Walthrough?

Re:Walthrough?

[Post New]by Lilybette on Oct 21, 10 2:09 PM
thanks for the info. So much trouble for me getting expert levels and storehouse didn't seem to be doing anything important. Will go back and try again.

jaege
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by jaege on Oct 23, 10 1:16 PM
There are a few that are impossible to get through on the expert level. I know some folk here "claim" they have done it, but I am doubtful as to their sincerity. There just is not enough time. I have gotten most of them at expert and I can get through the all the levels so far just not in expert time.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 23, 10 3:16 PM
jaege wrote:There are a few that are impossible to get through on the expert level. I know some folk here "claim" they have done it, but I am doubtful as to their sincerity. There just is not enough time. I have gotten most of them at expert and I can get through the all the levels so far just not in expert time.

I got Expert on all levels, no editing of files, and I promise you I am truly sincere. Also I'm not a fast clicker, so I think if I can do it, most people can.

I've already posted a couple of individual level walkthroughs in the forum. If there's a specific level that's tripping you up, start a new topic for it and someone should be able to help you.

One of the main things I found is that you have to not get distracted collecting resources you don't need. In particular, you can use up a lot of food chopping trees that you may not even need the wood for.

Good luck!
Robin

p.s. One of the biggest differences between this game and My Kingdom for the Princess is that in Roads of Rome, adding the 3rd and 4th workers gives you a boost in speed for all workers, sort of like permanent speedy boots. That's essential for getting Expert on some of the levels. So I did tend to add extra workers in this game much earlier than in MKFTP.

Edited on 10/23/2010 at 3:19:47 PM PST

sravy_baby
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by sravy_baby on Oct 23, 10 3:46 PM
jaege wrote:There are a few that are impossible to get through on the expert level. I know some folk here "claim" they have done it, but I am doubtful as to their sincerity. There just is not enough time. I have gotten most of them at expert and I can get through the all the levels so far just not in expert time.

I agree with Robin that it is not that difficult to get Expert levels and that too without editing files.

Adding extra players at the RIGHT time gives excellent speed. Great tip there by Robin.
Upgrading right buildings by being watchful of your resources is another great tip.

Another tip is that you CAN sometimes bypass the main route and do things further on the road. Meaning you do not have to be sequential. For example you have a big rock and there is a storehouse on the other side of the Rock, you do NOT have to remove the rock to build the storehouse, your little men will happily walk around it and build it. You got to try various things instead of being locked down by making assumptions. Then expert times are easily possible. no cheats needed. Cheats are for dumb people.

MKFTP does not have the bypassing so personally I found it much more difficult than this game.

Edited on 10/23/2010 at 3:54:58 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 23, 10 5:18 PM
As sravy_baby mentions, the fact that you can do things out of sequence is another big change from MKFTP, and absolutely essential for some levels if you want to get expert.

The only thing I would disagree with is that it's "easy" to get Expert on all the levels. I found it very challenging on some levels , and several I only made by a few seconds. But as I mentioned, I'm not a fast clicker, so I absolutely believe it would be easy for some people. Just not everyone.

But do think getting Expert is possible for most players. Sravy_baby's point about challenging your assumptions is also very important. Oh, and more than once I found the hint at the start of a level to be misleading. It might point out that there were no bulidiings to generate food--but there would be more than enough renewing berry bushes, and the real resource you would run short of was gold or stone.

So the hints are good at pointing out features you might not have noticed, but you do need to come up with your own strategy.

Robin

sravy_baby
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by sravy_baby on Oct 23, 10 6:45 PM
Oh well ... I am saying easy probably because I played each level SO MANY times

After all some levels were very hard. For example the level 36, I didn't dared to play for expert score again.

jaege
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by jaege on Oct 24, 10 7:52 AM
I am sorry, but I find it hard to believe you. Some of the ones with the castles are not possible with the time allotted to get an expert score. There is just not enough time.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 24, 10 10:29 AM
jaege wrote:I am sorry, but I find it hard to believe you. Some of the ones with the castles are not possible with the time allotted to get an expert score. There is just not enough time.

Well, it's easy to check : just start a topic in the forum with the level number of any level that you are having a problem with, and I'm sure someone can give you a specific walkthrough for that level that will meet the Expert time. Then you can see it for yourself. But we can't help until you give a specific level number.

Robin

p.s. If you don't know how to start a new topic, just list the level numbers here, and I'll start the topics for you.

Edited on 10/24/2010 at 10:45:07 AM PST

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Oct 24, 10 11:26 AM
I have accomplished expert on all levels as well. I may have had to try it 3 or 4 times, but it can be done. You just have to try a different tactic than what you are currently doing. If you heed sravy_baby's and Robin's advice, you should be able to get it.

I also agree with Robin, that we can't help you with a specific level unless you tell us which one it is.

jaege
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by jaege on Oct 25, 10 3:41 PM
Actually, I have tried peoples WTs to no avail. To be honest, I do not get as far that way. Number 9 is the level that sticks in my head although most of the castle levels get me. I will just have to except that I am not a "fast clicker". I have never been good at games that require the lightning fast arcade dexterity of teenagers anyway. I guess you need some of that for this game.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Oct 25, 10 5:59 PM
jaege wrote:Actually, I have tried peoples WTs to no avail. To be honest, I do not get as far that way. Number 9 is the level that sticks in my head although most of the castle levels get me. I will just have to except that I am not a "fast clicker". I have never been good at games that require the lightning fast arcade dexterity of teenagers anyway. I guess you need some of that for this game.

I know what you mean about the fast clicker issue! I'm amazed at how quickly some people get through things!

I posted an Expert walkthrough for level 9 yesterday. Why don't you take a look at it? That's definitely a tricky level, but I eventually worked out a system that worked pretty well even for slow clickers.

Good luck!
Robin

jaege
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by jaege on Oct 25, 10 7:52 PM
I saw it. I will give it a shot. Thanks.

[Post New]by PawPawslilPixie on May 25, 12 9:53 AM
I am a little late to the issue, but I just bought this game during the Mother's day sale this yr. Admittedly I did use I believe it was "Robins" walkthrough for level 28 (Episode 3.8) but I was able with trial and error and multiple repeated plays on a few levels to get expert on all levels. I am a perfectionist on these games and don"t give up easily until I have expert. But, Yes! it Can be done!!

Go to: