dandello
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Farmers Market

[Post New]by dandello on Sep 19, 10 5:19 AM
I broke down and bought this yesterday. Was going to wait until I got a credit,but I was having too much fun with it.
I am playing the relaxed mode so I don't have to rush rush rush. I find it's challenging and makes you think. If you want to sell hotdogs, you need the butcher and bread stall. The bread stall needs other stalls to work.
In this way, it's challenging. Often times I build a vendor and realize I need a farmer to go with. But it's all part of the fun.
I find it's a very playable game. Once I go through the relaxed mode, I will try the timed mode.

Myriade99
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Myriade99 on Sep 19, 10 7:15 AM
I didn't see the demo hour go by, I think it's a fun game and I like that you have to use strategy and plan your moves. Also you still get the awards with the untimed version.

krasniikot
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by krasniikot on Sep 21, 10 8:03 AM
I loved this game! It was the most fun I'd had with a TM game in a long time. Unfortunately I finished it the same day I started it (it's not short, I just had that much fun).

I especially liked the later rounds (though they tended to be a bit uneven, some were so easy) where you just had to make some money & you could build whatever you'd like to get to that goal. There are multiple ways to hit Expert on every level so the limit is your imagination.

It has an untimed option, which I know many people prefer so I thought that was cool (though I would only play timed, for the challenge).

You do have to know what ingredients you need for what but I never ever found myself needing to write those down (like I did in Farm Frenzy: Pizza Party, which was a drag) because you can hover over the "vendors" available & preview what farmers you'd need to provide those ingredients. It's very intuitive.

The only downside for me was the endless "picking up the garbage". Maybe there was a way to pick up all garbage at once without clicking on each garbage can but I never saw it. I could have been too manically making muffins, though.

This game rocks!

Edit: OOOO!!! I became a Seahorse! Yay!

Edited on 09/21/2010 at 8:03:48 AM PST

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Sep 22, 10 1:55 AM
I love this game , have already finished twice on challenge mode. I like that it's not hard and no problem/frustration to get expert. Also no fast clicking necessary so it's kinda relaxing. I hope the developer will make a sequel or another food related time management game.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 22, 10 7:07 AM
I have betatested this game for the developer and really liked it. I like especially that you can choose between relaxed and challenging gameplay. Its a very nice tm so I buy for me

Re:No save in the game!!

[Post New]by sewingal on Sep 22, 10 5:31 PM
I purchased this game today and really, really like it however, there is no save so tomorrow (Thursday) I'll have to start all the way from the beginning again. IDK if this is a prob for anyone else or if that's just the way the game was made. Would really like to get to higher levels w/o spending all day to do it-LOL. If there is an answer to this would someone plz let me know?? Thx.

Oops, my bad! After several rounds where the game didn't save, it finally started saving...just had to be patient.

Edited on 09/23/2010 at 2:40:58 PM PST

Kestraka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Kestraka on Sep 23, 10 1:30 PM
A bit different and VERY enjoyable!

Kestraka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Kestraka on Sep 23, 10 3:04 PM
A bit different and VERY enjoyable!

Taltam1
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Taltam1 on Sep 25, 10 11:33 AM
This is a nice TM game. TM games are my favorite genre of casual game. It's refreshing and at a time when other genres have oversaturated the market, it's nice to have a higher-quality TM game to play. You have to strategize and think. I recommend it.

[Post New]by dmcnamara on Sep 26, 10 9:14 AM
I am a diehard TM fan and I love this game. I purchased it before the demo time was up. I have played through twice in the timed mode. I stick with a level until I get the expert, then move on to the next. I wish there was more of a demand for this type of game, it seems like many more people are playing HOGs, which is why game developers make so many of them. TM games require a lot of strategy and thought, too much for the majority of gamers I guess.
Hope all of you TM fans let your voices be heard. There are some of us out here desiring these games which challange us and our minds!!!

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Sep 26, 10 10:05 AM
Played the hour demo straight through and absolutely loved it yayyy! This is a deffo buy for me, it keeps you very busy, i was playing on timed for it to be more challenging and i didn't get perfect on about 3/14 rounds that i played so when i buy i will obviously go back and try for perfect. I also like the fact that you can play it relaxed because sometimes the later levels get really difficult on a TM game and i hate not being able to complete. The music is a bit cheesy on this but not so much that i had to mute it. I reckon 8.5/10

ARINT
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by ARINT on Sep 27, 10 1:08 PM
farmers market: i like it, but Im stuck on level 21 are there any walkthroughs?
thanks

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Sep 28, 10 11:03 AM
only took a break from the market to let everyone know that i absolutely love this game! love it love it LOVE IT!

at first, i thought - another farm game? what makes one time management farming escapade different from another? then i saw "relaxed" and i thought - ok... very different... and then i played... and WOW! am i charmed?

the graphics are cheery and colorful, the music has the whimsical feel of what you might encounter going to market, the tasks are laid out in detail and your progress is easy to gauge...

it's not just about setting it up, either... you've got to keep it running... that means delivering meat to hot dog stand, setting up trash cans and removing garbage, making sure you've got a dairy farmer on hand because you need milk - lots of milk - and hiring the extra workers to get it all done and keep the flow going...

there are trophies for completing levels in expert time - and you can earn these even in relaxed mode... yeah, i've been playing it easy... but i'm having an absolute ball with this one and know that even if you hate time management games in general, you should give it a try! it's just too darn cute to pass up!!

taking a pig to market... back in... well, whenever!

[Post New]by littleoracle on Oct 1, 10 8:06 PM
Loved the idea and bought the game, but had a few issues.

Sometimes I just want to lose my head in a game and relax - that being said, I like not having to worry about a timer. However, without the timer, the game is a bit blah. I mean it was... deliver the food... collect the garbage... again!... yeah, it reminded me of mediocre jobs I had when I was much younger. I found that way of playing fairly repetitious and I was determined to finish despite the mediocrity.

I would have liked it if emptying all the garbage cans put them all at "0" but unfortunately it seemed more like a glitch. I'd empty all of them and within two seconds two of them filled up again.

I would have loved some type of "extra" for the farmer's market besides the bands... maybe a ride or something or games. I've been to farmer's markets and I think it would have helped the gameplay as well as relation to the real thing.

Liked it somewhat, would have liked more. Loved the length, but I found myself finishing it and deleting it which is not what I like to do on some games. replaying a game is *always* a big plus for me - like Orchard - which I've played over and over from scratch.

Otherwise, good attempt.

CazGamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by CazGamer on Oct 8, 10 9:43 AM
I really enjoyed this game. Liked the interplay with farmers and vendors and the importance of managing both resources and time. I find it challenging, but still relaxing. Can't wait for the next one. Like some of the other posters, I'm addicted to farming games. Bring 'em on!

musket577
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by musket577 on Oct 12, 10 9:55 AM
It's fine up until you hit the 19th level. At that point is becomes IMPOSSIBLE to make any sort of expert goal at all. And I mean WAY beyond ANY chance. The timer has run out...and then you get and order for 30 milk. You need to make it feasiblely possible to make the expert level, at least.

[Post New]by leepixie on Oct 24, 10 5:12 PM
It's a pretty fun game. I think I may have stumbled upon a bug. In level 32 in the timed mode. After you fulfill the first 3 requirements it asks you to build 3 berry stalls. It does not recognize ones you have built prior to that task appearing. (I had two berry stalls prior to the task). It also didn't recognize when i build 2 at one time. I had to tear down and rebuild it. In the end I had 5 berry stalls trying to get the game to recognize 3 of them so I could finish the level.

Other then that I have been enjoying this new twist on farming time management games.

[Post New]by bfgmermaid on Oct 26, 10 7:48 PM
I am a big time TM game fan and I really liked Farmers Market a lot! I found it to be a good challenge compared to some other TM releases of late. If you like TM, this is definitely one to add to your treasure chest!

kitty55d
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kitty55d on Nov 3, 10 12:40 AM
I really liked this one. Challenging but not too difficult -- had to play some levels over and over in order to get gold but only had to search for help on a couple of levels. Nice length.

[Post New]by midnightrizer on Nov 16, 10 1:08 PM
tcru671730 wrote:i just played and it keeps saying you have 1 miller left what is that.

It means you need one more miller.

Go to: