GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Saccharine Soap Opera meets Hughes Aircraft

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Sep 11, 10 8:57 PM
BOO HOO HOO! The worst mistake of my young marriage! I BURNT A CAKE!
Then my drunk husband started building tractors, no, wait...AIRPLANES! Then a son appeared. Then we built more airplanes!

As all the other posters said...booooorrrrrrring...but so beyond terrible that it was almost camp! First it is a girly girly boring HOG, then, apparently the girl developer was overpowered and locked in a closet (or should I say WORKSHOP) and it became all about airplanes...where we were asked to find, among other objects a SEKSTANT! Not a sextant, that would have been too easy.

This game was apparently developed by committee...a boring, co-ed, and quite possilbly very drunk committee. 2 stars, only because it was so terrible it was funny.

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Finding Hope

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Sep 11, 10 9:07 PM
Sorry, but I have to agree with the other reviewers. I could only take 8 minutes of the game before I had to stop. It was way too depressing by half. The music was depressing, the storyline was depressing, and it seemed very boring. I like playing games to get away from reality for a bit, not read someone else's life which is that depressing. I'm glad some people enjoyed it, but it is defintely not for me.

I also had trouble downloading the game at first and had to delete it and start again. Even the second time I got an error message, but it still played.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Sep 11, 10 9:12 PM
Saccharine Soap Opera meets Hughes Aircraft

I love that title!

Thaletta
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Thaletta on Sep 11, 10 9:19 PM
If it is depressing, which a lot of other fishies are saying, and I felt it too, then it is a no buyer for me. Thanks for the reviews fellow Fishies

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Sep 11, 10 9:35 PM
This was incredibly boring. All of the **** scenes went back to the same 2 places. Objects were very fuzzy. And - I'm pretty sure I never knew what a band saw was and I still don't! Then, there was absolutely no skill in placing the objects. You just have to patiently wait for the object to show up on the scene and place it. Where is the challenge in that?

Don't know how long the game is, but I think I was close to the end before the demo ran out. Would probably have finished if I didn't have to wait for the 'ghost' items to show up and indicate where to place the objects.

Definitely a NO buy.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Sep 11, 10 10:13 PM
My jaw is dropped reading this thread. WOW. I'm just amazed. These are not for the most part "reviews" & this is why I keep saying "reviews" & "comments" should be 2 distinct & separate threads, for all the good it does. Those who really have nothing of substance to contribute can "comment" & those who would like to address the actual game can "review". I am not directing my observations at specific posters. This is just a general WOW. So much for entertaining any expectations.

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by nancehere on Sep 12, 10 12:22 AM
Thanks for the post Scarlet. I feel the same. If somebody doesn't like a game that's a legitimate comment, but to describe in detail everything that happens in the story midst your complaints does nothing to aid the reader, thus your posts are full of spoilers. I'm not purchasing the game as it's too short but will wait for the DD. It would have been more fun for myself and future purchasers not to have known what happens in the story. I'm old enough to have lived in that era and World War II and though the storyline is a complete satire it's pretty much right on. I had some good giggles.

SherrieS
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by SherrieS on Sep 12, 10 6:12 AM
Played the demo:
deleted
Graphic fuzzy
Some lil thinking on it, but didn't get into story or retracing steps.

dogma45
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dogma45 on Sep 12, 10 8:04 AM
Way to depressing . Too hard to do this one!

Myriade99
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Myriade99 on Sep 12, 10 8:11 AM
Super boring, I didn't last 15 minutes of the demo.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 12, 10 11:56 AM
I have played many hogs the last months and this is really bad. Very boring story, boring gameplay, seems also very short. No buy for me

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Sep 12, 10 2:03 PM
The game was boring, and more of a chore rather then enjoying the game. The reason why I downloaded the game was because its nice to redecorate a home, ie like Dream Day First Home. This game should have been more optimistic. The reason why I play games is not to immerse myself in one of those films they show on daytime TV with soppy story lines.

It wasn't something that I enjoyed at all, and I tried it for half an hour, it even made you place items in the kitchen were the kitchen was filthy, so why bother finding pots and pans and placing them in the kitchen until after it has been cleaned. The whole flashing thing was a put off. Yes other games have it, but this did not work as this was a put ff to this game already. Maybe they should have marked out the objects with outlines, or got us to fix items as they do in Yard Sale Hidden Treasures. I have played that game with my family members, but would not even consider doing that with this game, let alone buying it.

So the pro was in the drawing board, were the idea of doing up a house was a good idea, but the game did not deliver.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Sep 12, 10 2:08 PM
Oh yes, I'm sure with the previous comments, the developers would find it disappointing but its also been a disapointment for me and others, pity considering how the effort it took to make this game.

agham
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by agham on Sep 12, 10 3:23 PM
Not the finest game I have played.
Spelling mistakes include Sekstant instead of Sextant, Baling instead of bailing. Being shown where every article has to go is too much.
No puzzle games to break the monotony.
Too short a game and not really worth the money spent.
Sorry, could go on but you get the picture

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Sep 12, 10 4:15 PM
Well, I did quite enjoy the game, but I finished with 1 minute to go and I didn't rush and read every thing!
The first game I have finished on BFG within the demo time.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Sep 12, 10 4:24 PM
Purplerabbit wrote:Well, I did quite enjoy the game, but I finished with 1 minute to go and I didn't rush and read every thing!
The first game I have finished on BFG within the demo time.

Wow, now that's pretty fast, finished in the demo time, i don't think the developers would be happy with that LOL.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Sep 12, 10 9:09 PM
YAWN, what a sleeper. I'll pass

oakley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by oakley007 on Sep 13, 10 12:43 PM
This started out "hopeful" for me. It reminded me of "Princess Isabella. The witches curse" which I loved. You would put things in order and the scene would come alive and go from drab b&w to full color. Played about 40 minutes and decided it is a no buy. Some of the items on the find list were difficult to find because it was a mystery what they wanted. Story was interesting and I liked that about the game.

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Sep 13, 10 7:09 PM
Seriously, it should be retitled "Losing Hope" cause that's how I felt after 15 mins. It was slow, boring, cheesy and way way too easy.

I actually found myself laughing at the dialogue, it was so bad.

I was losing the will to live by the time I closed it down.

zazu2008
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by zazu2008 on Sep 13, 10 11:10 PM
I did not find it that bad. True, it did not have the greatest story in the world and her problems seemed to take over the entire game, but it was bearable. I think they tried to show how she found hope, but it seemed like an after thought.

"Uh-oh, we've depressed everyone! Quick! Add something nice at the end!" Ta da!

They tried. Didn't work out as well as they would have hoped. (No pun intended.)

I managed to finish within the demo time and I didn't skip anything. I've never finished a game in demo time, so that was surprising.

Because it is so short and I do not think that this is a game worth repeating, I would say don't buy. I wouldn't buy it for $2.99 or even $0.99 personally.

Go to: