rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Venus: The Case of the Grand Slam Queen

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Oct 5, 10 9:16 AM
I been waiting for a good game since Friday. All we been getting is junkly terrible games. Why are all the good games priced at $13.99?

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Oct 5, 10 9:43 AM
Thank you all for your comments. I won't waste my time downloading this to demo it.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Oct 5, 10 9:57 AM
I totally agree with all the comments before me. Even though I had read the earlier comments on this game, I thought I'd d/l it just to see. Well - PRETTY BAD !! I only got about 5 minutes into the game - hated the 1st thing of having to take pictures !! DUMB - and like others, I really hate spot the differences !! but only got as far as finding about 4 pictures - then deleted the game !!

Where's the good games ???? I've only bought 4 since beginning of September !

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Oct 5, 10 10:25 AM
As Wipeyourpaws said somewhere in this forum, I tried to like the game but I only lasted 10 minutes.... I'll join the others : where are the good games ? (May be the last James Patterson ?) Couldn't stand it any longer so I bought the CE of Black Cat (very good game) but what do I do with my 3 punch card codes ?????????? All good games are CE.

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Oct 5, 10 10:51 AM
This was beyond awful. I can't believe I lasted even 5 minutes. Waiting patiently for something good to come along.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Oct 5, 10 11:13 AM
I've done dozens of comments and reviews in the BFG forums and all of them (up 'til now) have been based on most (if not all) of the demo and a lot from the whole game. This is an exception--I can tell from the screenshots and the video that this is one inane attempt at marketing. This is a "Grand Slam-It-Down-Our-Throats" try to use up those punch card credits which came out yesterday. Come on--"let's see if we can find what we need to make coffee." "Wonder if I can find my 12 floral print dresses." "I want to take a photo of my fingernails." Gimme a break.

I had thought about gifting this to my granddaughter--glad I didn't, because it would be a giant insult to her adolescent intelligence. Five stars to all the previous fishies who commented that I should save the space on my hard drive for something more worthy. One star to this self-aggrandizement game.

[Post New]by yuki222 on Oct 5, 10 11:38 AM
Well, I got through the ridiculously picky photo shoot, found all the fashion pictures and objects in the next scene, skipped past the dialog, then tried to get to the next phase. It took me right back to Chapter One where I had to go through the photo shoot *again*. I took a few photos, exited the game to see whether it saves my progress, and sure enough, had to start all over again. That's an immediate no buy for me.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Oct 5, 10 11:42 AM
I'm usually pretty forgiving of a HOG that doesn't live up to my expectations but as far as I'm concerned, this game is about the lamest I've seen in a very long time. I only lasted 15 minutes in the demo before deleting it. Graphics and set-up are about 2 years in the past. Disco music is 20 years in the past. Story? Just plain stupid. Time for me to visit my purchase history and re-download one of my golden oldies; even something I've played before would be better than this.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Oct 5, 10 11:43 AM
yuki222 wrote:Well, I got through the ridiculously picky photo shoot, found all the fashion pictures and objects in the next scene, skipped past the dialog, then tried to get to the next phase. It took me right back to Chapter One where I had to go through the photo shoot *again*. I took a few photos, exited the game to see whether it saves my progress, and sure enough, had to start all over again. That's an immediate no buy for me.

Yuki, this happened to me to until I realized what the game does not make clear to you; you click on the symbol for the next chapter and it asks you for the password which is something from the chapter before.

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Oct 5, 10 11:47 AM
I actually wanted to like this game, after reading all the comments. I thought, 'they have to wrong, it can't be that bad'. But it is that bad.
The first part where you are taking pictures got on my nerves so quickly. It says that once it's in the 'green' area, you should be fine to take the picture, but nope, you have to be in the 'exact' place and it sometimes takes a while to find it. It actually frustrated me and when a game frustrates me, it's an instant no-buy. I play the game to have fun, not to be frustrated. I didn't go past that point. I uninstalled.

I have to go along with the other fishies and wonder where are all the good 6.99 games? There used to be a good amount of them, but now they seem to be few and far between. I sat on two credits for almost two months, until I bought the latest JPWMC game and another game I have forgotten already. All the good games seem to be CEs.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Oct 5, 10 12:01 PM
When I saw this game posted, I said goodie-goodie a game with a sport that I enjoy playing. BUT, once I started playing I was greatly disappointed. Why you ask . . .?

1. Let's start with the sluggishness of the game. The characters talk very slowly and the customized pointer is also very sluggish. You can not change this in the option menu. Not a good thing.

2. Some items when you click on them, nothing happens. You have to keep clicking, a bad thing since you loose time.

3. Speaking of time. What's the point of a timed game if you're not earning something for it?

4. Right off the back, you have to take "studie photos" of various areas. One of my personal dislikes. Having to do this once, OK, but more than that, I'm out of here.

Since I believe it's good to try and comment on something good about a game, I will say that the graphics were OK. They were pretty clear. Sometimes I play a game for both the storyline and the game play. At other times, I just play for the game play and ignore the storyline. With this game, I would ignore the storyline and just play the game, BUT, not a good game at that because of my previous comments.

-- Of course, not purchase for me and I probably will not buy even at a DD.

Meldandy
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Meldandy on Oct 5, 10 12:11 PM
Between the narcissitic angle and the stalker plot line, this was a no-go from the get-go. Since it wasn't too long ago that a female tennis pro had a very real stalker, this is an inappropriate story choice. I'm repulsed.

Four20
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Four20 on Oct 5, 10 12:35 PM
Another yawner. Back to the poker tables.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Oct 5, 10 1:06 PM
This is a poor excuse of a game. It was like the developers were trying to make what they thought a HOG should be. After I have played games like Dire Grove, Drawn, Puppet Show, Reincarnation, Edgar Allen Poe etc. I like games that are at least a 4 out of 5 star rating. So far, my October game card is still blank. Come on BF what do you have up your sleeves for us?. Or should I say (FINS). I'm waiting for a special. Call it OCTOBERFEST, FALLFALLOUT, BEGOODTOFISHESDAY, maybe that one is too long. But call it whatever you want, just do it!!!

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Oct 5, 10 1:39 PM
KathyGriggs wrote:I just want to warn you fishies that you best find or remember everything so you will know the password to unlock the next chapter because there's no going back to research. I thought I knew the answer for chapter 2, but couldn't get in to play it. My opinion of this game.......YUCK!

Actually, I didn't remember any of them; but they are all in the journal, just open it to look them up.

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Oct 5, 10 2:12 PM
I'd like to demo this one but given the comments, I'm not going to bother. I really don't like tennis or the "sisters" anyway, so I'll pass.

[Post New]by nkechi on Oct 5, 10 3:10 PM
Really enjoyed the demo. Had 8 minutes to spare.

[Post New]by Vivance on Oct 5, 10 4:02 PM
Well, I'm having trouble right off due to when I click to take a picture, nothing happens...and my mouse is new. Any advice?

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Oct 5, 10 4:31 PM
Thanx for confirming my first impression when I saw the game - I won't even bother

Pixielate
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Pixielate on Oct 5, 10 4:42 PM
Sheesh...another boring, boring game with lots of conversation.

Pix

Go to: