Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight ®

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Oct 2, 10 5:42 PM
It seems ok, but a little too dark and reminds me of the Puppet show which was a little dark also. Don't think I'll get it.

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Oct 2, 10 6:11 PM
Well, my own dilemma is I can't figure out which to buy, the CE or the standard version. I hoped, as someone asked earlier, to see comments on the length of play. As someone else mentioned, I tend to ignore the reports of finishing too quickly, because what with my vision, etc, I'm not that good at these games. On the other hand, if lots of people say it's too short, I don't buy the game. THIS one tho...the first was awesome. When the CE for this one came out, I knew I would get it as soon as "money day" rolled around...and now...sigh, here I sit, on the fence, wondering which one to go for, the CE or the standard. Still smiling, but perplexed now.

[Post New]by Laurette6669 on Oct 2, 10 6:38 PM
My download seems to have a quirk to it....in the room after the lions...the book to the left, the one with the piece of paper showing the fan belt and numbers....won't stay open....it flashes open unless I hold down the mouse button, then I can't pick up the paper.....any suggestions?? it seems to have stopped me in my tracks

Other then that, I did love the first one....and I'm sure I will like this one too....the graphics are amazing

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Oct 2, 10 6:41 PM
The graphics in this game are awesome. I love the artwork. That was all I really loved.
The rest of the game was just ok. Not great but not bad either. The ideas in the game seem to be so abstract. Half the time I had no clue what to do next and when I found the answer I was confused about how I was supposed to figure it out. Towards the end of the game there is a little story time. Boring. By this point I think most players know the story and don't need it retold. Seems to me they were trying to make the game longer.
I would consider the game to be on the short side. About 3 hours of game time for me. But I did get bored towards the end so I looked for outside help a lot faster because I was bored.
The ending said to be continued. I hope they do better next time.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Oct 2, 10 7:12 PM
I guess I'm odd man out. I have the first of this game & was anxious for the new one to come out. I don't like this one..it's too back & forth for me. Could be my mood too lol..I'll try again later. But good luck to those of you who like it!!

[Post New]by doudiebanger2 on Oct 2, 10 11:50 PM
I have played alot of games, but this is my favorite. I truly enjoyed it. I did'nt want it to end. Good job , well done.

[Post New]by katieg1776 on Oct 3, 10 12:57 AM
I really enjoyed this game but have to say that I am really grateful for the walkthrough.
Also, I usually LOVE puzzles but wound up skipping a lot of them in this game because they were just too much work and weren't fun for me. Otherwise, another really enjoyable installment in a very good series.

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Oct 3, 10 2:39 AM
Mr_Russ wrote:
lilybludog wrote:I cannot get down the stairs in the popup book.There is no arrow pointing down.I'm sure I've done all the steps up to that point.I've finished all the seasons,etc.HELP
You're trying to do the impossible and you missed the significance of the cutscene when you got the the stairs to appear in the popup book in the first place.
You have opened up the real stairs next to the popup book.

I don't see any stair's next to the pop up, maybe I need new glasses.... I will go back and keep looking.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 3, 10 3:08 AM
The popup book is on a pedestal in the middle of a circular platform initially.
When you get the stairs in the book to appear, that platform becomes a spiral staircase. There is a cutscene for this.

When you come back here, don't go in close to the book but move the cursor left and down from the pedestal and you will see a thin down arrow to go down your new steps.

Edited on 10/03/2010 at 3:09:23 AM PST

hookt
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by hookt on Oct 3, 10 9:57 AM
Love this game. Had to have it. Bought Standard Edition.

Also love the first one, Drawn: The Painted Tower, and I feel this one is just as good if not better. More interactive things to do here, which I like. Found myself thoroughly going over every scene with the mouse to be sure I didn't miss picking up an object for my inventory.

Played in Casual Mode, but will have to try Expert Mode when I replay. Graphics are great. Music is great. I like the storyline.

Well worth the $6.99 price. Looking forward to the next installment in this series.

Great work Big Fish!

I'm hookt on Drawn!

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Oct 3, 10 11:40 AM
henri59 wrote:If I had it I would have bet a million dollars that Big Fish was gonna wait until after the 1st of October to release the regular version of this game. I had 4 punches on my card. I figured when it came out I would buy it and another game and get my 6 punches for my credit. I knew when 3 weeks had gone by and it still hadn't come out that they were waiting for the 1st so that we wouldn't use this game to get our free credit. I think that stinks. Every time a collector's edition has come out, the regular version has come out 2 to 3 weeks after. I imagine they put the collector's edition out on the 1st of Sept. so people would have to start a new punch card and then decided they would wait until the 1st of Oct. to release the regular version for the same reason. I would have spent $10 to $14 to fill up my card. Now I'm ticked off and I'm just going to wait until I get my credit to buy this.

BigFish is a business. It wants to make money. In fact it NEEDS to make money so it can keep providing great games at great prices, not to mention trivial things like paying rent, salaries, utilities and such.
Other sites (like GameHouse) don't have nearly as many games or nearly as much variety. A little patience and you'll get the game with a credit. Why waste energy on being angry?

sea_maid
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by sea_maid on Oct 3, 10 3:41 PM
Loved the game.The ending was especially exciting.

If there was one thing I didn't really like was that it was a bit shorter than The Painted Tower. Otherwise, it's better in every other way possible. And if the last lines are true, there will be another installment of the series.Hopefully, it will be even better than the first two.

[Post New]by lilybludog on Oct 3, 10 8:00 PM
thanks Mr.Russ.Found it.

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Oct 3, 10 8:15 PM
Genet1770 wrote:Well, my own dilemma is I can't figure out which to buy, the CE or the standard version. I hoped, as someone asked earlier, to see comments on the length of play. As someone else mentioned, I tend to ignore the reports of finishing too quickly, because what with my vision, etc, I'm not that good at these games. On the other hand, if lots of people say it's too short, I don't buy the game. THIS one tho...the first was awesome. When the CE for this one came out, I knew I would get it as soon as "money day" rolled around...and now...sigh, here I sit, on the fence, wondering which one to go for, the CE or the standard. Still smiling, but perplexed now.

I agree and waited for se but still not sure which I will buy since I have not seen any postings of how many extras other than wallpaper are in the ce. Decisions, decisions...otherwise a great game.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Oct 3, 10 9:42 PM
Solgud wrote:I´m so impressed by the demo that buying isn´t even a question for me! The only "problem" I found is that because of my very bad memory I´m going to have to play the first one again to fully remember where I am in the story... But of course I loved the first one so that´s not really a real problem!

I agree, I must play the first one again too, so I can remember the whole story from the beginning. I can't remember it either. Blame it on my (senior citizen moments). However, there has been some mixed opinions regarding the length of the two editions SE & CE. I have played both demos SE & CE, and they both stopped less than an hour, saying you must buy the full edtion to continue. I stopped at the beginning of chapter 4 while playing the SE. I was able to get that far because, I had played the CE, and (remembered) what to do from that. So, I'll probably get the SE of this game. I haven't started my October game card yet. Either way, it's a buy for me!

lynn009
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by lynn009 on Oct 3, 10 10:33 PM
The length of a game differ according to the person playing, so no one can really tell you how long a game is.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

How long is this version of the game?

[Post New]by netnanna on Oct 4, 10 12:58 AM
Classicaljazz wrote:Hello all,

I noticed a couple of other posts inquiring about the length of this version of the game, but there were only one or two replies. With so few responding, it is hard to estimate a reliable average. Could several of you who have completed this game take a couple of minutes to post how long it took you from start to finish?
Customer Service said the Collector's Edition of this game is not compatable with my computer, so I wasn't able to even try it. So it will be extra disappointing if I buy this version only to find it is a brief 1 1/2 - 2 hours long.

Classicaljazz

I can only think that people who complained that it was too short, used walkthroughs and skipped puzzles!! I was delighted with the length of this game, played and normal pace and only asking Franklin for help when I was lost as to what to do next, and getting completely engrossed in the puzzles, it has taken me HOURS! Best value game I've played in a long time. The puzzles were unique, and with consentration and thought, I solved all but one.
Delightful artwork, help when needed, no click penalty, wonderful voice acting, they all add up to a truly lovely game, and very re-playable too.

Edited on 10/04/2010 at 1:00:18 AM PST

lilflirt
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lilflirt on Oct 4, 10 7:29 AM
I PLAYED THE DEMO FOR DRAWN 2 AND LIKED IT SO I BOUGHT IT. NOW I'M AS FAR AS THE CHILD'S STATUE AND IT JUST KEEPS LOADING AND WILL NOT CONTINUE THE GAME.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Oct 4, 10 7:35 AM
finally finished, awesome game, as i thought it would be! i especially love the puzzles, they can take a bit of time, but are worth it!
beautiful graphics, very imaginative game play..and there is going to be another one! can't wait!

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Oct 4, 10 7:40 AM
grumpy1123 wrote:Can someone please explain the story in this game? Do the pictures somehow turn into real places or what? I'm very confused. I'm not sure about buying this 2nd one, as I have trouble getting anywhere without understanding what's going on. I usually love adventure HOGS, but this one really has me baffled. Thanks.

I am thinking you haven't played the first installment? drawn - the painted tower, i would suggest playing this one before, as it will give you a better understanding of the game, and make it easier to play this one.
yes some of the story is inside the drawings/paintings/books, but there is also a bit to do outside of these. it really is worth having a go, awesome game! but like i said try the painted tower first, then this one if you enjoy it

Go to: