AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:New version available for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - September 18th 2010

[Post New]by AmberKB on Sep 18, 10 7:45 PM
LIES!

I just re-downloaded and re-installed the game, and guess what? It STILL crashes at the BFG logo!

Re:New version available for Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White - September 18th 2010

[Post New]by annpepper on Sep 18, 10 8:42 PM
Thank you BF. It works now!

jocarl17
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jocarl17 on Sep 18, 10 9:11 PM
litllulu wrote:I am having trouble downloading Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White it downloads but during the installing process, my antivirus program tells me that it has a virus.

I also had my Norton come up with a message that my Live update was not working right and I would have to uninstall Norton and reinstall. That made me very nervous. I liked what I got to play of the game but it is way too much trouble. It kept flashing back to the game manager and the hints didn't work.

Let me know when it is really fixed and really safe from viruses and anything else.

Edited on 09/18/2010 at 9:16:06 PM PST

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Sep 18, 10 9:39 PM
Sorry but the "new" version doesn't address anything. It is still hard to get it to start and freezes throughout the game and at the beginning screen. Also, you haven't addressed the problem with the game not bringing you back to the place you were when you quit playing. This is the worst game for problems I've ever played. I'm truly sorry I wasted money on it.

Edited on 09/18/2010 at 9:41:06 PM PST

tazkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tazkat on Sep 18, 10 10:15 PM
i bnought the game & when i went back to it the screen is white except for some things that show. very very weird.. may want my refund too.. & i installed the so called new version.. come on BFG

SPIRIT59
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by SPIRIT59 on Sep 18, 10 10:30 PM
Well at least some of you get to see something of the game !, I can't even get passed the BFG splash, before it shuts down/crashes...I have tried everything suggested and I mean everything ...several times !
I even tried to send in a support ticket and get nowhere. After filling out all the required info and attaching Dr.Felix it goes absolutely nowhere...cant get it to send anything! and when I attached the Dr.Felix file an error page pops up saying--"The file could not be successfully uploaded. Either the file was too large, or the path to the file was incorrect." , So I ask Now what?, But I'm going to be patient and wait and see if the issues ( support ticket included) are ever resovled

Edited on 09/18/2010 at 10:32:20 PM PST

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Sep 18, 10 10:37 PM
Developers, you KNOW better than to mess with the fishies. I'm not gonna even demo it due to poor reviews.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 18, 10 10:56 PM
I did the manual search for updates as instructed - and it didn't find one for this game. I am almost at the end of the game and my inventory is gone! I have no hammer to use in the secret tunnel. Now what???

Edited on 09/18/2010 at 10:57:36 PM PST

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Sep 18, 10 11:40 PM
I don't have any update message on my manager either. So I uninstalled, and re-installed for the umpteenth time, and same problems. Crash!

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Sep 19, 10 12:57 AM
Looks like i'm going to miss out on this game. After having problems the first time I am not going to waste my internet credit on a large file game only to find out it still doesnt work. Very disappointing especially after I have recommended this sites to a few friends. Please Big Fish please make sure the developers are one trillion percent sure the games work before releasing it to us. After saying all that I will be sticking with your because most of the time your pretty good,

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Sep 19, 10 1:02 AM
litllulu wrote:I am having trouble downloading Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White it downloads but during the installing process, my antivirus program tells me that it has a virus.

Pretty much the same thing except the game downloaded but when I went to start it, an error 13 came up, access denied and then it said this page (referring to the game manager page when you normally exit a game and shows where it asks if you want to continue playing, get tips from the forum or buy) contains directx that may be unsafe, indicating a threat to my computer.....that was scary.....I don't know if this can be fixed I have never, ever had this problem before and all my other games run fine.....hmmmmmm.....

Edited on 09/19/2010 at 1:03:38 AM PST

Torbjorg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Torbjorg on Sep 19, 10 1:35 AM
No game update to be found for me. i give up this game. And im checking the forums next time, before i download any games from you guys.

kayjay97
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by kayjay97 on Sep 19, 10 1:44 AM
No game update for me either. I am still back at the house with no way to get back to the asylum

[Post New]by anntheidiot1 on Sep 19, 10 3:59 AM
mrs82nd wrote:Still can't get to the gazebo. Very frustrating. Can I get a refund?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 19, 10 4:02 AM
Because of all those problems a lot of players seemed to have with the first version, I didn't even download the demo and thought I'd better wait for an updated version.
Today I saw more complaints with the new version, but decided to download the game anyway (I usually don't have any problems with games at all).

And I am so glad I did download it. What a beautiful game. Lovely graphics (except for some of the Hidden Objects scenes - the gazebo graphics weren't nice), and I love the gameplay.

And if not so many people here had mentioned the 'mane' and how difficult it seemed to get the right object, I would have clicked on the right one straight away, but didn't because I thought it must be something else altogether, which it wasn't. LOL

I don't have any problems with the Hint button - worked for me right away in the first scene. I never listen to the music anyway, so can't comment on that. And the 'click' sound you hear when you pick up objects didn't bother me - not much different from the sound other games make.

Also, I checked whether the game saves after I exit, and it did. I got back into the game and came back exactly where I had left off.
I made it in the demo to the lake which is just after the gazebo, and will definitely buy this game.

[Post New]by anntheidiot1 on Sep 19, 10 4:05 AM
I too made the error of purchsing this game have managed to get as far as the graveyard but cannot exit through the gate any help out there?

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Sep 19, 10 4:49 AM
ok I thought I was a little harsh earlier and decided to chance it. BIG MISTAKE
same problem as before game shuts down before it even starts. I give up

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Sep 19, 10 5:18 AM
SPIRIT59 wrote: Well at least some of you get to see something of the game !, I can't even get passed the BFG splash, before it shuts down/crashes...I have tried everything suggested and I mean everything ...several times !
I even tried to send in a support ticket and get nowhere. After filling out all the required info and attaching Dr.Felix it goes absolutely nowhere...cant get it to send anything! and when I attached the Dr.Felix file an error page pops up saying--"The file could not be successfully uploaded. Either the file was too large, or the path to the file was incorrect." , So I ask Now what?, But I'm going to be patient and wait and see if the issues ( support ticket included) are ever resovled

I am having the same problem - word for word! BFG have a LOT of very upset fishies out here! They've let themselves down really badly on this one.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Sep 19, 10 5:19 AM
I have also checked for updates on game manager...and it says there isnt any (for any games) now what?

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Sep 19, 10 5:29 AM
Enough already! I downloaded the new version. Apparently the issues have not been resolved. It still puts me back at the beginning when I quite . No way to get back to to where I was. I would hope a real solution can be found or I and everyone else who still have the problems get a refund. Big Fish...us fishies in the pond are very unhappy.
Toni

Go to: