Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Farm Frenzy: Gone Fishing

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 29, 10 2:35 PM
I am a big fan from Farm Frenzy, but haven`t bought the last two games (too similar to Farm Frenzy 3 for me). But I like this game - I like to feed the cute fishies and the hole gameplay. Its very hard to earn gold or sometimes even silver. Its on my maybe-list for now.

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Sep 29, 10 4:05 PM
I feel about this series much like I feel about the Friday The 13th movies...overkill. Sometimes you need to just stop and do something different. The first few were fun, but now just redundant. Surely they have more ideas in their head beyond the same ole.

anntiem
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by anntiem on Sep 29, 10 4:32 PM
I LOVE this game! But I also loved all the other ones. I'm not really sure what the complaining is about for why folks can't get gold. I played 11 levels and got 8 golds 2 silver and 1 blue. I did upgrade my cages when I could. This is a little bit worse than I would do on the other games the first time through. I imagine I'll need some help later to go back and get the golds. However, I just keep ploughing thru right now and I'll come back once I have all the upgrades.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Sep 29, 10 6:28 PM
I love the cartoony graphics. And I particularly love playing games with fish and water so this is a definite winner for me. I agree that either the game moves to slowly or I'm not fast enough, but I've really enjoyed playing my demo. It took me a bit to figure out taking the helicopter to town for the butter, but then it worked out. Also, I had 500 in my kitty and had a lot to send to market when it popped up and said I was done with the level and only had 190 dollars. - not enough to move on to the next level. So there's definitely a strategy to playing this game to take full advantage of it. Adding this to my list of games to get.

[Post New]by sheltie127new on Sep 29, 10 6:47 PM
I'm with journey2. I feel like it's the same basic game as FF3. Actually, the premise of the game has changed little from the original FF. From the orig to FF3, there was consistent improvement in the graphics. Perhaps the tasks become a little more creative later in the game, but I think that FF2 & FF PP may still be my 2 favorites. FF PP got rather involved w/ the various pizza recipes, but I solved that prob by keeping a little cheat sheet handy. It listed all the ingredients for each type of pizza.

I've only played about 5 lvls of FF GF, but I feel like it substituted fish for geese & penguins, a pond for the yard. I'm not sure that I'll be getting any more FF games until they get more creative.

Games like Cake Mania & Chocolatier provide more variety in later releases, or at least it seems that way to me.

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 6:52:12 PM PST

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Sep 29, 10 9:13 PM
I am a lover of all the FFs and this one more as it is a nice change being in the water instead of on the farm. I do find FFGF is more difficult but I so love the challenge. On level 12 I found that I could get 900 dollars even if I did not make a trophy so if I need dollars I just play it several times to get what dollars I need. I also learned early on that you need to keep your fish feeder full all the time as fish die faster that the animals on the farms. This game is so different that on some levels it took a while to figure out what I really needed to do. On those levels I just replayed them. On one level, I had to replay it at least 6 times to make silver and the next time I did make gold. FFGF is truly a learning curve from the other FFs. Will I make Gold on all levels? Never, but that is ok with me. If I can do better on each level than I did the time before… that is a ‘win’ for me.

Most TMs, if you do not complete a level, you get kicked out and have to start all over again. I do not like those as I play for enjoyment, not to increase my anxiety level. With the FF series, you can still progress to the next level and maybe later replay those levels you want and see if you can increase your score.

When I saw on Mudrocks' post several weeks ago that FFGF was going to be available that week, I was ecstatic. When it did not appear that week and not the next week I was so bummed I sent Customer Service an inquiry. The answer I got back was sometimes they do not make a game available right away as there may be a need for more work on it. I think in this case, that is what BF did, and I for one am totally OK with that. I would rather have a game delayed than come out with glitches that need to be made.

I downloaded FFGF about 15 minutes after it became available and have had no problems with it. I play on a laptop w/Vista home with a 2g processor and 3g ram. Yes, occasionally it does freeze up for a second or two, but I have the same problem with FF Madagascar and Ice Age.

[Post New]by mrsdbldiamond on Sep 29, 10 9:56 PM
Scootmama wrote:I've tried the Farm Frenzy and I must ask fo help catching anything in
a cage, it never woks for me so I delete the game again.

Any hints would help. I click I see the cage flash and then
it's gone. I love gaming and do lots of it so what's the deal
with this cage??? LOL please help!!

To catch the bears etc just click, click, click fast as you can. You have to click several times at the beginning on the same bear. NOT just 1 time. When you buy the upgrades for the cages then each upgrade makes it faster & easier.
Hope this helps.
BF just want to say THANK YOU, I been waiting for this game since I heard it was coming out. I love ALL of the Farm Frenzy games.

Edited on 09/29/2010 at 9:58:24 PM PST

Phoebelle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Phoebelle on Sep 30, 10 4:07 AM
Especially love the graphics on this FF, and am enjoying the different take - being on water instead of land. FF Ice Age was my previous favourite, so maybe it's something about the blues It's running much slower than any other version, though (see posts in the technical thread) but I'm still enjoying it enough to have bought it.

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Sep 30, 10 5:37 AM
Finally a new Farm Frenzy, and one that *isn't* a copy of the FF3 games!!

I had been waiting for this ever since Mudrock announced it, and finally it's here! Finally another concept than the same old bird/egg/cake/feathers etc concept - at least it looks different after playing 6 levels. (Haven't had time for more yet.)

I'm just so happy they have changed the concept somewhat from the same old, same old. Apart from Ice Age, which was different and fun, I was getting very tired of the same concept over and over again, so I'm thrilled to see they are thinking in new ways now. Maybe they've even taken our various "complaint" threads in previous forums into consideration?

Anyway, I'll be buying as soon as my punch card reward arrives! WHEE!

carolwst
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by carolwst on Sep 30, 10 6:42 AM
I agree with many of the posters, it is different enough (so far) from the previous FF games that I am interested. It is also way harder than previous games. I needed to replay 2 of the first 6 levels to get gold. Makes me wonder if it will be impossible later.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Sep 30, 10 10:14 AM
This is a wildly fun game! I am not very good at getting gold or even silver but I am having a lot of fun regardless. The fishing motif is a fun change from the usual farming with chickens, cows etc. which I frankly find a bit boring. Plus as with all the FF games, the graphics on this one are very well done but now fit in even better for us BFG fishies.

I don't play with sound or music so I can't comment on those but I don't mind replaying levels to earn more money to buy upgrades -- it helps me improve my gameplay. I'm still not too crazy about those darn bears but the key is to keep shipping their carcasses off for more cash -- I'm definitely looking forward to the upgraded cage and being able to expand my warehouse. All in all I am having fun with this latest FF game and will def purchase it tomorrow since I've already filled up Sept's punchcard. Happy gaming...

One more thing -- I have noticed a wee bit of lag at certain points but nothing to spoil gameplay, it only lasts a second or two and self-corrects -- I do have a very new, "all the bells and whistles" laptop so if you have an older computer you may experience some issues with slow running...hope not!

Edited on 09/30/2010 at 10:17:13 AM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Sep 30, 10 2:56 PM

This game is discouraging enough to me, and I love this style of game and have played the other Farm Frenzy games at least 3 x's a piece, that I quit before the demo time was up, uninstalled and have absolutely no intent to purchase it. The level of difficulty this one starts at is the level of difficulty the other games ended at.

Wow, it is hard!! I never could get gold on some of the other farm frenzy games and probably only got through 2/3 of them with gold, just really discouraging.

ShamuFish
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ShamuFish on Sep 30, 10 3:35 PM
It's hard to get Gold everywhere - really hard - and that's why it's great! Me and my wife love challenging each other on this game. She gets some mad times though... I need to practice, clearly.

[Post New]by clpindy on Sep 30, 10 7:45 PM
sonofstar wrote:I have so enjoyed all the games in the Farm Frenzy series...until I got to this one. I like the graphics. I like the fact it's fish not chickens, guinea fowl, penguins, whatever. But that's as far as it goes.

Within this genre of games, Gone Fishing is the absolutely most discouraging, most difficult of all the games to play. It's 5 x's harder to make silver or gold, which has been a necessity if you wanted sufficient bonus gold in order to purchase the upgrades. But in Gone Fishing, even when you do make silver or gold, you don't get sufficient coins to purchase the necessary upgrades and you end up replaying levels many many times in order to get enough coins to purchase the upgrades to open the path ahead in order to continue playing. And that's from the very first level played on.

This game is discouraging enough to me, and I love this style of game and have played the other Farm Frenzy games at least 3 x's a piece, that I quit before the demo time was up, uninstalled and have absolutely no intent to purchase it. The level of difficulty this one starts at is the level of difficulty the other games ended at.

[Post New]by clpindy on Sep 30, 10 7:49 PM
I could not have said it better I own every one of the farm frenzy games and have enjoyed playing them. So I bought this one without even testing it. Boy, was that a mistake. I want my money back. I have played half the levels and have had to play some over and over again just to get enough money to play the next level. This sucks. As for it being too slow, I just got a new computer and it is very fast on mine. The games get bigger and on my old computer I could not even play some of the games. I had just bought that computer last year. Anyway, I will never buy another game without testing it first.

Edited on 09/30/2010 at 7:50:59 PM PST

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Oct 1, 10 12:29 AM
I find this farm frenzy game to be one of the cutest so far, the graphics are great have had no issues with it what so ever, a bit more difficult to get the gold on this particular game, sometimes it does get ridiculous to get the gold, but challenging it is, that's what TM games are about.....................it's still a buy for me.....

GreenMeany
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMeany on Oct 1, 10 12:55 AM
I love the FF games and have all of them. I found that once I upgraded my computer and added a little more ram that the games ran better. This new game is fantastic. The others in the series, were getting a little old and a little too easy to play.

This Gone Fishing theme is such a cute concept. The graphics are fantastic and the music isn't annoying like the prior game. And I think its great that this latest installment is such a challenge to play.

I think that by far this one is better than the original which is as it should be. I highly recommend Gone Fishing as something to have a go at at least once. Especially if your looking for something challenging.

frini7
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by frini7 on Oct 1, 10 2:44 AM
Awesome game. At last something different in the farm frenzy games ...new animals and new products .I absolutely loved it.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Oct 2, 10 3:20 AM
Laste time I played a FF I posted I didn't think I would even bother to trial the next one. Although I had kept my promise in the polar one and -I think- one other, I did try this one as it seemed different with the fish farm enivronment. But besides the graphs it is more of the same so, despite I was a huge fan of the first 2 FF, I'm not falling for this. I really wish they would add something different instead of just repeating the same game.
Even DD series seem to have different twists every once in a while!
Besides, there was one thing that got me wondering: I didn't get far enough in the demo to see what the dolphins were supposed to do... but would like to think the developers are aware dolphins are not fish. Just hoping, as at least all he other swiming creatures were fish (I'm not counting the bears, but at least bears do fish salmons although not by walking around)
I know this is a game and not a science class, but would also like to point out salmons do not lay in salty water (which these were doing as you could have them with sharks, seahorses etc...) or that you can not have pure salty water fishes in sweet water. I won't even discuss the strange "pond mates" the game suggested. I am not sure what fish were available as I didn't have time to scroll over the uper left "fish buy" option to see, but remember the shark and seahorse were there.
In the other FF there was a slight logic to the animal conundrum but here I just got the feeling they were so desperate to wrap up the same program in a new look they just didn't even bother at all.
Too bad, the graphs were nice as they actually reminded me of he original FF's.
No buy for me and will give it a 5 out of 10: It is a good challenging TM, a bit stressing, nice graphs, but just a duplicate of the previous versions and you can't even skip the tutorials.

Edited on 10/02/2010 at 3:27:21 AM PST

ginasc123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ginasc123 on Oct 2, 10 5:47 PM
Too slow, any fixes?

Go to: