peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 17, 10 12:54 AM
kimnick wrote:Wont open for me either. Once again wasted internet credit I can ill afford.
Sorry if I am being obvious, but did you not trial it first?

Vixen63
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Vixen63 on Sep 17, 10 1:03 AM
tinkz2007 wrote:
walcroft wrote:i have downloaded it but every time i go to play it shuts itself down HELP

Im having same problem

Ditto Ditto Ditto

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on Sep 17, 10 1:04 AM
The hint button needs a long time till it can be used. It's ready when you see the eyes of the owl becoming green

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

[Post New]by Cordia on Sep 17, 10 1:05 AM
peglegann wrote:
kimnick wrote:Wont open for me either. Once again wasted internet credit I can ill afford.

On some internet plans, there is a limited amount of bandwidth a user can use. Downloading costs bandwidth. (I don't know for sure that's what Kimnick was talking about, just throwing that info out there.)

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 17, 10 1:12 AM
Robilyn wrote:I can't get the hint button to work, in the first hidden object game, What is up with that?
Hi. The hint button seems to work for the rest of the game, it appears to be the first HOG scene only. Hope this helps

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Sep 17, 10 1:14 AM
I have been on the first HOG for 30 minutes. The hint should have filled up by then, don't you think?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 17, 10 1:16 AM
Cordia wrote:
peglegann wrote:

On some internet plans, there is a limited amount of bandwidth a user can use. Downloading costs bandwidth. (I don't know for sure that's what Kimnick was talking about, just throwing that info out there.)
Thanks Cordia. I am stupid, did not think of that. Sorry Kim

jerimeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jerimeri on Sep 17, 10 1:23 AM
Won't open for me either. Hope BFG has this fixed shortly.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on Sep 17, 10 1:24 AM
galphimia wrote:The hint button needs a long time till it can be used. It's ready when you see the eyes of the owl becoming green

In casual mode it recharges fairly fast but for some of us it just does not work at all in the first HOG scene.
Dr.good

Angel369
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Angel369 on Sep 17, 10 1:39 AM
Olliesgirl wrote:Ditto all ! Really disappointing, sat down to play and just kept closing !!!! Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh it's happening to me too should have known something was up when I decided to check out the length of the game on the walkthrough and was directed to a totally random place n it's just the type of game I love as well...while I'm here just wondered if anyone was still having probs with the 'witches prison 'game bought it after reading that the glitches had been mended (and yes I did uninstall and re-download ) but it still runs REALLY slowly but I'm sticking with it happy gaming everyone

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 17, 10 1:40 AM
The game opened okay and the hint does not fill until completing the first hidden object scene. I have played 25 minutes and will probably purchase if there is a walkthrough. I clicked on the walkthrough link on the game download page but it came up blank. Waiting for download and then will purchase.

I am running Vista on a Dell Studio laptop that is about a year old. Everything is up-to-date on my computer and the game is running smoothly. I am playing in "casual" mode.

magilligan
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by magilligan on Sep 17, 10 1:48 AM
Same problems, and this is just the demo. What is happening BFG never used to have all these problems with your games !!!!. I really would like to play this game my favourite type of game but I will not waste any more money on games till I know I can play them.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Sep 17, 10 1:50 AM
The game plays fine for me

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Sep 17, 10 1:58 AM
There are a lot of Technical Issues problems being posted in this thread - please, post them in the Technical Issues thread, as peglegann mentioned, so they get noticed. Things like the game shutting down and hint system not working need to be mentioned there, both so the techies can know right away if there is a problem and so that the other little fishies in the pond can check right away if the problem they are having is one that is common with other users. Posting them in other threads means they probably won't get noticed by anyone who can do anything about the problem. Of course, for serious problems like the game shutting down the best thing to do is contact Customer Support by clicking on "We're Here to Help!" in the right margin.

So far, I've had no problems, and I plan on buying this interesting game. For those having problems with the hint not working, is that all the time, or in the actual "here's a list, find these things" areas? In a lot of iHOG games like this one, the hints only work when you are in an actual hidden object area, and the rest of the time, like the opening where you need to get into the front door or when you need to get into the next room, it doesn't work. For me, it doesn't work when I am in the interactive areas but works just fine in the hidden object scenes. It is a bit annoying that it needs to recharge from zero even if you didn't use a hint in the last scene, but by the time I got down to the one item I couldn't find, it had the time to charge.

Edited on 09/17/2010 at 2:00:48 AM PST

Tabbitha53
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by Tabbitha53 on Sep 17, 10 1:59 AM
Well after a longggggggggg install.,when I click 'play now' screen just opens then closes itself

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Sep 17, 10 2:00 AM
peglegann wrote:

You have to download it first to trial it.

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Sep 17, 10 2:18 AM
Played well into the 2nd chapter before demo time ran out. Will wait for walkthrough to start before deciding for sure or wether or not to buy. Want to know just how many chapters is in the game first. Didn`t find any problems at all with the demo. Did think the hidden object scenes to be a bit full of garbage and some items a bit small but managed through with using only one hint. And it seems it does take forever for the hint button to reload. Found most scenes quite crisp and so far no dark areas that you can`t make out. Enjoyed the theme of the game, and story line so far held my attention. Voice of characters did not seem at all anoying and music was ok. But will wait till I find out just how long the actual game is. Looks so far to be a buy.

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Sep 17, 10 2:27 AM
This could have been a great game. Every time you want to play you have to wait for the starting movie because you cant skip it. And why dont the hint button work in the first puzzle?
The art looks great and I really like the voices.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Sep 17, 10 3:10 AM
I'm loving this game. It downloaded and ran fine! But as I said in a separate post, there is a glitch with the clock in the hall. Any inventory item you go to use, if not the right one disappears.
So, my inventory tray is empty. I kept trying to see if it would swallow up everything, and it did :-(
So, got to restart game all over again.
If any of you read this, only use what the clock really needs (which to date I have no idea which items they are)!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 17, 10 4:22 AM
Belamba, see my answer on your special thread.

Go to: