Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

Re:Post any Mole Control technical issues here only

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Sep 29, 10 3:07 PM
On first install I cancelled when asked to check for Direct X update. Got error 126 when tried to play the game so followed advice here at and uninstalled/reinstlled this time accepting the DirectX update.

That DirectX installation failed with the message 'A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid'.

The advice given various places online for that error seemed to involve a lot of tinkering with things that I am not prepared to tinker with. So I searched on here and got just one hit for a different game where a new version was eventually put out (http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/109518.page#2087690)

So could a mod please post and tell us whether the general errors with this game are being looked into. Usually I don't even try a game when I see a lot of posts saying that installation is riddled with problems but this one sounded worth trying. Very disappointed .

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 29, 10 4:47 PM
Hey Fishies,

It looks like a number of you are having issues with the Direct X and receiving similar error messages. If uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't work, please contact Tech Support with as much information as you can (including specific error messages) and they will be happy to help.

To get in touch with a rep, please click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 09/30/2010 at 5:11:22 PM PST

[Post New]by EccentricFlower on Oct 4, 10 12:18 PM
I get an access violation and abrupt exit pretty much every time I complete a level. I'm not tremendously concerned, since I only play one level at a time anyway, and it never seems to prevent the game from saving my place, but it's annoying.

Go to: