Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Aerie - Spirit of the Forest

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Oct 1, 10 1:05 PM
Further to my earlier question, I can't count.

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Oct 1, 10 1:44 PM
I find this one a nice relaxing TM game, unlike Royal Envoy which was more hectic but I liked that one too.
My trial has expired so will buy when there is a sale.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Oct 1, 10 2:57 PM
I'm really enjoying this game - it is so sweet and the graphics are clear and well drawn -- just wish I could zoom in to see those cute little bunnies better!

It is a very gentle TM that does not penalize you if you don't finish in the allotted time. Just wish I knew how many levels it is.

It's def going on my "to buy" list -- just have to wait till my plastic cools down...

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 1, 10 4:56 PM
Three words come to mind -- cute, unique and different. Cute because the characters are different from other time managment games. I enjoyed both the characters and the art work. I didn't find either to be of a cartoon nature. In fact, I believe they did an excellent job with the graphics. Unique because you're not really building a building nor are you rushing to fill orders or like the most recent TM games. Though they too were OK, but I tire of the same old things. This also speaks to the game being different. You have to grow the forest while at the same time gather resources. I loved the bear and the deers. I only completed 10 levels so there might be more animals on the way.

This game was also very relaxing. As others have said, after working my fingers to the bone to complete the My Princess series, I was more they happy for a more relaxed, and very enjoyable game.

This game gets my approval for uniqueness, creativity and pretty good art work. I looking forward to completing the game and seeing whatelse is in stored. I will be using a game credit for this one!!!

I would love to know how may levels there are. Anyone get that far.

Good gaming -- out of 5 --

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 1, 10 8:53 PM
According to a well-known casual-game-review site, there are 35 levels in the game.

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Oct 2, 10 3:47 PM
Sorry, wanted to like it and forced my way thru the demo but lousy graphics, no sense of fun, kind of boring. I like this type of game but this one just didn't have much interest.

dandunte
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dandunte on Oct 2, 10 5:13 PM
I also loved the game. I loved the graphics and the fairyness of it. If you like the other two games listed above you will like this ones also. Almost finished with all gold and so far only have one level I have not got gold yet and it is level 17. I loved the game and thanks to the beta testers on perusing this game.

[Post New]by Kottonmouth on Oct 3, 10 9:05 AM
Mine wouldn't load right came up scrambled colors.
I uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing happened.
Looked like a cute game, sad it wouldn't work.

Liatha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Liatha on Oct 5, 10 10:10 AM
glitterbutterfly wrote:Further to my earlier question, I can't count.

Well where the devil are you finding enough moonstones to complete the 2nd and 3rd temples? Because based on the levels I have completed so far (about 2/3rds of the way through the third realm) I am 2 crystals short of completing both those temples. There arent enough levels in each realm to give enough crystals for the temples.

DD9th
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by DD9th on Oct 9, 10 10:09 AM
I can't seem to get past "The Evening Walk" with the frog on the lily pads. I must be missing something, but there doesn't seem to be any way to get it to jump to land. Anyone have any hints for this?

- Nevermind, I figured it out.

Edited on 10/09/2010 at 10:21:21 AM PST

atmmts
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by atmmts on Oct 9, 10 12:06 PM

Good for you DD9th! Please share the secret with those of us that are stuck on this. I've tried a dozen different ways to do this level with out success.

Thanks much!

Edited on 10/09/2010 at 12:07:46 PM PST

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Oct 9, 10 10:36 PM
i really liked this game. Guess I've kinda been on a roll with this type of game lately. I loved the first MKFTP, the 2nd one, not so much (haven't finished it yet - did they have to make the 2nd one so bloody frustrating?). I'm on the bonus levels of Royal Envoy, but wanted to check this out. I bought it after about 20 minutes. It's charming!

This game has similar mechanics to MKFTP and Royal envoy, but I found it more relaxing and gentler than either of those. It has a sweet story, and I thought the graphics were quite beautiful. I didn't get gold on every level the first time, and I liked having the option to restart the level or continue playing (I usually restarted, but still).

The music is very gentle and soothing, and suited the theme of the game. I liked the overall theme of restoring the land, waking up the animals (who then help you), and so forth.

And yes, once you finish the game, assuming that you've got all the moonstones, just click on whichever temple you didn't completely restore and you can do it. For me, it was the 2nd temple. Or you can go back and replay any levels where you didn't get the moonstone.

I hope to see more from this developer; I quite liked it. 4 stars for me!

Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Oct 17, 10 4:11 AM
Five minutes was all it took.

oakley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by oakley007 on Oct 20, 10 9:31 AM
I played about 15 minutes of the demo. I found the graphics nice and bright, but the game play a little boring. I think this would be a lovely game for younger girls to play.

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Oct 23, 10 3:22 AM
I totally loved this game and really don't understand the negative comments. I thought the graphics were beautiful, not at all 'cartoony'. I played the demo hour straight through and will definately be buying. Maybe it is too 'cutesy' for some people?!

Emmy142
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Emmy142 on Nov 5, 10 10:45 AM
I'm going to give it a mixed review. I do like it and think it is a worthwhile game but there are some issues that are annoying. The lack of moonstones to finish the 2nd build, is just a silly thing. How that got beyond beta testing or it should never even have gotten to the beta level with that. Very silly and poor.

There is an issue with the game saying that something is blocking a path, there is not always one. I finished one level, but wanted to beat it in expert time, so went back to play it. It wouldn't let me move. I had to restart about 4 times before it would let me move and I did nothing different in those times, so that says to me it is the game, not what I am doing.

There is some twitching of the screen, usually I can only see it on the monoliths, they look like they are about to explode However it is pretty small problem on my screen, nothing major.

I do enjoy the game, it is challenging enough without making you want to tear your hair out. You may have to replay or restart a few times to figure out order to do things in but it is not so challenging that you have to stop every 5 minutes and look up online what you should be doing. It is doable to beat.

Overall, happy that I purchased but there are things that could and should be fixed.

Emmy142
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Emmy142 on Nov 5, 10 11:00 AM
Sorry don't mean to serial post but meant to say that yes it is doable to fix all the monuments with moonstones. You get to the end and you will find you have 3 extra moonstones, so you can go back and "fix" the 2nd monument that you couldn't do in the first place....but come on...that is just silly.

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Nov 7, 10 7:47 AM
oakley007 wrote:I played about 15 minutes of the demo. I found the graphics nice and bright, but the game play a little boring. I think this would be a lovely game for younger girls to play.

...Or younger at girls.

I this game for what it is. Also, it's a sweet reprieve between the spooky and more challenging games.

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 7:47:52 AM PST

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Dec 3, 10 7:10 AM
When I trialed this I was quite alarmed by the opening and main story goal... I thought it would be very cheesy... yet I gave it a try and loved it (and bought it).

Yes, this is a ver hippy dippy cute sweet game, but it is probably the only relaxing T MG I have come across (that I can remember, at least). I like dthe graphs, the cheesiest part of the story is the beginning (then we go more down to business although keeping the "new age" spirit ). The difficulty increases as the game progresses although it is not a very hard game even in the end.

What I liked best was that you can actually finish levels even when your timer runs out and that it takes some planning and strategy in order to end all levels within the time limit.

There are some HOGparts, but as far as I saw whether you complete them or not doesn't affect results (I think I got all of them though ).
Maybe this was intended as part of the "no worry/stress dude, peace and love" mood of the developer: If you don't get all healings no problem; if you don't get all HObjects no problem; if you don't finish in time no problem. Personally I found it a nice -and even humorous- twist for a TMG!

There are also some minigames, many of which are a mixture of luck, memory, planning & orientation.

The music is repetitive but didn't bother me, the sound effects I liked (frogs, bears, birds, goats...), IMHO the graphs were a bit small but clear enough and zoologically ok: the "deer" someone mentioned was -according to the game- a "goat" (and as a wild goat I thought it looked good enough). I liked the animation.

My biggest disappointment was that it only has 35 levels... I would have loved to get some more.

Edited on 12/04/2010 at 5:49:19 AM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 26, 11 3:17 PM
Really had to laugh at all the new age, 'hippie dippy', and 'too aerie fairy' comments. I never thought of myself in these ways, but maybe I'm going to have to start because I love this game.
This comes as quite a surprise to me! 60 and I'm recently cooling a bit on my beloved IHOGs and M-3 and tippy-toeing into Strategy, Sim, Building, and Roads games!
MKFTP's timer is just killing me about mid-way on the last island, so this gentle game is very appealing to me right now.
With no timer and no voice yelling at me to HURRY, I am really enjoying it. Yes, as others pointed out, graphics could always be better, but dev's created a game with a gentle positive spirit and that's what I enjoy so much.

Go to: