bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Re:The Stone of Destiny - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 12, 10 12:06 PM
Hi everyone!

I wanted to pop in and let everyone know that we are aware of the code issue and are doing what we can to get it fixed ASAP. Thank you so much for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Feel free to PM me with any questions,

bfgTigris

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 12:07:17 PM PST

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Sep 12, 10 12:07 PM
This game was ok but far too easy for my liking. Flew through the lists very quickly and the mini-games were even easier!!! The symbol drawing was mostly easy but occasionally it got rather picky and i had to re-draw upto 5 times. I did not play the full hour trial, as i was totally bored afer 40 minutes

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 12, 10 12:53 PM
Gameplay is simple for the hidden items part. The drawing the symbols part is annoying and upskippable. Not a real interesting game. The storyline seems well written. The graphics are fair and the little guy that jumps out and says "Well done" was REALLY annoying.

All in all, it's a C.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Sep 12, 10 3:04 PM
It should be working now! The price of the Daily Deal should automatically be $2.99.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Sep 12, 10 3:10 PM
Thank you, Tigris, for letting us all know that you folks are on the case and working to get the cranky DD code whipped into shape.

You're great, working on the weekend to keep the games flowing to us fans. I really appreciate the job that you folks do. Most of it is behind the scenes and we never know about it. Something like this reminds us that you're looking after us all the time. You're our guardian s .

Edit: Got it!! Thanks for fixin' it.

Edited on 09/12/2010 at 3:12:30 PM PST

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Sep 12, 10 3:55 PM
No Buy for me. There are too many other games I'd rather put my $2.99 toward this month.

BFG just began offering the DD WITHOUT a code. I bought one once recently, and it just came up with the price being $2.99. But I don't understand why they changed this, and why it took until 3 p.m. in the afternoon to work out the problem? Maybe 'cause it's Sunday. For me, the code was much easier.

Enjoy your DD everyone! I'm saving up - hoping some of the CE's will come out in regular editions before the end of the month.

As always,
cg

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Sep 12, 10 5:20 PM
I downloaded this to trial it and found I must have already done so in the past since I had only 40 minutes... well... 10 minutes in and I realized why I still had 40 minutes on the trial. The graphics were pretty sad... even for a 2007 game. It's basically flat single items stuck willy nilly on the scene. Same issues others have mentioned... multiple items like 5 birds except there are 10 birds in the scene... very irritating. Seems like lazy game making to me when they do that... like they aren't paying attention. Now, if they said 5 BLUEBIRDS and there was a mixture of different types of birds that might be fun or at least a fair challenge. But I don't want to be forced into random clicks... that's not why I play games.

Straight hog (which admittedly I'm bored with now so a new hogger may find this one more to their liking than I do) with a drawing mini-game in between. I normally LOVE the drawing/painting type games but this got old fast. And I pretty much wanted to smack the crazy fake Asian old guy that popped up at the end of the scenes with his hands in the air. So weird. No clue what the storyline was supposed to be as I didn't start over... just started where I'd left off the last time I tried it. But the game didn't seem to have an Oriental feel to it so why he was there?? Only the game maker knows.

Anyway... bored after 10 minutes so uninstalled again. No buy for me even at $2.99.

Skulduggery
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Skulduggery on Sep 12, 10 5:26 PM
bfgTigris wrote:It should be working now! The price of the Daily Deal should automatically be $2.99.

Yay Thank you!

I prefer the new system, much less hassle, no copying codes, goes straight to the page and applies discount

Legabriel
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Legabriel on Sep 12, 10 5:45 PM
Thanks so much!! bought it.

HUGS

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Sep 12, 10 7:05 PM
I'm glad this game was only $2.99, because it is stupid and boring and timed. Hate it.

Snookie1100
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Snookie1100 on Sep 12, 10 7:19 PM
Thanks for getting the daily deal pricing situation cleared up. While I do like more challenging games......this is a nice break when you just want to play and have fun doing so. At $2.99, worth the price.

erbusbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by erbusbee on Sep 12, 10 8:59 PM
Wow...twelve minutes was about all the pain I could stand.

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Sep 12, 10 9:16 PM
No story line that makes sense. Incredibly easy **** scenes. No buy.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Sep 12, 10 10:41 PM
I didn't have trouble with any part of the game, in fact I think I may have come close to finishing it within the hour demo. Still I quite liked it as simple as it was; there was something appealing about the graphics and the ease of the mini games. If I didn't have so many other games that I've bought and still haven't gotten around to playing I would buy this.

MsMander
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by MsMander on Sep 13, 10 11:00 AM
Legabriel wrote:I cannot buy it as 2.99. I have tried repeatedly and it keeps using a credit instead of the daily deal price of 2.99. Anyone else have this trouble?

Yep. Same here. I have sent an email to BFG to complain, so I hope they replace my game credit. They are always good at making things right. It's frustrating when the website malfunctions, but on a week-end it's TRAGIC! LOL

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Dec 31, 11 1:45 PM
I bought this game when it came out, I actually liked the scenes and the, no bad for a regular game.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jan 18, 12 11:56 AM
I was surprised to read all the negative reviews for this game as on the actual review page there is only 1 and the player gives it 5 stars. I always refer to the review page for a particular game to get feedback so it's a bit confusing when the review page gives it a 5 star and the forum page has lots of negativity. Can't everything be centralised?

Go to: