Re:Post any Chocolatier: Decadence by Design technical issues here only

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Sep 18, 12 8:40 AM
Okay, enough is enough. I'm playing this game a second time. I completed it and loved it, but I noticed when I reinstalled it to play again, my old profile was gone. No harm done.

There was a minor glitch the first go round, but I ignored it because I thought I'd misread the name of the place where the special order was to be delivered. Not so. I received a telegram stating that I'd run out of time to complete the special order. I didn't check the date at that time. After that, I looked at my quest log. It showed the green dots, indicating that the order had been filled. It was for Rufus Loddington, a character who was staying at the lodge in Cape Town. He had requested 80 cases of coffee with Amaretto to be delivered to said lodge. I got this quest from Felix Baumeister at the coffee factory.

This happened again while I was playing today, but this time, there was a second special order for 60 cases of Mocha for a lady (Agostina Calvino) at the Bonanjo Hotel in Douala. I had 100 cases of Mocha in my inventory, but she would not take it. I'm looking at the quest log now. Her order was due by November 5th, 1949. Rufus's order was due by November 12th, 1949. My game date indicates it is June 25th, 1949! I received a telegram stating that I had run out of time for both orders. This has wasted time that I could've been using to work on other quests as I was using my 2 factories to complete these orders on time. I may have to start with a new profile! And that's not all. I completed a CS survey about an audio issue in the game. The sound and music have been off the whole time, yet I've been hearing frequent, annoying buzzing every few minutes while playing. It reminds me of a sound you sometimes hear while watching an old home movie via an ancient film projector!

What's wrong with these PlayFirst games?! At least I didn't have any issues when I replayed Chocolatier 2 yesterday.

For the record, I have read the help article regarding the game not saving profiles, so I will attempt to run the game as Administrator despite the fact that I am the only person using this computer and I am the Administrator. *sigh*

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 18, 12 11:20 AM
Hi Blooming_Lilac,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having so much trouble with this game!

Adjusting things to run the game in Administrator Mode can definitely help. Even though you are the administrator for the computer, making this change gives the game itself more permissions to do things like create and update save files.

I'm sure our Tech Support Team would be happy to take a look at what's going on with this game and help you troubleshoot too. If you haven't already done so, you can contact them by clicking heresubmit a support ticket via email. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Sep 21, 12 3:27 AM
I wanted to post that my progress was lost in Chocolatier 2, not Chocolatier: Decadence by Design. My apologies.

That said, there is definitely a problem with one or two of the quests, depending on the time you accept them. I deleted all my profiles and reran the game as Administrator. This time I waited to accept the order for the coffee w/Amaretto and completed it just fine that way. I also completed the Easy Money quest (the lady staying at the hotel in Douala). Then, later on, I had 40 cases of Infusions for the Tokyo lady with the glut of cacao, but she did not accept the order. I only needed 31 cases. The dates were off again. At any rate, I completed the game with all the awards.

The feedback from my speakers is still a bit of an annoyance. It doesn't happen with other games.

This is a great series. I just wish the devs would fix the bugs, especially for new players.

sm823
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by sm823 on Oct 10, 12 9:16 PM
Dear BFG: I think there is a glitch in my game because I have the sesame seed truffle recipe but the sesame seeds aren't showing up in Tangiers as they are supposed to. It's been a very long time and I can't advance in the game without the sesame seeds. Is there anything I can do? Do I have to uninstall and restart the whole game?? Please look into this bug. I'm not the only one experiencing it.

[Post New]by vacationmom on Nov 22, 12 1:03 PM
I just began having the same problems...After getting all six factories up and running yesterday, I tried to start playing today and my saved game is no longer there. So I started a new game, all the recipes are greyed out, all the locations (including the hidden locations found later in the game) show locked but can be travelled to. I can't make any progress because it says I must make the 10 Milk Chocolate Bars (for which I have all the ingredients), but says I don't have any recipes.

[Post New]by KuKuKiKi on Nov 28, 12 6:23 PM
Hi !

Choclatier: Decadence by Design is my very first Chocolatier game, and I am hooked I almost didn't buy this game because the reviews kept talking about technical glitches. I gave it a shot, and I'm glad I did.

I have a problem.

There is a quest involving Vanilla Cinnamon Infusions, and Reiko Tsuneda at Nakamise Market in Tokyo. The quest was to bring her 31 cases of Vanilla Cinnamon Infusions by May 28, 1949 in exchange for 1000 sacks of cacao. Well..today is May 28, 1949. I am at the market in Tokyo with 100 cases of Vanilla Cinnamon Infusions..and she is acting like I have come there empty-handed. The only thing she keeps saying is:

"The time is ticking--do you have those Vanilla Cinnamon Infusuions ? I'll hold on to the Cacao for you--but not for much longer".

Now, I don't want her to hold on to the cacao for me. I want her to give me the 1000 sacks of much-need cacao. I also want her to take these infusions. How do I get her to make the exchange ?

I am playing on an iPad 2, 28.5 GB storage, Safari Version 6.0 (10A403).

Thank you in advance for your time, assistance, and attention.

Audio Issues

[Post New]by VinosMom on Dec 24, 12 8:38 PM
Hi!

I've been playing this game and love it! Unfortunately, after playing it for one day, I have had some audio issues come up. I still get sound effects (like clicking), but no background/ambient music or audio will play any more. I've tried re-installing and the same thing happens. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

[Post New]by TheMeeepMoop on Mar 17, 13 7:07 AM
Hello guys I need help on this. The only reason I took an actual picture of my screen instead of a screenshot is because when I screenshotted it it didn't show up the pixelation. I'll attach the screenshot and the picture so you can see both. I tried installing this game two separate times and this showed up both times. I even tried downloading it on a separate computer and putting the install on a flash drive.

Screenshot:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2q2h5yh.jpg

As you can see, it doesn't show anything wrong but when I show you the actual picture of my screen, it just does this.

http://i49.tinypic.com/aa92zr.jpg

ladyshel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ladyshel on May 18, 13 4:01 AM
I'm having a problem with the cloves not becoming available. I've played the game several times and finished it, so it has worked fine before, but now the Bagdad Coffee Shop guy wants me to make the Grog and several of my creation recipes, but I checked in both Morocco and Duoloa (sp) for the cloves. I'm sure they are at one of those locations. It shows an empty spot when you look at the inventory, but neither location will sell me cloves. What gives? I have all the other stuff made and it starts to disappear because the time is going by while I wait for the locations to start selling the cloves I need to make the grog.

I don't want to have to start over again, but I can't see how I can pass this when it doesn't want to sell me the ingredient that I need to make the Grog.

Shel

[Post New]by masnova on Jun 15, 13 11:26 PM
I am having the same issue with being unable to source the cloves for the Grog to complete the quest for the Baghdad store. I have played through many times previously.

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Sep 24, 13 2:46 PM
I own the first two Chocolatier games and love them.....never had a technical problem. But with this third game, there are lots of glitches. I have started over twice now. This last time, I uninstalled and then reinstalled. The first time I went through, I was allowed to invent a milk chocolate bar that I was able to name. Now, I don't have a space in the cookbook, and Felix (?) tells me he has heard of a bar like this somewhere else. But no matter where I go, or who I talk to, nobody tells me the recipe.

I wasn't until I had reinstalled the game that I decided to try flying to the locked ports. Lo and behold, I'm able to fly to any port, even though they look locked.

I have acquired two more factories, besides the original in Zurich. But my Tokyo factory is not running, because it is set up to make an infusion, which requires pecans, and I can't find pecans in any port. I have also been given recipes for all the truffles, and am in the process of making enough of each truffle to give to all the members of the board.

Does anybody have a solution to the milk chocolate bar problem? Also, to finding pecans?

Pat

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Sep 25, 13 2:02 PM
Well, it came to me last night to start over again, but with a different name. So today I did that, and followed the instructions EXACTLY. After I made the first batch of basic chocolates, I bought some milk, and was able to access the recipe for milk chocolate bars. I delivered those, and was given another order: caramel chocolate bars. After delivering those, I got the order for peanut chocolate bars, and then the test kitchen opened up for me, and I invented caramel peanut chocolate clusters, and named them after myself. This time, the ports are opening up only one at a time, which is the way it should be. So, if anybody else was still having the same problems I was having, I suggest starting over with a different name. When I get to the place where I need pecans, and if I can't find them, I'll come back and ask for help again.

Pat Fox

moonweaver
Flounder
Flounder
2,108 Posts

[Post New]by moonweaver on Nov 8, 13 8:22 PM
FINALLY I finished the game! I got stuck near the end, but someone on this board helped me by suggesting I answer yes whenever someone asked if I was feeling lucky. I always ignored those questions because I thought it would involve gambling. But when I answered yes, I was given a new recipe (I was only missing one), and a new port opened up: the Falkland Islands. After that, the one in Central America starting with an X opened up. Once I completed the quests involved with those, I had a technical glitch developed. My money got stuck at $12 million, and I was unable to buy new ingredients, and if I sold my wares, my money didn't increase. Then once I was officially made the head of the company, I was awarded $10 million, fireworks went off, and I was able to buy and sell again. Though there are no more quests, so it would just be for fun.

Pat Fox

SKBE
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by SKBE on Dec 11, 13 6:11 PM
Hi All,

I had a lot of the same issues I see posted about here--then I reinstalled my BF Game Manager and re-downloaded the game and those issues all cleared up.

However, I now have played for many hours and no opps for truffles or coffee blends etc. are showing up. The most recent port that opened for me was either Bogota or Las Vegas and nothing else for a very long time.

I have amassed millions of dollars but all there is for me to do is sell at Tangiers or Kona where I own shops and buy the same old ingredients.

I have recipes for infusions I can't make as I cannot get into Peru.

This has been a really fun game but has now become utterly boring as I swoop around the world in my private jet doing the same exact things over and over. Ah, pity the rich. No challenges left...

What do I have to do to get some new opportunities and challenges to open up?

Thanks for your help.

Edited on 12/11/2013 at 6:12:25 PM PST

SKBE
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by SKBE on Dec 11, 13 9:15 PM
Now I am having the problem again of the game false-starting when I click "play again" in Game Manager and then starting for real when I click a second time but with all my game history wiped out. I had 7 million dollars and tons of assorted what-not inventory and recipes and it is all gone.
Makes playing this incredibly frustrating.

jmb1363
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by jmb1363 on Jan 18, 14 5:55 AM
I have just recently started playing the game again and have a question about an issue that drives me crazy...it doesn't really interfere with me finishing the game or completing tasks, but bugs me all the same.
When I create a recipe, I tend to go for high selling price. The problem is that if I save the game and leave, when I come back in, any recipes I have created will then be at about half the price they were before the save and quit. I know prices go down over time, its not that. I can create something that is selling for 5000, leave the game 5 minutes later, come back and they are now less than 3000. Even if I haven't actually sold any all....is there a patch or a fix anywhere for this?? I can't always play the game all the through in one sitting (I do have a life....lol) and when my first recipe is selling for 4000 it would make a big difference if I could continue producing that all the way through the game. What I end up doing now is if I have to leave the game, I sell off any of my own creations so I am getting the higher price, then rarely make them again unless needed.

Restart... Restart... Restart

[Post New]by Sib22grace on Feb 9, 14 9:32 AM
I've owned this game about 1 1/2 years but I've never reached the end. Twice now when I'm getting close- maybe around the 8th award with about two ports left to open- I will reopen the game to play only to find that my profile no longer exists. I often find that in creating a new profile I get a glitchy run- I have tons of milk chocolate bars but am never allowed to advance or I have tons of chocolate bars with orange but tangiers won't open up to receive them. At first I thought it was me- when my first profile deleted. It's a fun game, so I thought I wouldn't mind trying again. But, after the second time and so many glitchy restarts, I just don't know how much more I can take! I had fun with the first chocolatier, but I'm thinking I won't be buying anymore- it's no fun to never win!

By the way, playing on a Mac.

Thanks.

Go to: