nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction

[Post New]by nwl43 on Sep 29, 10 12:03 PM
biomix wrote:oops! the 360 can only be turned off in Casual mode.
I prefer to play Adventure but the 360 is fine with me.
And it's got slider puzzles. Cannot resist those. Also as for the length, for me it is very good because I take my time. Work at the puzzles until I get it. And since the voice is good for me I like listening to the story line.
Very happy with this game.

You can turn off the 360 in advanced mode. The difference is that it is 360 by default in the advanced and you have to turn it off in options whereas you have to turn it on in the casual.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Sep 29, 10 12:32 PM
Okay, what's the deal here? When I joined this club over a year ago, I went through and played every HOG on the list and check every day for something new. A few times, there is a game that just shows up on the today list and was never previewed. I never saw Chapter 1 until today. It's easy to miss a great game that way.

Chapter 2 is much shorter, but looks good so far. I'm playing both and will probably buy them on Friday. I appreciate all the reviews...it helps me decide if I really want to spend the money on a game or not. Thanks!

Purple_One
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Purple_One on Sep 29, 10 2:04 PM
I haven't tried the first one yet; but, will probably get both at the same time if I can figure out what genre they are. 'The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction' is listed as an Adventure genre and the '........Strategy Guide' is listed as a HOG. Which one is it? Hmmmmmmm God bless

[Post New]by chris122049 on Sep 29, 10 2:21 PM
It's a HOG because there are parts where you have to find a certain number of things like 10 elevator passes. But it's an adventure because you have to go different places and figure out what to do........for example, how do you reach the room to fix the elevator when it's one level above a roof level patio?

More and more games are combining different genres so something can't always be labeled as JUST one thing anymore........I appreciate it when they tell me the different parts of a game because there aren't many that are just one thing anymore.

Hope that helps. By the way, I love the Fall Trilogy series! Can't wait for the third chapter now!

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 29, 10 3:33 PM
The graphics are well done. The gameplay can be difficult. The storyline is creative and is a wonderful addition to the series. Once again John, our hero, is trying to get home to his family. I really think the guy is in a coma. Hightlight to see possible spolier.

This game is a B+. Sometimes it's a bit frustrating.

[Post New]by chris122049 on Sep 29, 10 3:47 PM
Hey, I think your spoiler idea may be right...............good thinking!

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Sep 29, 10 3:50 PM
mine is not a comment but a question/observation:

I worked his way out of a jungle to fall into a building in the city?
Really??
I loved first Trilogy, started the demo on this one but am tired so
will come back to it tomorrow. The comments and reviews are
pretty spot on, but so far I am on the fence.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Sep 29, 10 6:36 PM

Pretty good, good puzzles and mini games. Not as complex as some games but satisfying overall. It seemed quite short though.

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on Sep 29, 10 10:00 PM
Hats off to all of you that can manage this game. I'm impressed but it's not a game for me. I found it confusing but then again after a long day, it's not a relaxing game...in my opinion.

talisman018
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by talisman018 on Sep 30, 10 3:49 AM
Hi Fishies!

I just bought it, sight unseen, and here's my humble little review. I hope that it helps someone decide on whether or not they'd like to give it a try. First, you really should play the first installment before this one to get the story started. Also, try before you buy this one.

GRAPHICS: 5 out of 5. Top notch. Photo realistic. Very nicely done. It has two modes of play: "360" and "point & click". I have the motion sickness problem that others here have complained of and I can safely say that I didn't have even the slightest twinge of it in the "P&C" mode. "360" always gives me trouble and those games I do have to stay clear of.

GAMEPLAY: 5 out of 5. Pretty easy and has full directions that you can get to anytime you might need them. Controls are nice and smooth. There is an option to use custom cursors or the regular one. Sometimes, games have trouble with the custom cursor, but I had no trouble at all. There is an Easy setting and a Normal setting. There is also a Hint Gauge that gradually fills and up to a few levels of hints that you can use per puzzle. There is a sparkling light to help guide you if you are lost (Easy Mode only) and a reminder notepad to let you know what your current tasks are.

SOUND: 4 out of 5. But that is purely because the voice-over got on my nerves after awhile and the music was a bit tedious. It fits well in the game, though and is well done otherwise, so I can't really knock it down by more than a point. There is an Option Menu which includes adjusting sound, music and voice, but I wanted the full experience and left it on default. Next time, I'm shutting off the voice.

DIFFICULTY: 3 out of 5. Well, it's hard to say. I'm modestly good at puzzles and managed this entire game in 2 hours 37 minutes and 1 hint (to find a hard to spot item). It could be really hard for people unused to this sort of thing. I'd like it to be longer and harder than this, but I am hard to please. Maybe it's just fine for some.

I hope my review helps someone. I can't say it's a bad game, because it's really quite good. I found it too easy and short. I liked the first installment better. I will probably get the next one, just to see how it all comes out... but I don't think I'd buy a second trilogy. It's just not tough enough for me.

Happy gaming!!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Sep 30, 10 7:02 AM
atmosphere very very different of the first chapter!i tried the demo and i think i'll buy it ...if there is not a better game for me!there is plenty of great games to be finished ,just as i like them with adventure and strange atmosphere,near by dreams,and also with fairylike stories and marvellous also!i'm too young for serious games!only 63 years....

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Sep 30, 10 7:37 AM
This is a Keops studios game which in my opinion is always top notch. I like the graphics as they are crisp, clear and realistic. I like the 360 view because you can pan around and look at whats around you, makes me feel like I'm there. I'm not sure if this game is for me as it has that technical /mechanical thing going on. This is right up my husbands alley however. He knows all about mother boards, every tool imaginable/gadgets and loves to fix things. So I am buying this game for him.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Oct 1, 10 6:20 AM
I loved the first installment of this game but for some reason am not liking this one. I bought it of course and am about halfway through. The graphics are supurb and the 360 navigation doesn't bother me at all. I am however having problems finding my way around the office even though it's small. I was going to go finish it this morning but just find I don't want to. I think I'll leave it for another time. Perhaps it's the sterile office environment I don't like. There was one slider puzzle I actually had to skip and I'm quite good at those. I got so stuck I couldn't move things and there was no reset button. When I left the scene and came back it was right where I had left it so I finally had to give up in frustration and skip it.

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Oct 1, 10 5:14 PM
Chapter one was so good I was glad to see Chapter two - I am not a big fan. It's choppy and not nearly as compelling as the first. It's a "no buy" for me.

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Oct 1, 10 10:21 PM
Excellent adventure with challenging puzzles when you play it in Adventure mode.

I prefer part one's scenery and puzzles but I still enjoyed part 2 very much. Would like to play the trilogy as one whole game as each part on it's own is too short.

[Post New]by cassiepig on Oct 2, 10 12:54 AM
I've been looking forward to this since the first game (and it was a surprise; I checked out Kheops website last week and it never mentioned a release date).
The office setting is a bit of a turn off at first, but is soon forgotten as you get into the game. I'm playing it in the more advanced mode and the puzzles are pitched just about right. I have a couple of beefs, however, like going to do the most logical next action and being told it's wrong because I haven't followed the "script" (trying to mess with the ventilation system before you've found the flashlight and map is apparently illogical - but wouldn't you want to switch it off first?). And every time I come back to the game (because I have a limited amount of time to play each day) it comes back to the safe in the management office and I have to do all the tedious, stupid little mini-games again (the two signature things, and two document reconstruction games back to back is just lazy). Still, if I ever come across something like the safe game again I'll be great at it.
Generally, this game didn't disappoint too much. Yes, the first game was better, less frustrating and maybe a bit more challenging, but taken by itself Chapter 2 is good enough.

MEGOD
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by MEGOD on Oct 2, 10 6:49 AM
Can anyone tell me what the odds are of turning on a fan & having a sheet of paper go directly into a shredder?

MEGOD

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Oct 2, 10 8:19 AM
This is not a review but a question. The graphics in Reincarnations: Awakening (the 2nd Reincarnations, a CE) were extremely realistic. Especially in the bonus chapter, I literally took maybe 10 or 15 minutes on each H.-O. scene just looking at everything that was there to be seen.

However, I think they were painted pictures. Here is the question: would you call that photo-realistic? It is considered photorealism as a style of painting, although this borders on surrealism due to the content. But it's so clear and realistic you might think you were looking a photograph if not for the content.

Is photo-realistic in games the same thing? Or does photo-realistic in games means that the scenes are actually photographed? (I hate that!)

Just wondering, thanks in advance for any answers and comments.

fred78
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by fred78 on Oct 2, 10 8:30 AM
minxs wrote: Here is the question: would you call that photo-realistic? It is considered photorealism as a style of painting, although this borders on surrealism due to the content. But it's so clear and realistic you might think you were looking a photograph if not for the content.
Is photo-realistic in games the same thing? Or does photo-realistic in games means that the scenes are actually photographed? (I hate that!)
Just wondering, thanks in advance for any answers and comments.

Hey minxs!
"photo-realistic" is trying to have 3D graphics look as much as reality would. Which means that they have very evolved software that calculate lights, reflexions and everything to make you think it could be a photograph. So it's not actually photographed at all. I played the two episodes of the The Fall and the graphics are really great. First one has more natural elements, this one has buildings and offices, but it's really nice too. Compared to other games that look like photographs that have been overlayed with paint, or look like some drawings, photo-realistic games are quite different. If you look close you'll see a lot of fascinating details, I actually spent a lot of time just looking at the details in the scenes in between mini-games. That would make great wallpapers or screensavers.

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Oct 2, 10 8:36 AM
MEGOD wrote:Can anyone tell me what the odds are of turning on a fan & having a sheet of paper go directly into a shredder?

MEGOD

...I'd say in your circumstances, pretty good odds...eh?

Edited on 10/02/2010 at 8:38:25 AM PST

Go to: