mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Vampire Brides: Love Over Death

[Post New]by mamachi on Sep 14, 10 8:38 AM
This game is too short I felt that the story could have been a lot better if the game had been longer. The graphic was nice. Too many spiders in every scene. Like the vampire theme.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 14, 10 9:03 AM
LoveYa24 wrote:I played for about 7 minutes and stopped to check the forum to see if I was the only one thinking the objects were too small and hard to find. From reading others posts, I am not.

I am also a bit tired of most HOGs starting out with trying to get into the front door of a house.

No buy for me. Sorry.

LOLOL I love this about the front door and I double-dare any burglar to try to break into one of the houses in these IHOG games, good luck with that!!!

Good one LoveYa

shadowfax

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Sep 14, 10 9:17 AM
Played the demo for 50 minutes and had to delete as I could feel a headache starting from searching for 'too small' items in the HOG scenes. Felt it could have been a good game, but something was missing...no buy for me.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Sep 14, 10 9:21 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:
LoveYa24 wrote:I played for about 7 minutes and stopped to check the forum to see if I was the only one thinking the objects were too small and hard to find. From reading others posts, I am not.

I am also a bit tired of most HOGs starting out with trying to get into the front door of a house.

No buy for me. Sorry.

LOLOL I love this about the front door and I double-dare any burglar to try to break into one of the houses in these IHOG games, good luck with that!!!

Good one LoveYa

shadowfax

Hi Shadow
I'm currently downloading the trial version of the game and after reading some of the comments above, I 'm not sure to like this game (I've not a good sight...)

But after your comment, I decide to play with the trial and after ...I'll see.
You seem like this game a lot. I'll tell you my feeling in about...60 mn

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Sep 14, 10 10:14 AM
Played the demo and bought. I found the first scene had small objects but after you get into the game it isn't bad at all. I haven't had a problem with this and I have poor eyesight.. It got more interesting so I have to see what happens.

bbelle

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 14, 10 10:14 AM

I am getting a bit fed up of that sort of thing 'I can't pull the nail out with my bare hands', but really enjoyed this demo. And I changed profile to see if the objects change (whose great idea was that? - can't remember, but thank you!) and they did a little. Loved the graphics. It's a buy for me.

ETA not crazy about the eye either!!

Edited on 09/14/2010 at 10:15:32 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Sep 14, 10 11:29 AM
THANKS FISHIES

I kind of mixed reviews . I say, ( MPO ) that if an item is easy it takes the JOY out of being a GAME.

I am going to DEMO

B BK L

PEN

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 14, 10 11:32 AM
Very familiar story line. Graphics okay. Got through more than half of the game in the hour demo. I agree, some items are extremely small and hard to find. Don't mind looking a bit for items, but not worth getting a headache over it. Game not long enough for me. Doublt that I will purchse unless nothing better comes out this month. Hopefully the month gets considerably better.

[Post New]by apraurore on Sep 14, 10 11:47 AM
dancemom1 wrote:Very familiar story line. Graphics okay. Got through more than half of the game in the hour demo. I agree, some items are extremely small and hard to find. Don't mind looking a bit for items, but not worth getting a headache over it. Game not long enough for me. Doublt that I will purchse unless nothing better comes out this month. Hopefully the month gets considerably better.

The familiar storyline is from the film Bram Stoker's Dracula. In that film, the female protagonist reminds Dracula of his beloved first wife, who chucked herself off a tower when her husband was mistakenly reported dead. That is probably what you're thinking of.

This game is a no buy for me. I disliked the anachronisms in the part that takes place in the 15th century. The story seemed mish-mashed in any old which way.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Sep 14, 10 1:20 PM
Loaded fine.
Music repetitive.
Graphics improve with game.
HOGs very small at first but also improve as game advances.
Story line starts out somewhat interesting but continues and ends disjointed and dull.
Mini games are predictive, easy and IMO slightly a waste of time.
Hints are not hints but actually show the location of what you are looking for. For what it's worth I only used 2 and that was only because I got terribly bored of looking for spiders. And this games has many spiders, beetles, cockroaches and flies. For supposedly such a nice castle it is really buggy!

On the whole this is not the worst game I ever played but it is boring. Mind numbingly boring by the last third. The end does just that, END. With no real point.
If you just want a game with many hog scenes you will like this. It is an easy game with LOTS of HOGs. Some of which do not seem to have anything to do with the continuity of the game.
I'd give it one

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Sep 14, 10 1:21 PM
Visually appealing but that is the only nice thing I can say here. Graphics were so muddy they gave me a headache!!! It was very convoluted and overall really bad game...misspelled words too. I wouldn't even pay 2.99 for it!!

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Sep 14, 10 4:15 PM
Enjoyed the demo, but as it seems a bit on the short side, I'll wait to buy as a DD or during some holiday sale.

Tasks are quite easy to figure out -- usually just go back a screen or two to find matches, key or whatever is needed. HOG scenes have just about the right challenge -- objects not glaringly obvious, but findable if you look carefully.

I agree with some others that the spiders were a trifle overdone in this one -- best thing to do is ignore them as much as possible (unless, of course, they're one of the objects you must search for! Yikes!).

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Sep 14, 10 4:17 PM
Not totally awful, but not that exciting. Adding to what a lot of other reviews have to say, I find not just the size of the objects annoying, but all the scenes are a weird size-if I need to do something to a door, how about a close-up? I couldn't get into looking at tiny scenery-if this game was tested, I find it hard to believe that this wasn't mentioned. I didn't finish the demo because I think the whole game looks ridiculous.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Sep 14, 10 4:55 PM
Dang...I was looking forward to this game but after 10 min. figured I better give my eyes a rest! I love them dark & gloomy (always was a sucker for a good scare).
I tried using a hint in the garden scene & could hear the tinkle but couldn't even make out where the hint glow was.

lynn009
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lynn009 on Sep 14, 10 5:29 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:Wow - sounds bleak... This game is totally getting slam-basted over at another site as well. I don't know if I will even demo.... will be waiting for more to chip in with opinions I guess. I am busy playing another game now anyway.. Thanks for the reviews CasualGran and lynn009. Hello lynn009 - first time I have seen you post in here! Nice to "meet" you...

Nice too meet you also.

KathyD56
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by KathyD56 on Sep 14, 10 6:19 PM
I just finished the game, and really enjoyed it! Some of the objects were small, but really weren't that hard to find, except at the beginning. Lots of games are much harder (such as Madame Fate, Golden Trails, etc) so I don't know why so many fishies are finding the HOG scenes so challenging. I definitely am not an expert and I didn't have too much of a problem. Some of the objects were extremely well hidden, some were hidden behind something else with just a part of it showing.
There definitely were a lot of spiders in this game, also snakes, cockroaches, and beetles. This didn't bother me, but I can see how it could be a problem for someone with arachnophobia.
The sound effects were well suited to the subject matter and added an air of creepiness to the game.
Game moves were easy to figure out and I only resorted to looking at the walkthrough once for one of the puzzles. This is a big plus for me, as I much prefer to not have to depend on a walkthrough for each step.
I am glad that I purchased this game. I just wish it wasn't quite so short--I finished in just under 3 hours and I am not that fast, but I read all the dialogue and tried all the puzzles, even though I had to skip a couple of them.
So if you like fairly easy IHOGs, you should at least try the demo, you might be pleasantly surprised like I was.

MySadie
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by MySadie on Sep 14, 10 7:00 PM
I was a bit wary about trying this game after the negative comments, but found that I was disappointed when the hour finished. It's a buy for me!

[Post New]by coolest_mommy on Sep 14, 10 7:27 PM
Yikes! Loved the story line and was really looking forward to playing this game but ... Some of the objects were very small and difficult to find and some were so easy - find 6 bottles - and they were all in a row. Music was so-so as were the graphics. Found that I was hitting the hint button a lot and then realized it was out of boredom. Didn't even finish the demo. Not buying this one. Sorry.

[Post New]by JustDontTryIt on Sep 14, 10 11:03 PM
Played 32 minutes of the demo, and bought it. I love the errie music, sounds of creaking doors, and wolves howling in the outside background. My eyes are having no problem seeing the hidden objects, and I'm no young person. And the story line is interesting.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 15, 10 1:14 AM
I really wanted to like this game. I stuck the trial hour out, but by then had a massive headache! Blurry graphics, objects too small and in one instance had to use the hint button 3x as I still couldn't see 'a coin' when it had circled it!
After superb games like Black cat, this isn't a great game.
Not been able to buy many games this month....and I'm not going to buy this one either.
Shame, as it had potential but not polished enough to buy now.

Go to: