Re:Post any Farmers Market technical issues here only

[Post New]by kcsaysnee on Sep 20, 10 8:05 PM
Jenc272 wrote:I keep getting this error: Access violation at 0x02DEEFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated.

I deleted it, and re-downloaded it, and I know that my DirectX is the latest, cause I updated it a few days ago.

I am running Windows 7.

After days of troubleshooting I have finally found the problem. The problem, is that somehow the BFG launcher is messing up the game. Here is how you bypass their launcher:

Go to C:\Program Files\Farmers Market\
Turn on show hidden files, because the FarmersMarket executable is hidden.
You should now be able to see FarmersMarket.exe.
Make a copy of this exe and paste it back into the same folder, you should now have a FarmersMarket - Copy.exe
Now create a shortcut to this copied exe on your desktop (or wherever).
Use this shortcut to launch the game. Enjoy!

EDIT: Moderators - If I can post a DXDIAG or something that would help your folks troubleshoot the launcher, let me know please.

Edited on 09/20/2010 at 8:13:06 PM PST

Jenc272
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Jenc272 on Sep 22, 10 7:34 PM
kcsaysnee wrote:
Jenc272 wrote:I keep getting this error: Access violation at 0x02DEEFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated.

I deleted it, and re-downloaded it, and I know that my DirectX is the latest, cause I updated it a few days ago.

I am running Windows 7.

After days of troubleshooting I have finally found the problem. The problem, is that somehow the BFG launcher is messing up the game. Here is how you bypass their launcher:

Make a copy of this exe and paste it back into the same folder, you should now have a FarmersMarket - Copy.exe

EDIT: Moderators - If I can post a DXDIAG or something that would help your folks troubleshoot the launcher, let me know please.

That worked for me. Thanks kcsaysnee!

[Post New]by Silvanus on Sep 23, 10 12:29 PM
kcsaysnee wrote:

It worked for me too. Thanks!

[Post New]by dmh760 on Sep 25, 10 11:15 PM
I am on level 32. After completing all tasks another task came up to have 3 Berry Farmers. I already had two sweets farmers upgraded to Berry Farmer. I built a third sweets farmer and upgraded to Berry, but the game did not recognize it and kept saying "1 more left". I then ran out of time. Am I doing something wrong?

Ratatouille
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Ratatouille on Sep 27, 10 12:52 PM
kcsaysnee wrote:Now create a shortcut to this copied exe on your desktop (or wherever).
Use this shortcut to launch the game

Worked for me with another game I had this problem with too (had no problem with Farmers Market though), but I'm wondering if this will work with the registered version as well? Is the game going to see it's been registered without the Game Manager, and not time out after 60 minutes?

Thank you.

PS: I have this very problem with the new Roads of Rome game -- and same solution working for it.

Edited on 09/27/2010 at 1:20:44 PM PST

[Post New]by Strangest1 on Oct 6, 10 7:31 PM
RElliott4 wrote:On level 38 I get to the same point every time. Everything is sold (waffles and pies), I've made the money, but I can't get 20 customers. It stops at nineteen every time. I've retried and added new vendors, famers, bandstand, judged everything--doesn't matter.
EDIT: Apologies. After many different applied strategies, I finally got this level to work.

Well, can you please please tell me how you solved this vexing problem? I'm at the same level and I can't get that last customer. It makes no sense. And I like this game, but now I'm just stuck. thanks for any help.

[Post New]by littlemamam on Oct 6, 10 9:00 PM
Strangest1 wrote:
RElliott4 wrote:On level 38 I get to the same point every time. Everything is sold (waffles and pies), I've made the money, but I can't get 20 customers. It stops at nineteen every time. I've retried and added new vendors, famers, bandstand, judged everything--doesn't matter.
EDIT: Apologies. After many different applied strategies, I finally got this level to work.

Well, can you please please tell me how you solved this vexing problem? I'm at the same level and I can't get that last customer. It makes no sense. And I like this game, but now I'm just stuck. thanks for any help.

Use two bandstands

Edited on 10/06/2010 at 9:05:11 PM PST

[Post New]by littlemamam on Oct 6, 10 9:20 PM
I've attempted to pass the same point in the game three times now and at the same point in the game Windows 7 is telling me DEP feature has closed the game for trying to run code from memory in an incorrect way. Is there a DEP compatible update?

[Post New]by WCrimmins on Oct 7, 10 2:13 PM
On Level 38 you cannot get enough "reached customers" I can get all but one and I have tons of customers. I have played the level 5-6 times and cannot get past it because it is not tracking all my customers. I tried the "2 Bandstands" trick and it did nothing

Edited on 10/07/2010 at 2:21:07 PM PST

[Post New]by Strangest1 on Oct 7, 10 4:27 PM
littlemamam wrote:
Strangest1 wrote:

Use two bandstands

thanks for advice. I will try it!

[Post New]by Strangest1 on Oct 7, 10 6:35 PM
Thanks little mamam, that worked perfectly!

Strangest1 wrote:
littlemamam wrote:
Strangest1 wrote:

Use two bandstands

thanks for advice. I will try it!

Problems with Game Saving

[Post New]by ScorpioMLS on Oct 8, 10 12:45 AM
Is anyone else having problems with the Farmer's Market game not saving? When I quit the game and then try to play it again, my previous game progress is completely gone and I have to start all over again at level 1. Does anyone have ideas about what is going on?

[Post New]by kaylaylee on Nov 5, 10 3:47 PM
Try restarting your computer, if you are on a mac, repair permissions. For some reason that worked for me on the same problem but a different game...

[Post New]by gillianchansam on Dec 23, 10 5:07 PM
stanliness wrote:I hardly got started when I clicked on something and the whole thing crashed. Oh, well.

I got the same problem. And then windows says my system has just recovered from a serious error. Ive tried it twice- deleted it and reinstalled it - downloaded the latest DirectX - no luck. My computer has Windows XP.

[Post New]by prella2566 on May 26, 11 3:54 PM
I'm having trouble with the game saving also. I've played it 3 times and each time I have to start over. Please help it's very annoying losing all my progress.

[Post New]by bittersweet5804 on Jul 3, 11 10:47 AM
I have had this game for a while. Whenever I close the game out and start it back up it is like I never played past level 7. I was well past level 15 today and when I started it back up today I was back at level 7. I like this game but it is fustrating to make progress only for it to not exisit.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 24, 14 10:31 PM
WHAT IS GOING ON?!? Every single game I try to play lately from BFG is giving me trouble with cursors.
If we were able to post links here in the forums I would show you that there's quite a surprising number of links that come up related to Big Fish games & invisible cursors, or disappearing cursor. I cant get it to show at all, and on this as well as 5 or 6 other games in the very recent past, I had to just kind of improvise my way to the exit button.

USUALLY removing the option for custom cursor is what fixes the issue. However just this week only, that hasn't worked for every game I've encountered this issue in! I'm so so terribly annoyed and I am only posting here because I'm even more tired of contacting customer service.

If you or someone you love suffers from the malady known as No Cursor Syndrome & it is happening solely on your Big Fish titles, please let me know if you have any solutions or advice or even if you don't, but just have the same thing!

Its not happening on my non-BF games.

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on May 4, 14 9:14 PM
I've played through this game at least twice with no problems, but this time I ran into the following:

On the level where you get an "additional" (i.e., not visible at the beginning) goal to have 3 strawberry stands...I think around lvl 41 or 42. I had two strawberry stands already up, but they did not register. I built a third one and only got credit for one of three. I tried taking down the "strawberry" portion of both other stands, then re-building them, and it still only registered that I had 1 of three. I'm sure the easiest solution is to not add any strawberries until the goal shows up, but it's definitely a bug.

Go to: