jakecarew
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Roads of Rome

[Post New]by jakecarew on Sep 27, 10 7:03 AM
Love it! I'd worn out MKFP and wished there would be another. Before BFG offered MKFP2, that is. I actually got this from "another" site and like it just as much. When I first played, I didn't realize you had to build the entire road or that you could build a road AND remove the stone in front of it at the same time. I like the fact that all the trees are fair game and it's not just a select few. I wish more games were like this.

As for those who hate the sound effects... I always play ALL my games with my sound on mute so I can't say it bothers me much. :-)

I love my HOG games but developers really need to make more like this!

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Sep 27, 10 7:40 AM
. .
Just bought it.!
l realy like this game. lt's a very nice change from MKftP2,where l get frustrated not being able to get gold on all levels.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Sep 27, 10 7:51 AM
I like this game too and was on the verge of buying when i thought wait - there are 40 levels and i'm almost half done already?

Is there another area to explore or is this it?

cappy54
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by cappy54 on Sep 27, 10 8:29 AM
I really like the game but I guess I am really just NOT getting it because I can't seem to finish on time and the BOOTS are not helping me succeed!...Any help here..I am constantly running out of time before the cave, after the cave, after the boots,etc???

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Sep 27, 10 10:23 AM
Enjoyed the game. I put this game in the cute category. It initially looks and plays like the My Kingdom for the Princess and Royal Envoy. However, the game play seems to be much easier. Not a bad thing since I'm still working through MKFP #2 -- . One of the things that I really like about this game is the game play is quick. Right away, you have to get your fingers a working to build resource buildings and upgrade the cottage for additional workers. You also have to quickly build up your resources -- cut down trees for wood, smash bricks (boulders) and stop the wolf. I played 6 of 40 levels during demo. You can also restart the level if you're not able to beat the expert level before time is up.

I give this a out of 5. For a solid game, good graphics, but nothing new. A maybe purchase at the deal of the day price.

Good gaming --

[Post New]by mache05 on Sep 27, 10 10:33 AM
Any kind of strategy to some of these levels.....I refuse to move on to the next level until I get an expert score....

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Sep 27, 10 11:22 AM
I fell in love with this within 10 minutes of the demo and purchased. It reminded me of My Kingdom For the Princess, although a bit easier so far. I do love these resource gathering strategy games.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 27, 10 1:01 PM
The graphics are lovely. The gameplay is challenging and fun, reminding me of MKFP *my kingdom for the princess* I loved the workers. The storyline is very sweet. This is a total buy if you loved the MKFP.

This game is an A.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Sep 27, 10 1:10 PM
As many of you said, it's very much like My Kingdom for the Princess. One difference is that you can clear everything at all times, as long as things aren't blocked off by swamps or water. Meaning, even if the road is blocked by stones you can collect stuff or click down other stones beyond that.

Not much to add other than I already had trouble getting expert at Level 5. Will consider buying with more distance to MKftP.

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Sep 27, 10 3:31 PM
General recommendation: Try before you buy. People who like time management games will almost surely like this.

Graphics: Very bright and clear. The characters were fun to watch. Nice background visuals like trees blowing in the wind.

Sound: The music was good. Sounds were of average quality. This isn't a big deal for this kind of game.

Gameplay: The one big negative was a mandatory timer. There is an expert level but if you don't complete the level in time you go onto a regular timer mode. If you don't finish the level then you have to restart the level all over again. There is no relaxed mode allowing you to bypass this. I'd note that on the fifth level I couldn't complete the game within the expert level and by the eighth level I had to replay the level to get the minimal passing score. One thing I did like was you could work on more than one thing at a time such as collecting resources or road building.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Sep 27, 10 4:19 PM
Awesome game! Gameplay is similar to My Kingdom for the Princess. To impress your true love and win her hand, you must do tasks for her father, who strives to keep you apart. Each level you are given specific goals and must reach them within the allotted time. You must build roads and collect resources (gems, gold, wood, stone, food). You can harvest directly from the land or erect buildings such as sawmills, quarries, mines or farms to assist you on your way. Depending on which area you are in, you may encounter wild animals such as wolves or polar bears. You must dispatch them immediately as they will hinder your workers progress as they will be too afraid to come out of their homes. There are hidden bonuses such as the clock which stops time for a brief period (this is a big help), speed boots and other items. Game length looks to be good. Did the hour demo and it was over before I knew it! Ending up purchasing from the developer a few months ago. This is easily a game you could get seriously hooked on and end up staying up all night playing. Graphics are quite beautifully done (they remind me of Royal Envoy). A 5 out of 5 on this one!

[Post New]by Sally48z on Sep 27, 10 4:22 PM
Absolutely loved the game. Bought it after first two levels. Usually play HOG, but this reminded me so much of My Kingdom for the Princess, which I totally enjoyed playing, that I had to try this one. THANK YOU BFG; Great game!!!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 27, 10 5:35 PM
I am a big fan from My Kingdom for the princess 1 & 2, but gets a little bit frustrating in later levels. I like this game much more! It has everything I expecting from a good tm: Good graphic, good gameplay. Its a buy for me!

If you like My Kingdom for the princess and Roads of Rome you should also like "Aerie - Spirit of the Forest". Its also similiar, avaiable on another website, but not on bigfishgames yet. Happy gaming!

[Post New]by whitepriestess on Sep 27, 10 7:58 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:
If you like My Kingdom for the princess and Roads of Rome you should also like "Aerie - Spirit of the Forest". Its also similiar, avaiable on another website, but not on bigfishgames yet. Happy gaming!

I'm curious whether Aerie has similar gameplay as MKftP and Roads of Rome.

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ebec on Sep 27, 10 11:32 PM
I've noticed the comments from several of the older players re: the timer. I, too, am older and a little slower. I absolutely love these TM games, not because of the pressure of the timer, but because I enjoy the "fixen and doin". I've purchased so many of them, but am unable to finish any because of the timer. I've wondered why on earth the developers do not offer several levels of timers in these games. I'm quite sure that they could sell alot more of them if they would address this problem for those of us who have arthritis, or are just not as fast as we used to be. This makes me very sad.

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Sep 28, 10 5:56 AM
I am really going against the grain these days, I found this game kinda boring. I did 3 levels, I know it was not much of an effort on my part but it just did not grab me. Happy logging fishies.

GranDash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by GranDash on Sep 28, 10 8:58 AM
Just finished the demo and this is as good as MKFTP (which I love). Is different enough to MKFTP to make me purchase this. Done about 12 levels in the demo and didn't make expert on a few of them so I know this will keep me occupied for a while whilst I go back to achieve expert on all. Good game.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Sep 28, 10 11:10 AM
Will be purchasing this game as soon as October 1 appears, to start a new game club punch card. I believe you have to fill it up in the same month for it to count for a free coupon, so I don't want to waste it.
Do like this game, even though it is a lot like MKFTP. That's ok, because it is a super game!

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Sep 28, 10 4:07 PM
I was really excited to see another My Kingdom For The Princess type game, and I loved this. It's deceptively difficult and I like that. Although I hope I don't play it so much I see wee people running around fixing stuff when I close my eyes.

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Sep 28, 10 7:15 PM
It's bad when you're dreaming about the game.

Go to: