Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Ski Resort Mogul

[Post New]by momwaddle on Sep 16, 10 5:43 AM
I am on the level where you need $32,000 and I can not for the life of me get that much rent. i don't see how there is enough room to build and have your lines too. Can anyone help me out on this?

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Sep 16, 10 8:11 AM
Just stopping by to see what you fishies think of the game. So far most of you think the storyline is stupid. Well aren't most of the storylines pretty stupid in games. Good lord, I'm still playing with a frozen prince popsickle from Ice Princess. LOL!

Haven't downloaded this one yet but will try it. I like building type games.

Zolea
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Zolea on Sep 16, 10 2:59 PM
I thought people were over-exaggerating the irritating storyline and then I played the demo. Oh my! It is not just bad, it is irritating enough to make me not buy the game. But that is not the only reason, I like it when I upgrade a building, that the actual building changes with the upgrade, but no, you just get a star. Not very challenging nor stimulating. Don't bother with it.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 17, 10 1:51 AM
Read the revews and I'm amazed at the number of people enjoying this game. Earn money for gaining the love of this dreadful guy ? He seems to be only interested in money (is it a bullet he wears on his ear ?) and if the girl is stupid enough to work for this ugly guy it's up to her but I won't bother to carry on. Worst of all is not for the sake of her aunt that she comes round, just the hope of meeting this awful bloke. Definitly not my cup of tea, played about 10 minutes and got sick and tired of the game.

LindyMac
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by LindyMac on Sep 17, 10 3:09 PM
I enjoyed the game, not in my top 10 but worth whiling away a few hours on. The story line is chronic and I thought I'd inadvertently turned it off until it reappeared towards the end with the predictable ending, the music doesn't bother me and I managed to get gold on all levels except some took a few tries.
The advice above is right, get everything levelled up as quick as you can, it really does help.

Poliwird
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Poliwird on Sep 17, 10 3:12 PM
That's funny how the 'wrong' story makes you guys deprive yourselves of the pleasure to play a rather good TM game. Actually the 'story' is just a series of speech balloons from a total of 5 or 6 (i don't even remember cuz i don't care) characters, very rarely between levels. The story's short! The remaining 99% of the game time is about building and strategic planning and that's what i do care about, not about the 'cartoons relationships'. But yes, the story is, well, stupid, and yes, it's the case with most of the casual games, and i even like to look down on these inventions and ridicule them when there's someone to discuss them with.

The game is very similar with its predecessor, the Vacation Mogul, and has quite few differences (it's practically a 'new level pack with different buildings names and skins' for the previous game.) Unfortunately the research screen is now omitted, i liked it a lot in VM, but the bonus upgrades are still there and are exactly the same. So i can talk about both games in the same time -- they're very well done. While Build-a-Lots' interface usability (very important when time is the main resource!) was almost perfect and many imitator games brought additions to it to only make it worse (quite annoying when you play several such games in succession), the Mogul series have managed to even improve that interface, most changes are to better (some are to worse but few). In the beginning of a level the timer doesn't run until the player chooses an action, so its comfortable to take time to look and plan. The strategy is nothing like Build-a-Lots! In BAL you sell and sell and sell to get the cash early, in VM and SRM i completed the whole campaign within expert time without selling a single building -- correlations between resources (cash/materials/free space/time) are absolutely different. Knowing how to play BAL well, i had to learn again how to play this title well. For a hardcore BAL player this game's too easy (with bonuses; but it will be way more challenging to play without them so i practiced to buy one not before i confidently failed without it, thus adjusting difficulty myself -- a very neat option!) A hardcore player doesn't look much at the graphics (has no time) but they're really nice, too. So i liked the game and would recommend it to everyone -- both hardcore and casual players (you still can complete a level with a slightly less score if you run out of time).

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Sep 18, 10 10:08 AM
just finished the game. I thought despite the silly story line, it was pretty good, though not too challenging.

I had a huge laugh, when the creepy "handsome" guy showed up, and was like, its handsome Anthony. Anyone else got reminded of Jorge in Groomer has it? ROFL!

Anyways my only 2 complaints (and I bought the game so...) are the characters when talking to one another, man those graphics are AWFUL! you look at the starting character's girl pic, and when she slides into place, and when she first meets blond blue eyed and those ROCK! what happened to the others? yeeeesh! my 2nd complaint is more a techie nature.

the last time they speak, I think its 1-2 levels before the last one, the characters stay on the screen, instead of relinquishing the screen back. you can still click, but its highly annoying (and gave me nightmares!) ack!

I liked it, I liked the music, and the different objective. I did not care for the story line, or even, how it finishes. We don't know what happens between bank and aunt, or that cat-twit (the other girl), we don't see the competition, or who wins it. so, looks like some writers ran out of steam before the end. I am Jorge. giggling madly.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

Royal Envoy

[Post New]by joyzebra on Sep 18, 10 11:18 AM
Several of you mentioned Royal Envoy so I demoed it. I don't own any TM games as they usually bore me. But, I have to tell you I immediately purchased Royal Envoy and played it for 8 hrs straight. What a great game, one that you will be able to play time and again because you have so many choices to make in each scene. I didn't use walkthru preferred challanging myself! I enjoyed ending a scene with the largest available houses ,3 stars ,gardens ,and decorations and banks!

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Sep 18, 10 6:00 PM
I am enjoying this games. It will take me a long time to get through it though as some levels are very challenging to me and I don't get the silver but I keep on plugging away.

lovelyrita019
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by lovelyrita019 on Sep 19, 10 4:58 PM
I love this game~love the building games. Get so tired of **** games day after day!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 22, 10 12:56 PM
I like this game. I am a big fan from games like Build a lot or Be Rich and this is also a good game. Its a buy for me

Kestraka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Kestraka on Sep 23, 10 4:05 PM
I love building games and this one was very good!

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Oct 3, 10 5:41 AM
i actually prefer this game to the BAL series...
this game is wonderful for the intermediate tm player...i like how you can still continue on even tho you dont finish in time..
i get only so far in BAL ..and very frustrated..
i found this game ..jussssssst right ..
as far as the complaints about the storyline...hey...i think all of us ladies have done something silly for the cutest guy to get attention....besides she ends up likeing the blond guy anyway..i don't find it offensive at all...it just reminded me of how silly i was with a really cute arrogant guy just not to that extreme...the only storyline i pay attention to is the creepy IHOG games with a GOOD story llike a movie or something
oh well thx for the game...having fun

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Oct 12, 10 1:45 AM
43 minutes left on the demo. I've had enough.

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

[Post New]by moonladydi on Jun 6, 11 4:29 AM
Ignor the teenage angst and this game is a lot of fun, although it is annoying not being able to skip the Tutorial. I like it a lot better than Hotel Mogul Las Vegas. Haven't tried any of the Build a Lot games, so can't make a comparison to judge. Regretted when the Demo ended, so used one of my Punchcard rewards. I was saving them for an SE of some of the great CEs we've had lately. Never mind, there's always next month. Does anyone else get a sore bum from all this gameplay? My Grandson has to remind me to go to bed. Sheesh!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 23, 11 2:26 PM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by Alisandra46 on Aug 24, 11 8:44 PM
I enjoyed this game as well as the other "Moguls."

I thought it was kinda cute and was glad it was minimal.

I liked having the option to buy or not buy bonuses. I chose not to buy so that it was more challenging.

I liked having to use the "shops" items to get the gold. It would have been nice to be able to chose different ones rather than having to use the coffee shop because it was the only one that fit on the building plots.

I liked the idea that you had to figure out what goes where based on the size of the plots. Overall, good game!

timbermoon
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by timbermoon on Nov 2, 12 11:16 PM
This game seems to have a terminal case of mediocrity. The graphics are okay, the interface and gameplay are okay, the difficulty level is okay.... You get the idea. It really doesn't have a lot of character. There are other games similar to this one that I found more enjoyable, and certainly more compelling.

Go to: