AddieT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:SPOILERS - Only read if you've COMPLETED the game!!!

[Post New]by AddieT on Sep 28, 10 10:06 AM
I think the bonus chapter character was the doctor from the wrecked cruise ship whose cell phone we looked at in the actual game. And the ship that came to rescue him was the one we explored at the end of the game. I had the cut scenes from the bonus chapter and they really didn't explain much.

I deciphered that "Angel," the girl we were searching for tried to kill our hero, but I am lost as to why.

I feel there were a lot of loose ends left to be tied up here that weren't. Like the lady bricked up into her own room. Openings for more stories/games or just unanswered questions to drive me nuts?

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Sep 29, 10 11:22 AM
1. The plot of this game is totally stupid, to say the least. I was able to finish the game with no problems, then got the blank cut scene after the bonus chapter.

2. BF answered my emails and told me what the cut scene was, but I'm not sure it was the right one. I think they told me the cut scene to the last of the main game, not the bonus chapter - arg!

3. Another lesson learned. DO NOT buy games before you try them out - especially if they're a CE version! Bad Nana!

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Sep 30, 10 10:53 AM
I'm going to be optimistic here and say that the loose ends are intentional because there will be another in the series...maybe the next game will show why Angel tried to kill the hero? I'm a sucker for a good cliffhanger (as long as it gets answered eventually!)!!

kckvic
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by kckvic on Oct 2, 10 6:47 PM
if you played the bonus game, there was an area in a foggy park that on one of the benches was a book titled "twisted lands, insomnia" with some artwork from the sequel........

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 3, 10 7:11 AM
Ah, I found that artwork book, but was confused about the contents. I thought it contains ideas that didn't make it into the final game or something.
I had all cutscenes in the main game and the bonus chapter and it is still not clear what happened.
The cutscenes show Angel attack him all of a sudden. This does not make sense to me unless she IS part of the cult there. And then: Why did she crash the boat and let herself be taken away afterwards? This does not fit into the "part of the cult" theory very well... I don't have an answer here. ^^

The bonus chapter seems to be indeed a prequel and shows how the ship was "lured" into its doom. I have no idea which character you play there, though. How did you guess it was the doctor?

Edited on 10/03/2010 at 7:12:31 AM PST

[Post New]by OregonPandora on Oct 3, 10 7:35 AM
Remember earlier in the game he finds a snapshot of him and his sister. That led me to believe he was from the island. As they show the cutscenes when they are in the boat at the end, you see scales appearing on his neck/face and she stabs him.. I guess I figured he was a zombie with amnesia or something. I don't think that was him in the bonus game. Or if it was it was before he became a zombie. It looked like the same boat to me to so I thought it was a prequel to story.

ScaniX
Clownfish
Clownfish
596 Posts

[Post New]by ScaniX on Oct 3, 10 9:09 AM
Ah, I forgot about that photograph. That "clue" came out of nowhere and was good for nothing, so I forgot it.
And I didn't realize the place on the photo was on the island, but it was the church, right?
So maybe his transformation started already after touching the snake figurine on the ship and she stabbed him because she noticed it?
Or maybe she just went nuts after seeing it. I think the husband of the imprisoned pregnant woman mentioned that she behaved strangely as well.
A lot of people started transforming (like on of the brothers from the lighthouse), but we don't know what starts it. Just being on/near the island? Touching those snake figurines?

[Post New]by new2BFG on Oct 6, 10 4:09 PM
I think the Mayor locked his wife in her room He said that she had been missing for a week. Pictures found in the zodiac room were of his wife and the handyman, along with a gun. Newspaper report said the handyman was shot many times. I think that the mayor thought there was something going on between them, bricked her up and shot him., and she became another disappearance and him an unsolved murder.

Libera13
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

SPOILERS - Only read if you've COMPLETED the game!!!

[Post New]by Libera13 on Oct 7, 10 9:56 AM
nixyseven wrote:
espozito wrote:
This is how i got it. She tried to kill him - he fell out the boat - blood got onto altar - god of the altar changed him into reptile - he got at the shore without knowing that he was changed and without any memory of what happened - so he goes for a search of his girl. At the end he remembered everything and saw himself in the reflection.

Oh. Um. Do we have any idea WHY she tried to kill him? Or are we just assuming she's an evil cow?

I just remembered! They had caught a snake artifact, hadn't they? And Angel touched it... Maybe she was contamined by evilness and decided to kill his boyfriend and feed him to the fish Kinda stupid, but it's the best we can get out of it.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 8, 10 10:59 AM
It certainly didn't help our understanding one little bit that the cut scene at the end of the bonus game just wasn't there - a black screen.

Perhaps that would have clarified some things!! I wonder, has anyone actually seen that final cut scene after he gets the lighthouse lit up to attract the British ship...? It has to be out there somewhere and I cannot believe the devs haven't fixed this majorly huge screw up!!!

I disagree with an earlier poster that the man in the bonus chapter was the doctor. We clearly (lol) saw that the doctor was a ghost in his cabin!!!

You don't suppose that when the British crew arrived to pick him up and saw he was zombie-reptile man, that they fled and left him on the island?? If this was how they ended this game it would clearly set up a sequel!

Anyone have any thoughts about this theory???

ETA: Did anyone but me start feeling sorry for the snake in the bag (upstairs in the mansion) - when it stopped hissing at me about the 20th time I stepped over it, I started feeling badly for him!!

Also - in the bonus chapter, I totally cracked up when the guy, who is fighting off zombie monsters and scrambling to get off of the island, says "Ew, I'm not going to sift through sand with my bare hands!!". ROFLOL I about died laughing.. I was like, okay prissy boy, we will find a scoop or something for you...

Edited on 10/08/2010 at 11:06:21 AM PST

[Post New]by Nikki31375 on Oct 8, 10 11:32 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:
ETA: Did anyone but me start feeling sorry for the snake in the bag (upstairs in the mansion) - when it stopped hissing at me about the 20th time I stepped over it, I started feeling badly for him!!

Also - in the bonus chapter, I totally cracked up when the guy, who is fighting off zombie monsters and scrambling to get off of the island, says "Ew, I'm not going to sift through sand with my bare hands!!". ROFLOL I about died laughing.. I was like, okay prissy boy, we will find a scoop or something for you...

Yes, I felt sorry for the snake!! I was wondering if I was just supposed to leave it there to suffocate in the bag... LOL! And yes, I also fell on the floor laughing that prissy boy didn't want to get his hands dirty! Too funny!

JKPHEP
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by JKPHEP on Oct 17, 10 6:43 PM
I think if everyone that got left out of the cut scenes should write in and let them know. I did. Haven't gotten a answer yet but hope to.

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Oct 18, 10 11:24 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:It certainly didn't help our understanding one little bit that the cut scene at the end of the bonus game just wasn't there - a black screen.

Perhaps that would have clarified some things!! I wonder, has anyone actually seen that final cut scene after he gets the lighthouse lit up to attract the British ship...? It has to be out there somewhere and I cannot believe the devs haven't fixed this majorly huge screw up!!!

I disagree with an earlier poster that the man in the bonus chapter was the doctor. We clearly (lol) saw that the doctor was a ghost in his cabin!!!

You don't suppose that when the British crew arrived to pick him up and saw he was zombie-reptile man, that they fled and left him on the island?? If this was how they ended this game it would clearly set up a sequel!

Anyone have any thoughts about this theory???

seahoney
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by seahoney on Oct 18, 10 11:29 PM

I had to laugh at the feeling sorry for the snake message. I for one also did want to just let the poor thing go.
What a weird ending I am so glad to see the rest of you fishies are almost as confused as I am. This was my first and most likely last CE too. I was left scratching my head thinking what the heck was that about? Such a pity!

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Oct 19, 10 8:50 PM
seahoney wrote:
I had to laugh at the feeling sorry for the snake message. I for one also did want to just let the poor thing go.
What a weird ending I am so glad to see the rest of you fishies are almost as confused as I am. This was my first and most likely last CE too. I was left scratching my head thinking what the heck was that about? Such a pity!

If the danged snake could tell me what happened, I'd GLADLY let it out of the bag! I was one of the ones who didn't have the cut scene. Though from the sound of it, it didn't help much either way.

[Post New]by susanleigh on Oct 21, 10 3:41 PM
The final cut scene in the bonus chapter just quickly showed the boat led by the lighthouse up to the dock. The End; not much help.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Oct 21, 10 7:04 PM
susanleigh wrote:The final cut scene in the bonus chapter just quickly showed the boat led by the lighthouse up to the dock. The End; not much help.

Thanks, Susan. I'm glad I didn't miss much. I spent quite awhile trying to fix the game with BF's suggestions, and without any luck. I've just given up and asked for a refund. And I WON'T be buying the sequel, unless there's some assurance that the darned thing will work!

Edited on 10/21/2010 at 7:04:56 PM PST

[Post New]by cbear2 on Oct 22, 10 11:03 AM
I actually ran through the bonus again to see if I could get the cut at the end ... what a disappointment! A break-through, a ship, then credits... what a waste of my time!

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this thread about the fog. Did everyone miss the book at the base of the stairs that talked about the trees producing this noxious poison in the form of fog? I tried to hold my breathe...

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Oct 24, 10 5:00 AM
cbear2 wrote:I actually ran through the bonus again to see if I could get the cut at the end ... what a disappointment! A break-through, a ship, then credits... what a waste of my time!

One thing I haven't seen mentioned in this thread about the fog. Did everyone miss the book at the base of the stairs that talked about the trees producing this noxious poison in the form of fog? I tried to hold my breathe...

Yeah, I thought about that too and the only "explanation" I could come up with -after the game was finished ) was that maybe the fog was posionous for "ordinary" people but not for reptilian zombies. I enjoyed the game -despite the constant to and fro- but there are too many loose ends and "clues" that lead nowhere. Maybe in teh sequel it will get cleared. Then again, seeing how this game was solved, I wouldn't bet my "scales" on it.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Oct 24, 10 2:14 PM
Having read through this thread I'm kinda glad I bought the SE instead of the CE. Still, when I finished the game I was dissatisfied to say the least and came here loking for answers. I got them-sort of. It's a relief to know that others had the same confusion regarding the story I did. I don't get On the other hand, if someone is going to pay more for more game I would think it would follow that along with the extra gameplay more details of the plot would be revealed. I'm not a big fan of horror novels so I haven't read any of Lovecraft's books. Therefore I would have no clue about plot lines. I have played other games based upon books I've read -Nora Robert's Vison in White and Ellen Byrrum's Hostile Makerover (I think... ) and they were pretty true to the book. I've played all of the Women's Murder Club games but have not read the books so I can't say about them.

Go to: