Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Sep 25, 10 8:38 AM
What a treat! I've always loved the WMC series and this one does not disappoint. Again, you play Lindsay, Claire & Cindy investigating a murder. This time it is about the death of a personal friend to Claire who had been investigating a cold case.

The graphics are outstanding - there is a new iHOG element to the game which is pretty intuitive & logical. The mini puzzles throughout the game are all very relevant to the storyline and what your character is doing at that moment - still original puzzles which is so refreshing given the lack of originality so often seen these days. This edition features voiceovers that are above average and believable; the story, while gripping, hasn't grabbed me with quite the same power as the earlier 3 of the series (then again, I'm only on investigation 2) yet is still quite good and is realistically played out .

It is also noteworthy that this appears to be the equivalent of a collector's edition - for the standard edition price! There is a built-in full strategy guide in the game; there are also wallpapers, soundtracks and "find all mode" that can be unlocked (I'd imagine after finishing the game in its entirety). My only complaint is concerning the strategy guide - while it is nice to have it available in the game, I did not like how upon it's introduction, you are immediately shown all the answers for the first scene! Or that clicking the flashlight for hints was opening the strategy guide initially. At some point in the early stages of the game, it changes to give you a simple hint instead but I'm of the frame of mind that a looking at a strategy guide for answers is a last resort. Sometimes I just want a subtle hint, not full spoilers. As said, it seems to sort itself out with time.

I would rate this game 4.5 out of 5 stars. Excellent game, high quality graphics, HOG scenes & puzzles and of course, it's the familiar characters we know & love.

Edited on 09/25/2010 at 8:42:50 AM PST

Four20
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for James Patterson Women's Murder Club: Little Black Lies

[Post New]by Four20 on Sep 25, 10 10:08 AM
This is a very nice game. Party on dudes!

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Sep 25, 10 10:12 AM
So glad they put the strategy guide in the SE! I had so much trouble in the beta test I said I wouldn't buy it without a strategy guide or a walkthrough, but I'm definitely in now. I just replayed all the older games this week, so I'm really looking forward to being able to do this one!

Lunarea
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Lunarea on Sep 25, 10 11:02 AM
This was a definite buy for me. I played through the full hour and completed 2 investigations.

The graphics are very lovely. The portraits and characters are painted, while the scenes are crisp. However, some of the objects/interactive areas are on the small side and there were a few instances where things blended into the background a little too much. The hint button recharges at a good speed, however. I didn't notice a click penalty.

The music was unobtrusive and fitting with the theme. There were some atmospheric sounds that helped enhance the scenes. The voice acting was very well-done and filled with personality.

In terms of gameplay, there is a much bigger element of adventure and puzzle solving. The minigames are very significant to the tasks and I didn't find them to be repetitive. There is a built-in strategy guide - what a great surprise! And there's also a journal that offers more general hints.

If you're a fan of mystery and looking for an interesting IHOG, this game's for you.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Sep 25, 10 11:18 AM
I loved the ones that preceded 'Little Black Lies' but this one definately upped the bar. Great mini-games, familiar characters, great 'new' storyline, beautiful clear graphics, could go on and on. Love the built in strategy guide and how easy to use it is (devs take note). Not sure if I will wait till October or just bite the bullet. This is a great way to spend a Saturday. Have fun everyone who purchased.

Vixen63
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Vixen63 on Sep 25, 10 12:17 PM
I really like all the WMC games. They do a good job of it. Love the built-in strategy guide in the notebook!

I haven't got far yet in the demo: The telescope search was well-done and fun. Movement between scenes was smooth and didn't lag. Graphics are nice and crisp.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Sep 25, 10 12:26 PM
I had to stop playing the demo. It's just too good and I already have 3 full punch cards. Yikes! So I am sitting on my hands until the 1st. I think. I might. Can I help myself. Not sure lol.
Not much of a review but a comment.
Great game. Better than the first one. Thank you BFG and developers.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Sep 25, 10 12:41 PM
It's a definite Buy for me.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 25, 10 12:50 PM
I think. I might. Can I help myself. Not sure lol.
Not much of a review but a comment.
LOL, biomix! No wonder (you can't write more) when you're sitting on your hands!

I'm waiting till next month also. Have gone back now to playing/finally finishing WMC-3, but this one is so much better in graphics and story and ...everything.
AND I appreciate it VERY much that there's a built-in Strategy guide - which is available in the demo already (in contrast to locked SGs in some newer CE-demos I could mention)!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Sep 25, 10 1:11 PM
Oh my. Not sure what to do...lol.
I played the demo and definitely will buy. The story has already got me hooked. Graphics are great, the HOGs reasonably challenging, mini games are similar to the last in the series but fun and the music seems unobtrusive.
On the down side I already have four credits on my punchcard and don't think I'll find enough good ones before the end of the month to warrant starting a 5th.
I'll have to see if I have the patience to wait.....darn. Really liked the way the story was playing out....
Can anyone "guesstimate" the length?

Gave in... Bought it.
This is hands down the best of the series so far.
Has "Find All" once you've played through the main game. Also a "flash back" additional level.
Very relaxing and enjoyable. If you like a good mystery this one will work for you.

Edited on 09/27/2010 at 2:59:32 PM PST

minkmoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by minkmoo on Sep 25, 10 1:18 PM
I hated the very first WMC game so haven't tried others until this one. I LOVE it and will get it first of the month. Not going to start a new punch card this close to month's end. Also, I love JP books in this series and Alex Cross. But I hated the Maximum Ride stuff.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 25, 10 1:22 PM
The graphics are well done. The gameplay is fun and challenging. Fortunately the hint button is on a timer and unlimited. The strategy guide is part of the game wihich is excellent. The storyline is interesting and pulls one into the game. I have read the books, watched the short-lived series and am pleased to see this game. I have to say this is alot of fun and cannot wait to purchase it.

This game is an A+.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Sep 25, 10 1:37 PM
LOVE IT! Great game, the graphics are easy on the eyes for finding objects, and a built in strategy guide! Bonus!

Luckily I only needed one more punch to fill up my card so I snatched this one up before my demo time was over. I would have bought it regardless but now I don't have to worry about either starting a new card or waiting till the 1st. A real AHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh moment for me.

I rate this a solid out of 5.

Kudos to BFG for giving us a real winner

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Sep 25, 10 2:47 PM
I love this game! Hidden object scenes are somewhat challenging, graphics are great as is the music. Love the story line. I just finished the demo and am definitely buying. It's been a while since there's been a great hidden object game, and I am so excited. Great first scenes, when you had to use the telescope to find the items - very imaginative. Like the fact that you're not penalized for clicking - unlike Goddess Chronicles!

stevieferr
Clownfish
Clownfish
770 Posts

[Post New]by stevieferr on Sep 25, 10 3:54 PM
not usually bother with Womens Murder Club games but really enjoying it,not brain surgery and once i managed to get to the laboratory at the beginning it was easy going

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Sep 25, 10 4:06 PM
I purchased this game without even doing the trial hour - loved the previous ones - these games are so well made, it was a definite buy for me.
This one is a thinker, though - had to use the built-in strategy guide a few times, but it works well - I like that!
Story is interesting, everything you have to do serves a purpose, characters are believeable.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Sep 25, 10 5:14 PM
I am purchasing also without trial. I have all the games in this series and have read all the WMC books. I am excited that this one has a built-in strategy guide. So many games here lately that are on my list to buy! Can't wait to play this one.

[Post New]by sarge464646 on Sep 25, 10 5:20 PM
I really like these games, but they are WAY too short fo me!! I almost got to end of Investigation 4 during the demo hour, and I just found out there are only 8, so it's a NO BUY for me

r3t1r3d
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by r3t1r3d on Sep 25, 10 5:35 PM
geri_mac wrote:pleasantly surprised at this game, Womens murder club games have never appealed to me before but I really enjoyed this one, and I loved the strategy guide included so top marks BF its been a lovely way to spend a boring saturday

My sentiments exactly! Really have been wanting this series to appeal to me and boy does this one deliver. Great game!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Sep 25, 10 5:41 PM
I'm the minority here it would seem. I didn't like this one at all. I didn't like using the viewer and I found the story/subject rather dull. I don't generally go for the "police investigative" types of games unless they are creepy, etc. This didn't thrill me so I uninstalled after about 15 mins. On the plus side it is a well-made game. Enjoy, those who like it.

ETA--Also, I never use strategy guides so having one in integrated is not a draw. It is a nice plus for those who want/need it but it makes the download file larger for those of us who don't want or need it, which is a bit of a drag.

Edited on 09/26/2010 at 6:55:13 AM PST

Go to: