Royal Envoy 2?

LINDSAYR28
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Royal Envoy 2?

[Post New]by LINDSAYR28 on Oct 31, 11 9:02 AM
It's officially up on the developer's site!

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Nov 1, 11 4:45 AM
Have it now.
Could not wait.
Have only played 4 levels so far.
As usual the first teaching levels are easy.
Was disappointed that the tax gatherers are not in (at least up to this level.)

The gold pops out of the houses and you have to gather it before it disappears. Also another interesting feature is the reliance on collecting food (berries from bushes) which are apparently now needed to build cottages. Also opening of treasure chests for a gold boost.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 1, 11 1:48 PM
I bought RE2 from the devs on Monday and paid exactly 17p (UK money) more than I would have here as a game club member! Well pleased with that!!

If you're expecting much the same as RE1, then you'll either be disappointed or surprised! It bears little or no resemblance to the original game; there are so many changes it's impossible to mention them all but a few are:

No tax collectors; the player picks up the rent money.
Food collecting; not in the original at all, have to collect.
Workers now speak much more (sometimes too much for my liking).
Market is only to buy food.
One large island with various districts, each with a leader. Cedric is only along for the journey, as with Tippy.

There are lots of other different aspects, including one in which you have to do a lot of very fast clicking to win. Some may not like this; the game has become much more of a 'click-fest' than it was before.

It is much harder to get gold on the levels now; you win either 3,2 or 1 stars depending on time to finish a level. Some seem far easier, others downright impossible!! I did eventually finish the whole game and started on the 30 bonus levels; in contrast to the main game, these do seem a bit easier to get gold on. If you can get through the main game (if you run out of time you have to start over), then the bonus levels are great fun and good practice for helping with the normal levels.

Initially I wasn't that impressed but the more I have played it, the more I've loved it! Been playing since yesterday and barely stopped I'm getting gold if I have to play it forever, although I can't imagine how hard the expert mode is going to be!!

[Post New]by debilanc57 on Nov 1, 11 2:26 PM
Yes there is on [removed by moderator] for $13.95

Edited on 11/01/2011 at 4:46:00 PM PST

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Nov 1, 11 11:46 PM
I agree with angelfish, it is very different and that may be unfortunate. We have seen the farm frenzy series and the build a lot series where they have kept the basic gameplay the same. I wish RE makers had kept the same SUCCESSFUL basic format. Number 2 is too early to be making such vast changes.
I am also one that has arthritic fingers and if the click fest becomes too much like an arcade game then I am out.
Back to the drawing board and with RE3 do something in the middle

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 3, 11 1:23 AM
I think that well known review site has it dead right; RE2 has moved closer to being a 'dash' type game and that will put off a lot of people. On some levels you simply can't finish in gold (3 star) time unless you click like mad. It's also really important the player picks up the rent money/wood/food when it appears, since it will vanish if you don't.

I have played the challenges (bonus levels) right through and there's no doubt it does help with the main game. I now have all but 4 gold levels; however one of them is a real pain and the skip option reduces your overall time, so I can't see me getting gold. And one of the challenges seems impossible to finish; I wonder if there maybe a glitch in it.

Overall the game is absolutely charming; brilliant graphics, lots of humour and mostly fun to play. But some aspects really let it down; the workers constant comments got on my nerves after a while and I wasn't expecting such a 'click-fest'. The devs do explain why the changes are so dramatic in the 'making of' but that won't help those like unclepaul with arthritic fingers.

Oh and there's no built in walkthrough either, so you're really on your own.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Nov 3, 11 4:11 PM
If anybody hassuggestions on level 38 i would appreciate it, lol. i am stumped

[Post New]by wallysdolly on Nov 5, 11 7:47 AM
Hi
Plant all the flowerbeds until you get to 400 happiness - you can take them down later

nienke_l2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by nienke_l2 on Nov 7, 11 2:26 PM
Does anyone know where I can find this game on BF?
I really want the game, have waited for it for a while ... And now it seems everyone's got it, except me!
Help anyone?

horrob
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by horrob on Nov 7, 11 9:45 PM
Can any one help me with level 55 on RE2 i cannot seem to get 450 happiness. any suggestions please, pretty please

madgicsh
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by madgicsh on Nov 7, 11 10:19 PM
You were had, Angelfish! I also bought from the developers, and paid $13.95US, exactly the same as BigFish.

ALWAYS buy in US currency or you pay too much, especially from BigFish! They still charge more in AUD,despite the fact that our dollar is worth more than theirs - Greedy?

Re level 55, from memory, build more dovecotes and you will get there.

Nienke 12, don't wait for BigFish, they're really slow - buy from Playrix.

If anyone can solve the Challenges, level 25, PLEASE tell me how? I can't get three stars on the game itself for levels 58 and 62, but have finished all levels with at least two stars. But Challenge 25 has stopped me in my tracks - can't get enough wood to go on, even though I knocked down the broken Mansion (can't get enough to fix it, either). HELLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Nov 9, 11 9:39 PM
Thanks to y'all who have posted the info about this new release. I just went to the dev's page and tried RE2 through level 6. I'm not sure this is the place to start reviewing it yet. I'm just... initially disappointed. Astounded that so many successful aspects of the original game seem to have been abandoned. What I really, really, REALLY wanted was just more levels of the first game! More of same! It was so great!

I'm going to wait until BF picks up RE2 before buying it. The way it looks so far, I can wait. Especially if the levels are going to get so hard that I can't finish them. And no walkthrough?

So. How about they release a level editor for RE 1? That way those of us who are absolutely thrilled with the original can create our own new variations of same.

Putt1505
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Putt1505 on Nov 13, 11 5:04 PM
madgicsh wrote:You were had, Angelfish! I also bought from the developers, and paid $13.95US, exactly the same as BigFish.

ALWAYS buy in US currency or you pay too much, especially from BigFish! They still charge more in AUD,despite the fact that our dollar is worth more than theirs - Greedy?

Re level 55, from memory, build more dovecotes and you will get there.

Nienke 12, don't wait for BigFish, they're really slow - buy from Playrix.

If anyone can solve the Challenges, level 25, PLEASE tell me how? I can't get three stars on the game itself for levels 58 and 62, but have finished all levels with at least two stars. But Challenge 25 has stopped me in my tracks - can't get enough wood to go on, even though I knocked down the broken Mansion (can't get enough to fix it, either). HELLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!

looloopy
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by looloopy on Nov 14, 11 8:51 AM
its out. i am currently playing it !

looloopy
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by looloopy on Nov 14, 11 11:13 AM
i am currently playing this and also island castaway2 and enjoying every moment. they are both unusually different from the originals but hey, it,s a new challenge with the knowledge you gained from the first two. proving invaluable. some folks are making negative noises but just adjust your brain and have fun i am sure bg will catch up soon.

[Post New]by eulalia on Nov 14, 11 2:06 PM
Hello everybody. There is a Walkthrough on "gamezebo.com" .
Greetings Ela

anovarho
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Sort of Sad About Royal Envoy 2

[Post New]by anovarho on Nov 19, 11 8:41 PM
I have been waiting for "2" for ages. I love the first game. I play it over and over and over.

Went to the developer's site, and downloaded the free trial. It wasn't what I expected. It's more of a cute game than a brain game. And, it is a click fest.

Cutting down trees for wood, and picking berries for food, just isn't my cup of tea. Clicking on the wood, the berries, and the cash isn't my cup of tea either.

Not sure if I'll buy it when it comes here. Just sort of sad about the whole thing.

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Dec 2, 11 6:35 PM
You know, I have to admit it, I like RE2 more than RE1. Remember how you'd have to wait for the cute little tax collector to collect the money from the homes? Well, with this game, you can click on them yourself. And the levels! Wow! They're so imaginative! The game play is so very different than RE1. And at first I was concerned, but now I just love the game. I really have to hand it to Playrix. They have truly done an outstanding job with creating a new and totally imaginative TM/Strategy game.

I have to admit that I also couldn't wait, and I purchased the game already from the developer's website.

Happy Gaming, Fishes!

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Dec 17, 11 2:48 PM
RE2 collectors edition is on sale at the developers site through 30 Dec for $9.99. I just purchased it from there because I got soooo tired of waiting for BFG to get it.

Re:Royal Envoy 2? level 38

[Post New]by lwfrog on Jan 20, 12 9:23 AM
my re2 keeps shutting down on level 38. kicks me right out. do zI need to delete and re download and start over?

Go to: