[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on Sep 28, 10 7:52 AM
IT WILL NOT LOAD ON MY WINDOWS 7 64 BIT SYSTEM

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

Re:Post any Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone technical issues here only

[Post New]by valeriepres on Sep 28, 10 9:01 AM
I am also having problems with this game!!
I downloaded and installed it today and when I clicked on "play now" a message said that it was already running which is wasn't!!
I tried restarting my PC but it still would not work!
I tried uninstalling the game from my PC (From the Programs - Control Panel) and it will not uninstall, it will not uninstall from the Big fish game manager either!
So I have a game on my PC that I cannot play or even get rid off from my PC.
I also have Windows7

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Slow loading not just Windows 7

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Sep 28, 10 9:11 AM
I'm running Vista, and experiencing the same problems that it appears Win 7 users are having.

It takes at least 30 seconds to load each scene.

One of the comments in this forum is that the game wasn't designed to run on Win 7, so it isn't "broken". If in fact this is the case, it amazes me that it wasn't developed with Win 7 in mind.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 28, 10 9:18 AM
Count me in too!

I can play the game with no problem, until I close out of it, then when I go back in to play, tells me the game is already running. Task manager says it is not. The only way to play again, is to reboot.

I hope BF fixes this, I've already bought the game ... cause I had no problems installing or playing it, just I can't get back in to the game without having to reboot.

I'm using Windows 7 too ... and it's a new computer too!

sammybean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sammybean on Sep 28, 10 9:39 AM
I have the same problem with the game and too am running windows 7 64. To close out of the game even though task manager applications says it isnt running, go into processes tab and you will see columbus there and can get end task

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Sep 28, 10 9:47 AM
sadji wrote:The Game didn't start on my Win 7/ 64 bit system

My technician said (I am going to buy W7), that only 32 bits is for games, as it has the "compatibility choice" - you can make the game compatible by choosing, for instance, windows XP with Service Pack 2.

W7 64 bits is not compatible with all the games, he says.

I am not responsible for what he said, but I trust him... .

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Sep 28, 10 10:12 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:

My technician said (I am going to buy W7), that only 32 bits is for games, as it has the "compatibility choice" - you can make the game compatible by choosing, for instance, windows XP with Service Pack 2.

Well I play most other games on my 64 bit Windows 7 so don't think this is a major problem. This is the only BF game i've had problems with so far.

As someone else said, I can't believe the developers didn't make this game compatible with 7 as more and more people now have this OS on their computers.

[Post New]by browneyesnsc on Sep 28, 10 10:22 AM
I have Windows 7 64 bit also new had less than a month and although i had to install 2x's it finally started working for me. I have already played the whole game. When i exited the game after i was finished and tried to go back to start over and play again it is doing nothing. I have uninstalled again and going to try to reinstall to see if I get it back working.

[Post New]by Kitty_at_large on Sep 28, 10 10:22 AM
janspack wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:

I have had to run other programs in compatibility mode. Unfortunately it does not work with this game

It would be nice if a tech came into the forum just to let us know that they are aware of the problem that many windows 7 customers are having.

[Post New]by browneyesnsc on Sep 28, 10 10:36 AM
ok reinstalled again and it is running fine at least we know it does work with Windows 7 . At least for me it does i just had to keep shutting game off through task manager and keep trying and it eventually starts and runs fine not slow on my comp.

_Jinxy_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by _Jinxy_ on Sep 28, 10 10:37 AM
Ooops, wish I had seen this forum before making my new discussion. Techies please delete my new discussion post labeled 'game won't run'. Thanks.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 28, 10 10:39 AM
Hey Fishies,

Thank you for posting about the issue with the error message with Windows 7. We are currently working on resolving this and will post here once an update is available.

We really do appreciate your patience, but if you have any further questions or concerns about this game, please get in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Sep 28, 10 10:44 AM
Agree with janspak. This is the first game ever that I've had this sort of trouble with. Also a Windows 7, 64 bit user. Was hoping to get this game with Game Club credit. Hope it can be fixed soon.

Thanks for your post bfgArnoStyx.

[Post New]by Kitty_at_large on Sep 28, 10 11:00 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

Thank you for posting about the issue with the error message with Windows 7. We are currently working on resolving this and will post here once an update is available.

We really do appreciate your patience, but if you have any further questions or concerns about this game, please get in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Thank you so much for letting us know that you are working on the problem. I have sent a Dr Felix special package to tech support

[Post New]by denyce2301 on Sep 28, 10 11:33 AM
Cant play demo it says game is running but nothing is there. Have to restart the computer. Sounded like a good game

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Sep 28, 10 12:04 PM
I'm glad to see BF is going to resolve this ...

However, I resolved the issue myself ... to some degree ... I believe it is in the Game Manager, as to where the problem lies.

If I click on the game from my "desk top," it works fine, it doesn't say "another game is running." Now .... if I click it from the game manager ... it doesn't work, I get the message.

So ... BF if you're reading .. .maybe you need to look it to the game manager? I'm having no problems opening the game from my desk top icon. (The shortcut)

Judy

sadji
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sadji on Sep 28, 10 12:29 PM
ghostguide2002 wrote:I'm glad to see BF is going to resolve this ...

However, I resolved the issue myself ... to some degree ... I believe it is in the Game Manager, as to where the problem lies.

If I click on the game from my "desk top," it works fine, it doesn't say "another game is running." Now .... if I click it from the game manager ... it doesn't work, I get the message.

So ... BF if you're reading .. .maybe you need to look it to the game manager? I'm having no problems opening the game from my desk top icon. (The shortcut)

Judy

I resolved it too without the gamemanager, start it from his folder. This is not the first game (for me and all BS) who have trouble with this gamemanager.
Loading the games from other gamesides without gamemanagers and all works fine.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Sep 28, 10 12:53 PM
Same here...I have Vista 64 bit system and it will not open on my computer. Says it is running but nada. Quit it and still says it is running.

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Sep 28, 10 1:06 PM
okletmewin12 wrote:even tho one or two fishies have it running on their win7 puters, the system requirements are for xp or vista operating systems

it may work on some win7 systems but you really can't blame the dev's or BF if it doesn't, it wasn't intended to, and they probably won't be fixing it, in their eyes it isn't broken

When I got my WIN 7 I talked with a tech person and asked if the games would run without any problems. She said that they had tested _many_ games and that they were all fine. And, they have been. This is the first game that I've had a problem with in over a year. IMHO developers need to get on the ball and do a better job.

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Sep 28, 10 1:24 PM
Whether the games were designed for XP or Vista instead of W7 they should still work. I've got about 200 games that I bought before my purchase of a new computer with Windows7- 2 months ago. So far I've had no problems with the old ones. But lately much of what I try new is screwed up. Had the same problem with this one that caused me to give up on Lady in White, which I really wanted
Demo worked for a while. Then it froze and the old familiar "a game is already playing" farce started again.

Go to: