MySadie
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Post any Vampire Brides: Love Over Death technical issues here only

[Post New]by MySadie on Sep 15, 10 4:50 PM
I was playing along really enjoying the game but got to the puzzle with the heart key in the middle, was having some difficulty getting the runes in in the right order. I decided to skip the puzzle but when the hour glass completed filling and I tried to skip, the game froze and I was not able to do anything. I got the following message: Error: Access violation at 0x00434F9F (tried to read from 0x20706553), program terminated.

Should I use Dr. Felix as suggested for the other problem?

Later: I went back into the game and it started at the above puzzle for which I had gotten the solution from the walkthrough. I was then able to play until I got to the part where I had the clock puzzle. It has done the same thing again when I tried to skip the puzzle. The game froze and I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out. Hope there's a fix for this. I really love the game!

Edited on 09/15/2010 at 7:03:17 PM PST

Sherryah
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by Sherryah on Sep 16, 10 7:11 PM
aidinslevel wrote:Count me in.. t
hey better have a fix for this asap... very frustrating!!!

I don't see my tech problem here. I tried to download the demo twice and get a update notice to my game bar that says it can't connect and wants me to reinstall my game manager. YIKES I have had no problem with the game manager until I tried to download the game. I have played games today with no problem. Why is this happening? Now I tried to download another demo and the same notice is coming up and the download update for game manager starts downloading gets half done and stops. If I reinstall the game manager will I lose my save games?

I have hundreds of games on that bar. It seems the vampire took a bite out of my game manager and corrupted the update. Please help!

renecharb
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by renecharb on Sep 16, 10 8:54 PM
having same problem with moon symbol. No hints, looked at walkthrough and they show moon symbol on knight in back of room. no moon for me. tried hints in every scene I could, no moon help. can't finish game

[Post New]by SandyBasket2000 on Sep 18, 10 5:44 AM
ataloss wrote:Well, I bought it too. The demo worked fine. Got into the game and got as far as the trunk in the basement where you put the heart. However, when I enlarged the heart to put the runes in, it froze. Had to shut down my pc to get out. Am as frustrated as the rest of you.

Same here....just purchased the game and that was the first thing I tried. Got the first rune in and then it locked up.

[Post New]by SandyBasket2000 on Sep 18, 10 5:59 AM
When you do the heart puzzle correctly, you can get out of it. Just don't use the skip button and you will be fine. Haven't gotten to the next one yet.

[Post New]by trecy1 on Sep 21, 10 2:46 AM
I have same problems with game starting curser does not change and instruction wont close. im gutted as i paid for game.

sheriff09
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheriff09 on Sep 21, 10 7:11 AM

Edited on 05/08/2013 at 3:18:21 AM PST

[Post New]by lievemar on Sep 22, 10 2:28 PM
I like the game very much...no problems...untill the wedding scene...
the story end...than i have to click to go forward.......i click and i click.....but not going forward.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Coco157
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Coco157 on Sep 25, 10 10:15 AM
Did the freeze glitch ever get addressed? I have the problem with the freeze at the beginning when I try to go into the mansion.

[Post New]by jst2359 on Sep 25, 10 1:53 PM
renecharb wrote:having same problem with moon symbol. No hints, looked at walkthrough and they show moon symbol on knight in back of room. no moon for me. tried hints in every scene I could, no moon help. can't finish game

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Sep 26, 10 11:47 AM
After getting help with the RUIN PUZZLE from another fishie in the pond then went onto the GEARS PUZZLE and now I am stuck there. Like some other players I cannot SKIP this puzzle or put the gears down, except back in the left hand pile where they come from. Come on Big Fish lets have a fix for this ASAP so me and all others stuck here can get on with the rest of the game. LOL

sheriff09
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheriff09 on Sep 28, 10 6:55 AM
Hazel53Xby wrote:After getting help with the RUIN PUZZLE from another fishie in the pond then went onto the GEARS PUZZLE and now I am stuck there. Like some other players I cannot SKIP this puzzle or put the gears down, except back in the left hand pile where they come from. Come on Big Fish lets have a fix for this ASAP so me and all others stuck here can get on with the rest of the game. LOL

Hi Hazel53Xby,

Are you dragging the cogs over to the spindles in the lock. If you drop them on the correct spindles they lighten up in colour and can't be moved again.
The skip takes ages to activate( too long if you ask me! ) - all the blood drains from the top of the hourglass to the bottom and then it vanishes activating the skip button.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Sep 29, 10 10:04 AM
lievemar wrote:I like the game very much...no problems...untill the wedding scene...
the story end...than i have to click to go forward.......i click and i click.....but not going forward.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have the same problem.
The end is in sight, BUT the dratted thing had frozen

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 10:06:28 AM PST

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Oct 3, 10 3:43 PM
Come on Tech team. Nearly a month now and still no fix for this game. Really disappointing. This is a good game spoilt by little tech problems. I know you can do it and fix this.

Leslie318
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Leslie318 on Oct 3, 10 4:36 PM
I am at the Pentagram, i couldn't get the puzzle and decided to skip it. Game won't let me skip and only one rune will stick.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Oct 7, 10 7:14 PM
Leslie318 wrote:I am at the Pentagram, i couldn't get the puzzle and decided to skip it. Game won't let me skip and only one rune will stick.

The one which stuck is probably the first one. if you follow the two lines of the pentagram you will see that you have two choices for the placement of the next. it is trial and error but you will get there in the end. Just remember what went in which order an you will get there.

Hope this makes sense. I should have gone to bed about 3 hours ago.

[Post New]by johnhs01 on Oct 8, 10 7:16 AM
I've made it to the wedding and I'm stuck....I can't move anywhere.....my arrow stays an arrow and won't let me leave the scene...... all through the game I've been stuck at every game.. it freezes up......please help!!!!!!!!

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Oct 9, 10 1:28 PM
johnhs01 wrote:I've made it to the wedding and I'm stuck....I can't move anywhere.....my arrow stays an arrow and won't let me leave the scene...... all through the game I've been stuck at every game.. it freezes up......please help!!!!!!!!

lievemar and I (Helmaron) have the same problem. It's one of the posts above yours.

I am thinking about restarting it from the beginning.

[Post New]by beagleresort on Oct 14, 10 4:25 PM
Topper123 wrote:Well I, like everyone else, is having the same problem as everyone else. The one exception is, I bought the game. I got thru the demo ok so I supposed everything was ok. Then I got to the gear game and the trouble started. Sure hope they get this problem corrected soon. Looks like a game I would like.

[Post New]by beagleresort on Oct 14, 10 4:27 PM
I am at the place you are, was terrific until I purchased. Am upset to say the least.
Baxterman

Go to: