer to walkthrough once in the end.
Awesome good hints system
decent length
1/2 of

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Sep 12, 10 8:25 AM
At first I thought I was going to like this game. The puzzles in the uncle's house were generally clear and easy enough to solve. When I got to Egypt, things seemed to become smaller and harder to find. I had to come to the forum to find out how to move on in the game. Even when I knew where I was supposed to be looking for one of the sticks, I had a hard time finding it. If I had been playing this game late at night, I would have thought that perhaps I was just tired, but this wasn't the case. I have to say I was glad when the hour demo was over and I could leave the game. After finishing Hotel, this was a poor game in comparison. However, I can see that there might be aspects of the game that will appeal to other players.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 12, 10 9:47 AM
Love, love adventure games but this one...zzzzz

[Post New]by SusanBStephens on Sep 12, 10 10:40 AM
I am at the end of chapter 3 making the elixer and I have no crusher. Does anyone else have this problem or am I suppose to find it some where? I am following the walkthrough. Thanks

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Sep 12, 10 12:04 PM
Hmm, at the time of typing this, 39 posts in the Comments and Reviews thread, and 58 in the Technical Issues thread. There is obviously a pattern emerging here. As I said in my Technical Issues post, good luck and happy gaming to all those who don't have a problem with freezing etc, but I think the statistics must speak for themselves.....

Go to: