Re:Post any Mystic Gateways: The Celestial Quest technical issues here only

[Post New]by murphy_zoo15 on Sep 22, 10 6:19 PM
FYI--I talked with tech support and BFG is working on another fix with the developers. They said this is a known problem and they will notify us when a new (second) update is available. Way to keep the customers informed, BFG!!!!

[Post New]by rainangel5301 on Sep 24, 10 12:16 PM
I got all the way to the last gate, and the walkthrough doesn't provide any help in finding the tubes needed. It says to click on the raised podium and take two pieces. I click, nothing happens, and still no word about the tubes missing!! This is so frustrating - darn, I've come this far, and now at the very end, I can't finish!! HELP!
'

jingo22
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jingo22 on Sep 24, 10 2:05 PM
I'd just like to say many thanks to Brendan in Customer support for being SO helpful. Sadly although my computer won't actually allow me to play this game for an annoying reason, his help and advice and quick response has restored my faith in BigFishGames
I look forward to playing many more games in the future and maybe even this one too!
Cheers Brendan and BigFish!

Mks1l
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Mks1l on Sep 25, 10 7:43 PM
This is the first time this ever happened to me with a BFG. I installed the preview, then could not get it to play in full screen. I closed and re-opened. Same problem. Just doesn't work on my computer (Windows 7).

dd1406tt
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dd1406tt on Sep 27, 10 2:56 PM
In Brazil at broken bridge. Have boards and nails but no hammer. Can't return to the totem area to look for it. OOPS! Forgot about the hammer in inventory. BONK!

Edited on 09/27/2010 at 3:01:16 PM PST

[Post New]by kitadog on Sep 28, 10 2:25 AM
amandajday wrote:The game won't allow me to retrieve the final captain's belonging from the beach. I've tried everything but to no avail.

Please help.

I'm stuck in the same place! What did you do?

Thanks

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Oct 1, 10 7:14 AM
I played this game up until towards the end of the last chapter when it froze after a mini gears game. I exited the game and re-entered - still frozen in the same spot. I uninstalled and re-installed then got a file corrupt message and all of my progress to the end of the game was lost. Very disappointing to have such problems towards the end of an otherwise enjoyable game.

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Oct 9, 10 1:55 AM
I,m almos!!t finished with the game,,,,now everythings working BUT the cusser!! I meant curser!!,,,THE CUSSER WORKS,,LOL

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 12, 10 1:02 PM
Game froze after I finished the gears game near the pyramids, anything you can do ? Hope so.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Dec 3, 10 10:31 AM
Having same problem as everyone else. Game frozen at miners cave. I can use hammer, brush and shovel but it does'nt do anything. Hint is glowing but not working. Only thing useable is Menu button.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 10, 11 10:42 AM
Same thing here. Game froze after I solved the caterpillars' puzzle... Unloaded, redownloaded but it's still the same...........

brightone2
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by brightone2 on Apr 21, 11 9:06 PM
Same here... I get to the secret room and no further. Am going to reinstall to see if that works. All updates are fresh on my computer. Hope this works

cyndyk2
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by cyndyk2 on Jun 8, 11 4:02 AM
I'm in the mine and I have all but the last jewel. I'm supposed to "move" a rock to get at it but can't figure out how to move the rock. I've dusted it, shoveled it, hammered it, and it just SITS there. I don't have any other tools to move it WITH. HELP! Does anyone know how to move this stupid rock??

[Post New]by LaLa2011 on Jun 20, 11 5:25 PM
I am stuck in the cave because I am brushing the fresco incessantly but it keeps getting re-covered with moss when it is supposed to trigger a mini-game with tiles! I have already purchased the game but if it's not working then what is the point! Any suggestions or help to get past the cave? I'm a Mac user.
Thanks for any help I can get!

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Jul 3, 11 12:11 PM
I'm also on a Mac and I'm stuck at the same place as LaLa2011. The hint points to "the fresco" and indicates I should use the brush. I'v brushed, and brushed, and brushed all around the area but nothing happens. I have 2/3 of the nails and 10 out of 15 stones, and can't get any further.

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Jul 11, 11 9:04 AM
I had contacted BF on the above issue. They recommended that I delete the data file for the game - Users/Username/Library/Preferences/mystic gateways.
Then restart the game .... you will have to start from the beginning and replay it to the spot where you were having difficulty, I did this and was able to complete the game without any more glitches.

[Post New]by Space_gal on Dec 6, 11 9:49 PM
I made it through the game but the game window flashed the whole time. I've got the same problem with another game. I checked the Help File, uninstalled and reinstalled many times, changed display settings and game option - nothing helped. HELP!!!

Trigger51
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Trigger51 on Dec 28, 11 4:44 AM
I can't even get started. Intro clips work ok, but when I go to the study, all I get is a framed-in black area. It says to turn on the light, but everything is black - nothing to click on, except borders and menu. Clicked everywhere in black area, but nothing works.

From other tech issues and reviews, I won't bother with this one.

Edited on 12/28/2011 at 4:46:07 AM PST

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jan 13, 12 11:23 PM
Bought the game today Jan 13, 2012 and the freezing at the miner's cave after matching the caterpillars is STILL freezing. I'm on the second to last chapter and really don't want to start all over again since this is the second game to freeze up this week. Has anyone managed to fix this without a total wipe and reinstall?

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jan 17, 12 7:06 PM
Since this has been an ongoing problem for so long without resolution, I just got my money back. Evidently it only happens on certain systems, so it's worth a shot if you like it, since if it freezes you aren't stuck throwing your money away. I really liked the game, it's too bad.

Go to: