QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Re:Post any King Arthur technical issues here only

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Sep 26, 10 8:34 PM
THE GAME OPENS VEEEE RRRR RRyyyyyyy slow and then sits there. took almost a full minute to get my name logged in. then another 30-40 seconds before it moved on. the names of things to find are in a face plate that when you click on them, they highlight, but i had to click and reclick and reclick to get the face plate with the name to light up so i could click on it. to no avail, i thought it might have to clue the hint button. it also won't let me find anything else on screen from the list until i get all the staff peices. the hint button sits there and does nothing at all. so i also just exited. i like the narrators voice tho. i'll check next year and see if it's fixed yet. because that is how slow BFG has seemed to become.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 27, 10 12:30 AM
The Autosave doesn't work!!! Each time when I exit and enter the game, I have to enter my name from the start...

[Post New]by aaron112 on Sep 27, 10 2:00 AM
i have same problem trys to load gets to first page a to put in name biy nothing happens
uninstalled 3 times reinstalled now got 20 mins left this game is the pits big fish needs to sort it out

[Post New]by moreagaara on Sep 27, 10 6:09 AM
I can't even get into the game's welcome screen; all it does is make my screen flicker like it's *trying* to do something. It makes the resolution change and occasionally fills my screen with black with the usual "about to start playing" thing.

I lack the patience to sit there for 20 minutes or more while my screen does nothing but flicker.

Also, on the whole turn off your antivirus thing? No, not going to work.

[Post New]by bsander on Sep 27, 10 6:52 AM
Same VERY slow problems with the trial version of this game. This is becoming common with BigFish free downloads. This one downloaded OK, but when I tried to play it, the opening graphics come up, then fade VERY slowly and jerkily. (Several minutes worth of slowness.) I have never gotten far enough into it to even enter my name. It just seems to almost freeze up. In the end, the game closed because I had used all my playing time. And I never even got to enter my name. The only help from Big Fish is their advice to go through lots and lots of steps involving uninstalling Flash Player, etc. This is a brand new Windows 7 computer that is very fast on everything but Big Fish free downloads. There is something larger at work here -- Big Fish free downloads VERY OFTEN don't work at all for me, and for many others (see the many, many similar messages above this one).

allielubaka
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by allielubaka on Sep 27, 10 9:23 AM
There are 4 blank elongated rectangles...I pushed one and up pops "exit"...Finally, got into the game - yes, Merlin blah-blahs on and on...entered his chamber and found all but one item and that was due to the white lines around most graphic drawn items!?! The last piece I'm looking for is the 'star'...where is it? Doesn't really matter - there seem to be too many clean-up issues to go any further...not buying it!

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Sep 27, 10 9:23 AM
I got past the painfully slow opening pages; wish you could skip if you want to. Then in Merlin's room there are lots sparkly spots, but you can't click on anything. This one is just a waste of time.

[Post New]by last4ever on Sep 27, 10 10:23 AM
me too.

jkuci wrote:I have downloaded the game 3 times and get no further than the welcome screen.
I get the devs and BFG splash pages and then the game welcome page but then nothing else develops. I get the impression it might just be super slow on my computer.
No main menu of the game appears with Options and does not ask me for player - just welcome screen with the sword in the stone.

It just goes no futher than the welcome and stops.

Some orchestral music - no voice.

Nothing else......

Its too bad because, based on the comments, it sounds like something I would like - lots of story.

king arthur

[Post New]by spansation on Sep 27, 10 10:23 AM
bfgTigris wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

[Post New]by last4ever on Sep 27, 10 10:24 AM
Same here.

moreagaara wrote:I can't even get into the game's welcome screen; all it does is make my screen flicker like it's *trying* to do something. It makes the resolution change and occasionally fills my screen with black with the usual "about to start playing" thing.

I lack the patience to sit there for 20 minutes or more while my screen does nothing but flicker.

Also, on the whole turn off your antivirus thing? No, not going to work.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Sep 27, 10 12:01 PM
First scene, I clicked on sparkles and nothing happened until later.
Second scene, couldn't find scales until someone on forum found it.
Couldn't find star until someone on forum told me where it was, but when I clicked on it the game froze. By then my hour was up! What a stupid game.

beajohn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by beajohn on Sep 27, 10 1:40 PM
I get only half a screen when the game loads. I've uninstalled & re-installed it and it still happens. I changed the graphic properties & that didn't work. Re-booting my computer doesn't help either.

[Post New]by canwood on Sep 27, 10 1:54 PM
it took the whole hour just to get to the prologue. never even got to try it. i tried everything i could think of but still no luck. i hope that the problem gets resolved and it is reintroduced so that i can try this game.

[Post New]by Memoryamethyst on Sep 27, 10 1:58 PM
Mine downloaded, but in Merlins room I couldnt find a few items, namely Quill and Mug and there was no hint key. The speed of the intro dialogue is annoyingly slow.

Big fish, I think most of us would rather have "a new game every third day" if it meant that your QA team actually had enough time to properly QA the games. Once we try a game on the first day and it fails to impress, we write that game off entirely, even if at a later date you fix the bugs.

[Post New]by salpolestick39 on Sep 27, 10 4:21 PM
hi to all

i turn off my computer and the work for me and the woman in white the same and i just completed both games

rndtuet
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by rndtuet on Sep 27, 10 4:29 PM
Can't even get to the point of putting in my name in the welcome screen. Task manager says not responding. Installed twice so far, don't think I'll go for the third time, unless there is something that says there has been an improvement.

[Post New]by selms54 on Sep 27, 10 4:59 PM
I had the same issues, it took 10 minutes and never got to a sign in page, when I decided to uninstall. I am also losing faith in this site.

[Post New]by ShyThang51 on Sep 27, 10 5:25 PM
I have loaded and uninstalled 3 times. I can't get a full screen or I just get a clear screen. Have to go to task manager to stop the game. This frustrates me so much. I am addicted to the HOG games and to not even be able to play the trial.. grrrr.
I have wasted almost 20 minutes and haven't played at all. It isn't fair.

pixie30
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by pixie30 on Sep 28, 10 5:52 AM
When i played the demo if this game, the writing appeared very slowly and not in time with the speech.

I decided to go ahead and buy it anyway and the slow text and any lagging stopped!!

It runs perfectly now YAY!!

netking
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by netking on Sep 28, 10 6:58 PM
Having same problem with loading. Can't get past welcome screen. Wasted 1/2 of the trial time. Guess i won't get to play it, certainly won't buy it.

Go to: