minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Build It Green: Back to the Beach

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Sep 25, 10 11:00 AM
I am normally a huge fan of TM games but i doubt that i will buy this one. I tried it on the timed levels as this is what i prefer and found that after the initial training levels it got much harder and on some levels impossible to complete! I enjoy a bit of a challenge but i seemed to really struggle on some levels, having to replay a few. I may have another go on the relaxed levels and see how that works out

kimberph
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by kimberph on Sep 25, 10 2:31 PM
Gemcats wrote: Am I the only one that gets a bit uhmm upset with the long loading time for each level?

You are definitely not the only one. I considered buying this thinking that would get shorter when I got out of the tutorial. It didn't. Too annoying for me.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Sep 29, 10 5:44 PM
I purchased this game and it would be 5 star if it weren't for the numerous weather mishaps that you have to repair constantly. I mean a tornado hits a house 4 times in one level over and over again and then another house floods while another keeps catching on fire? I mean forget about playing in the timed mode because you can't do it.

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 5:45:56 PM PST

popcorn_20000
Marlin
Marlin
8,219 Posts

[Post New]by popcorn_20000 on Oct 9, 10 7:24 PM
I have been playing this game slowly over the past week, having enjoyed similar games, I brought and d/l with no hesitation.
I have had problems with the barrel minigame and the steel houses been out of order, but otherwise no other issues.
The graphics are on par with these types of games, can not comment on the sound as I have it switched off.
I am up to the last couple of levels and have been playing in timed mode only. There were some levels I would have to replay after running out of time, I would rate it harder then the first one and like the fact that there is the option to play without the timer, dont really see the point in the cheats because they can not be used till after you've completed the game 100% for the first time and I'm not the type of person to replay my games so the cheats serve no real purpose.

Overall I have found it an interesting game and would give it a

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Oct 20, 10 1:15 PM
I thought the game was ok, but not great. Like the theme & the music. Load time between levels is long & the annoying helper woman gets in the way. Would have liked when buildings are upgraded to have a star or something so I know I've already upgraded it. Similarly, couldn't always tell when a building needed repair when it just had a kind of cloud over it. Not a buy for me though I would probably get it as a DD.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Oct 24, 10 2:21 PM
Ihave finished the normal timed mode with no real problems but forget the challenge mode - one level you start with $1000, three old houses and 300 materials and in 16 days have to get $50,000 - forget it - it takes until Day 7 before you can get the rent up to $2000 odd dollars and of course every building gets damaged - with at least one damaged building on every day if not more.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Dec 11, 10 1:26 AM
Excellent game for those of us who aren't super fast TM players, but enjoy them none the less. Lasts a long time too.

I used my eco points to buy cheats - first one to buy, NO MORE HAZARDS, made the game MUCH easier. I chose free district upgrades and free materials as well. Finished most levels in just over half the time but it became too easy really.

Edited on 04/06/2011 at 5:32:32 PM PST

walkers
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by walkers on Feb 7, 11 11:38 AM
I hate the "accidents" that happen. The house I was building wasn't even started and it was on fire. I couldn't fix it till it was built Some of the levels are great but some of them are very repetitive. Going to save my final opinion till I've played the whole game but so far I'm not enjoying it very much

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Feb 23, 12 9:13 AM
Review based on non-cheated timed mode.

This game is the follow up to Plan it green. Instead of a town this time you **** a whole island. Again, there are different districts to improve from existing pollution to bring in tourists and make inhabitants happy. In addition to that you learn a little bit how to live greener yourself - a very important point, especially for countries who put economy in front of ecology.

Differences to the first game:

- Finishing levels in timed mode nets you coins, which can be used for cheats that make the game easier or even more difficult.

- Catastrophes like floods or hurricanes that have to make you repair your buildings (unnerving!).

- Buildings do not carry over to the next level. (I liked the old version better.)

Bottom Line: The intent of the game was well meant and is important, however, in my opinion the first game was better than this.

scorpio42
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by scorpio42 on Apr 23, 14 5:01 PM
~~~ SPOILER ALERT ~~~

I definitely prefer the Plan it Green over this one!

I made a huge mistake of buying this game after having tried it out w/o too much problem with needed repairs to various structures ... Boy what a disappointment.

For me, the TIMED in-between mini games are a real turn off!

Also being constantly interrupted by the "Guide" during each Level that I'm on doesn't cut it for me either!

The continual FLOODS - TORNADOES - FIRES to any/and all structures takes away from the FUN for me!

And what is the purpose of burdening us players with POWER CUTS on every Level when you're press for money and materials to meet whatever task(s) needed to be done on each Level?

All in all, this IS NOT one of Nat Geo's better ideas for their Plan it Green follow-up!

Go to: