Re:Post any Victorian Mysteries: Woman in White technical issues here only

[Post New]by cluekitty on Sep 18, 10 4:32 PM
I made it all the way to the labyrinth in the 2nd house, I exited the game for about a half hour and came back only to find I am in front of the first house with the lions again. All of my inventory and journal notes are still there, I just can't get back to the labyrinth.

jude12301
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by jude12301 on Sep 18, 10 5:34 PM
Game shuts down after Big Fish logo page. Will not open

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Sep 18, 10 5:38 PM
Cromaxgal wrote:I got all the way to the gazebo, then closed the game and now today can't get back to the gazebo without starting over. You were originally suppose to be able to go into the bedroom and out the window, but now it won't let you. So do I have to start over?

THIS! Plus it being slower than molasses and the clue being waaaay too long to reload. I guess I've been spoiled by the last couple of great games. This one, not so much.

[Post New]by Lharris338 on Sep 18, 10 5:53 PM
i also logged off and came back only to find my game was not saved. going to try uninstalling and reinstalling Hope this works but i'm not sure it will.

KatzHome
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by KatzHome on Sep 18, 10 6:01 PM
I downloaded the game this morning, September 18th, and the game played fine until I exited the game ~ I was almost at the end... When I went in to play again ~ same thing happened ~ I was brought to the beginning of the game ~ dropped off at the front stair entrance ~ whit nothing I could do and no way to get back to where I was in the game ~ I was at the asylum....

terih
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by terih on Sep 18, 10 6:46 PM
I quit the game in the asylum also, when I started it back up... I was at the front door (beginning of the game) no way to get back where I was! Any one else having this problem on a Mac? This is too frustrating!

[Post New]by pharfals on Sep 18, 10 7:09 PM
Well I've just about had it with you guys.This is the fourth game this summer you have managed to mess up.At first the game plays,then when I go back to get an item I didn't see it says I'm done there.So I un-install and re-install the game and now it won't even load.Don't even tell me to go to your help pages,or live chat cause its no help at all. Who tests your games,the clinically insane? And don't even tell me to send you a Dr Felix file,he couldn't cure a cold.For all the complaints on these games,I would think things should improve,but noooooo.

Glasscats
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Lost gold dagger

[Post New]by Glasscats on Sep 18, 10 7:43 PM
I can't finish the door in the secret room....I have all the symbols, except the gold dagger. I clicked on it from the drawer, and it went into the inventory, then I accidentally clicked on it for the clock next to the trophy room, and it disappeared! I've shut the game down and started it back up, hoping it would magically appear, but no luck! I guess I'm stuck until an update or patch is available.

[Post New]by bjg555 on Sep 18, 10 7:46 PM
KatzHome wrote:I downloaded the game this morning, September 18th, and the game played fine until I exited the game ~ I was almost at the end... When I went in to play again ~ same thing happened ~ I was brought to the beginning of the game ~ dropped off at the front stair entrance ~ whit nothing I could do and no way to get back to where I was in the game ~ I was at the asylum....

nascatpat
Clownfish
Clownfish
749 Posts

[Post New]by nascatpat on Sep 18, 10 7:52 PM
I have installed and uninstalled this game twice, and instead of opening it just tells me I have 60 minutes left and would I like to play again? I'd like to play it just once before I "play again"!

[Post New]by simplysusan on Sep 18, 10 8:24 PM
I was really enjoying this game...I was able to get through almost the entire thing before I ran into problems. I'm at the door with the moon, dager, skull and owl . I got the attic door hook down and the moon game piece disappeared. No matter what I've tried and where I've looked it's gone!! I hope I don't have to start this game over from the beginning. Is there a way to proceed without the moon piece or how do I retreive it from cyber space?

momsford
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by momsford on Sep 18, 10 10:07 PM
The clock "ate" my inventory !!! Don't tell me to uninstall, reinstall, update, etc...I've done everything short of buying a new computer. The game has several glitches, why won't Big Fish own up to it and fix it? Instead they like to tell us to send Dr Felix a message. Well here's a message....fix the freaking game or reimburse all of us who spent $6.99 to buy it and got screwed.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Sep 18, 10 10:42 PM
It seems every time we have an update to install to the Game Manager, things go awry. I am having the same problem as most other fishies - I hit "play now", get through to the BFG logo, and it brings me back to the page where hit says "You still have 60 minutes to play, do you want to play again?" It's just a big loop. I have uninstalled and installed twice - no luck. Will wait for the fix on this one.

And when did we have to constantly upgrade the Game Manager? In 3 years as a BFG member, I never had to do that until just recently - and now it seems it is every other week. Maybe that's the problem - Leave well enough alone!!

Peace anyway,
cg

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 18, 10 10:44 PM
I am furious!!!

While placing the weights on the clock, my hammer disappeared from my inventory list. Consequently when I got to the tunnel (at the end of the game) I was unable to go any further because I couldn't hit the brittle block.

I loved the game up til this point and saddened I won't be able to finish because of the disappearing hammer.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 18, 10 10:46 PM
momsford wrote:The clock "ate" my inventory !!! Don't tell me to uninstall, reinstall, update, etc...I've done everything short of buying a new computer. The game has several glitches, why won't Big Fish own up to it and fix it? Instead they like to tell us to send Dr Felix a message. Well here's a message....fix the freaking game or reimburse all of us who spent $6.99 to buy it and got screwed.

Same here! My hammer disappeared at the clock and I'm unable to finish the game. I was almost at the end of the game where you have to hit the concrete brittle block with the hammer in the tunnel. I want my money back!

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Sep 18, 10 10:47 PM
Downloaded for the second time - click "play now" screen flashes BFG Logo, blank then back to BFG logo - still not working. When I go to play again it tells me there is already a game running and then flicks back to BFG "play now" page - disappointing that I can even get the game open !! Have no such issues with Reincarnations : Uncover the Past - this is an awesome game !!

jscrafts
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by jscrafts on Sep 18, 10 10:53 PM
I just tonight, downloaded and installed this game. Upon starting to play I have the same problems as many others
Game shuts down after Big Fish logo page. Will not open.
Since so many of us is having that same problem, there has to be something wrong with the game and not our computers. We don't all have the same computer but we are all having the same problem.

This isn't the first game that I have had this problem with.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Sep 19, 10 1:07 AM
Thought I'd throw my hat in here. The first time it happened i thought it was my fault and i misclicked. Nope. Game shuts down immediately after BFG splash screen.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Sep 19, 10 5:08 AM
I'm having troubles too ...played the hour...was fishing just ready to get book ...hour up...went out of game ...brought....came back in game ...and I'm back at front door with the lions...been through the house ..every room tells me nothing to do here...go up to bedroom cant get out of the window...so no where to go

please fix soon.....as its looks like I'm not the only one having this problem ...

sigrid1
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by sigrid1 on Sep 19, 10 9:07 AM
Dear Bigfish;
You have all of our email addresses because we receive ads from you. How about sending us all an apology for driving us crazy and wasting our time with this game? You might want to to include a free game credit for all of us too. This page was 6 pages long a few days ago, now down to 2 pages. Seems an awful lot of us are having problems with this game and it's not the first time. You owe us an apology at the very least, along with an explanation. If you cared about us as customers, you'd at least post something to let us know what is happening and what you are doing about it. I've been on Bigfish for quite awhile. But I'm thinking about either going back to Gamehouse or just playing the free games on Facebook.

Does customer satisfaction matter to you?

Go to: