rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Artifact Quest

[Post New]by rainice on Sep 14, 10 2:44 PM
Tomorrow I get my game credit and I'll be using it on this game. This is just the kind of thing I've been waiting for, a nice straight forward game that's totally relaxing. I even enjoy the music but did have to turn down the sound effects. I do understand why some people are calling it boring but at the end of a tiring day,I'm not wanting to have to do a lot of thinking. This works just right.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Sep 14, 10 7:43 PM
love m3's ..this game is enjoyable and relaxing even in timed mode
the only minor complaints is that it could have been a great game if only they would have made it a bit more challenging . also, upgrading the island is a bit primitive...i wish the was the developers would have put more thought into that part of the game...
oh well
still thx

rubyretro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by rubyretro on Sep 14, 10 9:33 PM
I'm a big m3 fan & I LOVED it!Give it a chance & play FAST sooo fun! Some old moves some new......Kinda like a more gentile SEASONS MATCH another GREAT game! THANKS BIG FISH! I like to wind down after work with something upbeat & this does it all! I bought it for my permanent escape collection!

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Sep 15, 10 3:31 PM
It's a cute game, I played in relaxed mode with music off. I won't be buying this game, unless they have it as a DD. A great game for $2.99.

crystalstorm
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by crystalstorm on Sep 17, 10 12:12 AM
barbaralbb wrote:A nice little game and I enjoyed the demo play. Everything worked well without any glitches. The match three had variety (some move the objects into groups/some click on groups already there), Even enjoyed the minigames. Have to give a "nice job" to the developers. This game isn't a huge file and I appreciate that - still nice a varied within the small size.

As I already have several match three's - I probably won't buy this today, at full price. However, if it comes up at the $2.99 price, I'd probably buy it.

Happy gaming!
I'm really tired so I hope you don't minfd me making use of your comments barbaralbb. I also enjoyed it and will also be waiting for a DD. I feel most M3's are worth 2.99 when you consider the difference inthe development of different genres. As I've seen others voice the same opinion. maybe BF would consider a special developed for M3's. Maybe a day priced at 1.99 or 2 games for the price of one...just a thought. Hmmm, what would we do without our games???

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 17, 10 1:26 AM
The graphics are well done. The gameplay varies from standard M3 to group M3 to catching falling items. There is enough to keep anyone busy and entertained. I liked how one collects arfifacts and rebuilds the main character's home. The music was annoying, so turn it off.

It's an A for variety and interest.

Kestraka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Kestraka on Sep 23, 10 12:48 PM
I have enjoyed many M3 games. How could this one could possibly be in the number one spot?! It's boring. Not sure if it is the graphics or what.

GaCorolla
Shark
Shark
13,397 Posts

[Post New]by GaCorolla on Sep 30, 10 12:58 AM
The game has several features I like; it has a relaxed mode as well as a timed one, the levels have varied ways to clear them, you can progress steadily without getting stressed out or getting to a level that is almost impossible for an average player. You can play the levels without having to worry about restoring the island until later on in the game. The best feature it has imo is the lack of HOG stuff in it. Those are a real tlurn off with me, with the exception of Alchemist's Apprentice. I knew I was going to be using a game credit on this one. Now if there were only more true match 3 games out there. I realize that this one would be boring for some. It just isn't for me. All in all I am glad I got it. Kestraka, there are a lot of games that I don't understand how they achieved a high ranking.

Edited on 09/30/2010 at 1:08:03 AM PST

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Oct 24, 10 2:20 PM
The really wonderful thing about is the variety of games offered. I like hogs, frogs, ihogs and the rest, but I also love match-3's. In addition to that, I spend a lot of time playing MMO's, and there's a lot of stress and struggle that goes in them, at times.

So, one thing I've been wishing for for a long while now, is a match 3 with easy-on-the-eyes graphics (I'm disabled, the eyes are affected by it, high res can really hurt sometimes), with relaxed game-play and with, as someone said in this thread, a reason to play the game. This one has all those. It's the kind of game I want to go to after a day of battling in the online RPG's, to just wind down, and enjoy the game by myself for awhile, too. Or just arriving at the pc, it's a great way to start the day, too. Perfect.

This is a definite buy for me.
Thank you all, for your reviews, and thank you especially, goofyduck and ecblisa. Realizing I'm beginning to sound like some statesman off to visit foreign lands, I have to say this, too, thank you, , for covering the varied tastes of all of us, in your selection of games offered. Much appreciated.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Oct 26, 10 12:37 PM
Goofyduck, Thank you for such a good, specific review of this little gem. It is a very relaxing & appealing M-3. I too, am so very tired of Fishdom shamelessly repeating tanks as they did in Frosty Fishdom...and you have to buy them as well!
I am buying this one--nice of you to take the time to give details.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Mar 11, 11 3:20 PM
I'm putting this on my maybe DD list, if I need a punch and am desperate.

While I love the fact there is a no timer relaxed mode and a few extras, a few things still just seemed off to me. The controls are clunky, many times I over shot my swap and ended up 1 square over..I know I could maybe adjust my cursor setting on PC.. but who wants to do that then set them back again? No.. maybe Cave Quest has spoiled me but this game is a little boring in comparison. The slight pauses while the tiles cascade down made it seem cheaply done.. and building the house felt very elementary.. you click buy and thats it. Its not one I want to play straight though like Cave Quest and Jewel Quests and the catching pieces killed my hands.. with arthritis and carpel tunnel after playing the one hour demo my hand is more sore than after any game I have played on .

Kids would love this, there is some reading ..but not much..mminimal story.

I give it 2 1/2 just for the relaxed mode. (note to Developers don't put action based mini games in a relaxed mode game!)

Swtmb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by Swtmb on Jul 3, 13 4:02 PM
This is one of my favorite match three games, challenging, but not frustrating. Give it a try!

Go to: