puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for King Arthur

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 26, 10 5:25 AM
Yes, Dorothy and Toto. I'm starting to feel sorry for this team. Such good concepts using beloved classic tales for a game. Maybe they learned from the last attempt to make objects large enough for the average human eye to see instead of an unbeatable challenge. So, these were bigger, then fade them out into the woodwork, stone texture nearly obscure. I did clear the list in the scenes either staring way too long or on random bad guesses something else popped off. I'm sure I "found" the butterfly thinking it may be something else I was looking for.

There was a score at the top which went up when you found something then down on a misclick. Who cares, at least it wasn't timing me but BF was. Just when you think you've found most, more items were added to the list so there goes your feeling of accomplishment.

Maybe devs read too many posts asking for more challenges, games are too easy. OK take THIS!! No, I just want an even chance and wonder if designers even play or enjoy games or just the devious pleasure of baffling us with no clear instructions as well as no clear objects to find. How about a game with no story and just puzzles, then I'd know when to pass and not waste an hour of my life.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for King Arthur

[Post New]by doctorgood on Sep 26, 10 5:28 AM
Quoted from shadowfax;

P.S.S. Did anyone but me want to poke Merlin with that staff of his to try to get him to talk a little faster?? If I had only been given a chance....

That right there is the main reason I won't be buying this game,along with the complicated hint system and the dark scenes. It could have been a good game but somebody tried to put too many new and improved (?) little twists into it and has ruined it for me. ( I said for me so don't tell me how wrong I am because you ain't me! )
Dr.good

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Sep 26, 10 5:36 AM
Played for 30 minutes and uninstalled just not my cup of tea this is a no buy for me.

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Sep 26, 10 5:46 AM
new to forum but really stuck..I also cannot find star..found all others
anyy help??

NaomiGrace
Flounder
Flounder
2,220 Posts

[Post New]by NaomiGrace on Sep 26, 10 5:47 AM
I SOOOOOOOOOOO wanted to like this game. No problems with install or getting to screens. Flashing staff got that but so what? Now stuck on 2 items and no hint system in first HOG scene. SOOOOO how is that productive for finding out if you like the game?

Sigh..................wanted to like this

grace

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 26, 10 6:14 AM
I just finished my third twelve and I am finding this game quite relaxing. I actually enjoy Merlin's voice, and haven't yet been tempted to hurry him along...on the contrary, I found myself getting into the spirit of the game. I feel as if I am starting out on a magical adventure, and only stopped to go ahead and buy the game. I guess you just have to be in the right mood for something that is not quite as frenzied. It kind of reminds me of the voice in Drawn...just draws you in...if you are willing to let it I haven't tried the hint system yet, and am just starting out in the forest, so I am going to go back to it. I may change my mind, but at the moment, I think I am really going to enjoy this one.

maryerbe
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for King Arthur

[Post New]by maryerbe on Sep 26, 10 6:41 AM
jkuci wrote:….I have downloaded the game and get no futher than the welcome screen.

No main menu of the game appears with Options and does not ask me for player - just static welcome screen.

It just goes no futher than the welcome and stops.

Some orchestral music - no voice.

Nothing else......
I have the same problem any 1 else have this . thank you

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Sep 26, 10 6:44 AM
I, too, enjoyed this game. I like the challenge of getting good score,
Merlin's speaking does not bother me, was not quick to use hint system
(once it was giving). I haven't played a straight HOG in ages, have moved
on IHOG's, LF, etc.
Liked the frog with the crown on it's head
Have to make this short-kitten attackig

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Sep 26, 10 6:45 AM
I thought the opening was rather long but did not want to skip as that usually sets the scene for the story. I found all the parts of the staff due to the sparkles, but I could not find two of the hidden items. After what seemed a rather long time of looking, I discovered there is NO hints available. That is when I decided to close and delete. What good is a game with no hint system.

I so wanted to like and play King Arthur, but a total from me.

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Sep 26, 10 6:49 AM
I also bought with a credit and am enjoying this one. I find it very relaxing, and like the music and atmosphere. None of the mini games are hard, but so far, they have been varied. I like the sounds and Merlin's voice. I think of it more as a story to listen to, and think this will fill the bill when I don't want to be harried. I also don't find the hidden object scenes too junky, and almost everything is in period, so no cell phones etc.

In the first scene, parts of the staff are round or curvy, not just straight, and for me all parts sparkled. (I'm playing relaxed). Also, some items are in the texture of the walls, so look there.

Once you get the runes, hints are plentiful and interesting. I use them just to try all of the ways out! If you like the story of Arthur, and are willing to go further into the demo, then I'd say give it a whirl.

Star spoiler: Look in the brick column to the right of the window, it's indented about half-way up.

Edited on 09/26/2010 at 6:59:19 AM PST

bonbowl
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by bonbowl on Sep 26, 10 6:50 AM
No buy for me either.. tried 2 different profiles.. got to 2nd scene,, still cant find the star.. will be deleting this too.. sorry bf.. please have developers retry this one, it seems interesting.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Sep 26, 10 7:07 AM
i am so totally confused on this one....lots of good/bad reviews...the last month for on my end of a purchaser in need of a 'fix' i.e. game...i have had the worse problems ever with 'try it' demo's...and this seems to be wierd...I EVEN HAD A 'NERD' TECH OUT TO HOME, UPDATED EVERYTHING ON COMPUTER, CLEANED IT OUT, AND....my fabulous game ...the only one i trust and love...has been a 'gamers' nitemare....sorry....had to vent

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Sep 26, 10 7:12 AM
Well I had to pull some tricks out of my bag to get to the game ,Alt , Ctrl & Delete ,,that took a few minutes then WHAT , no hint system,,,finished one screen hoping it would take me to another ,,,nope just more to not find on the same screen ..then I bailed .

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Sep 26, 10 7:35 AM
I didn't mind this game at all. It's a straightforward hidden object game, junkpile style but not terrible. The items at least are proper sizes, so no gigantic spoons or anything like that. Just messy - like people who don't know how to pick up after themselves. Pigs. I hate it when a game makes me feel like I have to clean it up...only it won't let me! But not a bad game. Most objects easy to find, some pretty hidden and I needed hints. The first couple screens things sparkle to help you out - which since you don't have hints in those scenes is probably useful but I found it annoying. Once the hint system is activated there are no more sparkles. The hint system rather annoying - not sure I have it fully figured out either. The storytelling is nice but a bit of a slow talker - yet it fits in with the mood of the game so I didn't mind that too much. There's a little arrow to hurry him along. Not much to do in the game beyond search for objects...listen to story...search for objects...listen to story...there were a couple mini games that were so-so. All skippable and one I did skip. Mostly just searching. I was maybe halfway thru the second chapter when the demo ran out, so not sure how long the game is but I would think fairly long. I was getting bored by the end of it just from the repetitiveness of it. Might buy it on a 2.99 deal, but as a full game I'm not sure - it isn't a bad game, just not interesting enough to keep me going.

ktk514
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ktk514 on Sep 26, 10 7:43 AM
Me too. No hints, no buy. What were they thinking?

[Post New]by loobie67 on Sep 26, 10 7:43 AM
Have just downloaded King Arthur. No access to game. Get opening picture and then everything stops. Any one else encounter this? If so, what do I do next? Am very frustrated!

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Sep 26, 10 7:47 AM
I always play my games with the sound off. I had trouble getting the cursor to work until I changed the window mode but once I got in, the items were small and dark and then there was the hint issue. Spent most of the time looking for a star that too many other people can't find either.

Too many better games to play to waste my time on this problem.

[Post New]by nanaschico on Sep 26, 10 7:51 AM
I am finding it hard to play games lately for instance King Arthur and Women in White as soon as they download an error message comes up, anybody else? I have been downloading Big Fish for a long time and love them but am getting so
frusterated

catlynn54
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by catlynn54 on Sep 26, 10 8:08 AM
I love this game. It is perfect for me. The subject is enthralling, the music is lovely, the graphics are such that I could just sit and look at the scene. It is a game to take one's time, absorb the ambiance, and enjoy. All the objects seem to fit with the scenes, no obvious anachronisms or random piles-o-junk. I realize it is not for everyone (I did read the other comments) but for me it is a game I could play over and over. Merlin's voiceover is as if he is telling you a story- and he says that is what he is doing. Why would you want to rush that? The developers have created a wonderful world.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Sep 26, 10 8:19 AM
Ditto, catlynn. Tried it liked it and bought it.

Go to: