mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Sherlock Holmes VS Arsene Lupin

[Post New]by mcquigan on Oct 9, 10 6:33 AM
I bought this last summer; loved every minute of it! Great ending.

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Oct 9, 10 8:07 AM
I also totally missed this being released on here, but I LOVE this game. I got it for Christmas two years back and really enjoyed playing it, though I definitely had to consult a walkthrough more than once. (So don't buy it if you get frustrated really easily!) It's my favorite in the Sherlock Holmes series because it lacks the grislier elements of some of the others. If you've been wanting to try the series but were turned off by the occult elements in "The Awakened" or the gore in "Jack the Ripper" (which isn't available on Big Fish yet as far as I know), this is the one to go for!

Edited on 10/09/2010 at 12:56:27 PM PST

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Oct 9, 10 8:27 AM
I also love this type of game. I did not realize it was availabe until today. This game should keep up occupied the next 4 or 5 days. I love to solve puzzles on my own.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Oct 9, 10 8:51 AM
The game was listed in the "Daily Game Splash" email. That i got today

OCT 10th, 2010

So, I thought that I would come here and ck it out..

THANKS for the reviews..

Happy Gaming

PEN

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Oct 9, 10 9:52 AM
Thanks Fishies. As a Sherlock Holmes fan I was about to but this game even without a trial. Fortunately you mentioned that it was a first person 360 game. I can't play them. Thanks for the heads up.

lidaviola
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lidaviola on Oct 9, 10 10:06 AM
I just got an e mail this week from BFG telling me about this. Surprised no one else got one, even though it was released in 2009. Have not bought it yet, was reading forum, before I decide. Looks like I am going to have to.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 9, 10 10:09 AM
lidaviola wrote:I just got an e mail this week from BFG telling me about this. Surprised no one else got one, even though it was released in 2009. Have not bought it yet, was reading forum, before I decide. Looks like I am going to have to.
BFG release was 23rd September but it wasn't announced at the time.

[Post New]by LEDOLL1 on Oct 9, 10 10:21 AM
HI ALL, what does a first person 360 game mean?

Thanks!

[Post New]by questzone on Oct 9, 10 10:38 AM
Can you switch from 1st person view to 3d person?

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Oct 9, 10 11:23 AM
questzone wrote:Can you switch from 1st person view to 3d person?

Yes you can questzone. right click your mouse, on the far left at the bottom is an old fashioned camera. Click on that to change from 1st person to 3rd person view. I am not a 360 degree fan either so I am happy I can play the game in 3rd person view.

Ledoll - first person 360 means you play as if you are the main character. You can look up, down and all around - some like that but for others it can make them feel dizzy or feel sick.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Oct 9, 10 12:25 PM
I appreciate all the great comments. Is there an "order" in which to play the Sherlock Holmes games? After reading some of the comments, I just downloaded "The Awakened". Can't find "Jack the Ripper" on BF, so will have to search for it elsewhere. I'll definitely be downloading "Arsene Lupin" in a minute. Just want to know if you have a playing order preference. Will playing them out of order be a spoiler?

I LOVE large file games, but do struggle a bit with 360, makes me a little dizzy. I'm still playing "Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy" but need breaks from it, I'll finish it eventually... I like that you can pick your mode of play on this one: 1st person VS 3rd...

I invite all opinions! Thanks!

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Oct 9, 10 1:06 PM
I think you can play the games in any order--this was the first one I played, then I went back and did Silver Earring, then The Awakened, and then Jack the Ripper when it was released last year. I don't remember anything being spoiled because I played them out of order!

I do remember now that I think Frogwares revamped this game to make it a little easier to play and to make the controls different based on player feedback (including both 1st and 3rd person perspective, for example), so this version of the game is probably the remastered one and not exactly the one I played a few years back. The improvements they made sounded like good ones, though, so I would still recommend it!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 9, 10 1:27 PM
There is an order for the last three, as there are references, but the games' plots don't follow on.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Oct 9, 10 2:02 PM
Thanks Bronte311! I just purchased Jack the Ripper from Frogwares and am downloading it now... very slow process. BF has it hands down with the game manager!! I like to "line up" my games before I play them. Generally, once I start a series of something I like to have everything in order. Spent a few hours researching the Sherlock series, and know I'm going to have a good experience with all the input from this thread. Thanks everyone!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Oct 9, 10 2:04 PM
Mr. Russ - thanks for your comment. I don't mind a reference, but can't handle a spoiler!!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Oct 9, 10 2:12 PM
Darkdiscipline1313 - I agree. As much as I like 360, it doesn't like me back and can be very harmful to epileptics. A warning would be a VERY good thing, a great customer service offering. Hope they take heed.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 9, 10 2:30 PM
Cobweb55 wrote:Mr. Russ - thanks for your comment. I don't mind a reference, but can't handle a spoiler!!
I'm not sure I understand you. I'm talking about within the game itself. There is a newspaper article in The Awakened for example.

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by nancehere on Oct 9, 10 6:23 PM
All the positive comments have me really enthused about this large file game. I do enjoy Sherlock games. I hadn't planned on purchasing as I already have a glut of purchased and unfinished large file games. Oh whoa, decisions, decisions BTW, I found this game listed on the BF site main page in the "Today's New Releases" column and also in my splash email.

[Post New]by LEDOLL1 on Oct 9, 10 8:31 PM
thank you, Ms Freddie!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Oct 10, 10 7:35 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
Cobweb55 wrote:Mr. Russ - thanks for your comment. I don't mind a reference, but can't handle a spoiler!!
I'm not sure I understand you. I'm talking about within the game itself. There is a newspaper article in The Awakened for example.

i'm sure that's quite comparable to the little things in the nancy drew games... like all the wonderful things krolmeister can bring us! and all those koko kringle bars!

i love internal game references because it feels like an inside joke that i'm actually in on...

now i'm going to see what this lupin fellow has to offer... i love a good challenge!

Go to: