Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fishdom: Seasons Under the Sea

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 7, 10 8:23 AM
The graphics are well done. The gameplay can be either timed or relaxed. I prefer relaxed as this game is all about relaxing. The M3 makes money to supply your tank with goodies. This game was a lot of fun. Tanks can earn bronze, silver or gold medals gaining you more tanks. Have fun.

This game is an A.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Oct 7, 10 8:27 AM
jddrn, if you have never played ANY Fishdom games before, starting with this holiday pack might be a good idea because it is really the basic game play. I am a Fishdom "grouper" (hahaha). I have them all and love them all.

One nice thing about Seasons is that you can choose any tank and switch back and forth between all 3 tanks right at the beginning. It's really fun to see the different backgrounds and the decorating options that are themed, especially the most expensive fish which is appropriate to the holiday. You still can earn bombs to clear tough areas with multiple matches.

Fishdom 2 starts you out with 1 tank but then you must earn enough money to buy your next tanks. I do love the 3 themes in this game--western, Poseiden and Egyptian. The decorating choices are amazing and you get ideas for creating your own tanks by seeing how the backgrounds are decorated. Another twist is the gem hunt after every 5th game (I think). You either earn a new fish that you can't buy or you get money in the later stages. I love the gem hunt even though it is very easy. I think the game play is more challenging in this one, too.

I'm not sure if I will buy Seasons at this time since I already have the original Halloween and Christmas games. If it ever appears as a DD, though, I'm all over it. Good luck fishing, jddrn.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Oct 7, 10 9:39 AM

Lovely Fishdom game, but it's more of the same - too similar to the first one.
lf l wanne play Fishdom, l can repeat playing nr. 1.
l don't waist my money on a copy.

owlgirl61
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by owlgirl61 on Oct 7, 10 9:51 AM
Yawn! Just the same as all the others - borriinnggg!!!

kimbacat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kimbacat on Oct 7, 10 9:53 AM
what do the fish thinking of feeding and a nurse want? they have all the comfort stuff.

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Oct 7, 10 9:57 AM
Add my name to the list of Fishdom fans. I love the colorful layouts, wide variety in board design and option to play timed or untimed. I also enjoy the music more than with most other series. This is a definite buy for me.the question is whether or not I am patient enough to wait to get a credit.

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Oct 7, 10 11:47 AM
Went for a 5 minute spin. Glad to see the larger boxes back. I still wish they would let us decorate more than the bottom third of the screen. Will probably buy at some point. Just took my first Fishdom dive earlier this year so I am only about level 1200 so far.

[Post New]by Serf2CavSpaniel on Oct 7, 10 12:20 PM
Being a Match-3 fan (as long as the games are well made) I already have some of the Fishdom series, but they're spread out over both a Mac and PC. I decided this one was a definite BUY because the graphics were big enough to read easily on the laptop's 15.5" screen. Fishdom 2 got passed by after I trialed it because the graphics seemed too small and rather plain-jane to me.

In this new version, however, those cute little holiday themed tokens are now much easier to see, making the gameplay less likely to induce an eyestrain headache.

Other features that made this a MUST BUY for me were:

1. Relaxed, timer-free mode of play. I HATE timers, especially since I occasionally must instantly drop everything to let His Majesty out, let him back in or just make sure he isn't getting into mischief.

2. Some brand new tanks, fish, comfort essentials and decorations to outfit your aquariums in addition to the standbys.

3. New background music that is pleasant and unobtrusive, yet still Fishdom-like.
---> Edit: My Bad! Same music as before, I just didn't recognize the Thanksgiving tunes, since I haven't played that segment before. All of the same Spooky and Frosty Splash background ditties are still there. Unlike most game music, which I mute, Fishdom music is pretty interesting, cheery and inoffensive.

4. Three, yes THREE, new, customizable, winter holiday themed screen savers- all in one game.And you can "photograph" your tank at any time, just like previous versions. Such a bargain! . If you don't have any of the franchise or just one, this is a great bargain.

Now, I'm just waiting, like a bunch of the other Fishdom Fishies here, for a Springtime Splash- with Yellow Tangs sporting pink plush bunny ears, underwater Dutch tulip gardens, and nests full of colored eggs with the Chicken of the Sea setting on them.

Edited on 10/09/2010 at 11:58:00 AM PST

Mapsman
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Mapsman on Oct 7, 10 4:31 PM
I hate Match 3, but I thought I had a Fishdom that was a hidden object instead. Is my memory faulty? This one is a no buy even though I love the concept of a holiday-decorated tank.

dandello
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by dandello on Oct 7, 10 4:36 PM
Mapsman wrote:I hate Match 3, but I thought I had a Fishdom that was a hidden object instead. Is my memory faulty? This one is a no buy even though I love the concept of a holiday-decorated tank.

There is a hidden odyseey fishdom. I have that too and love it and I normally don't like HOGs!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 7, 10 7:03 PM
I'm very happy for all the Fishdom fans. Enjoy!

Personally, Fishdom games are good daily deals to me. I've been demo-ing a new Jewel Quest game on another site - Jewel Quest The Sleepless Star - and I'll be looking forward to BF offering it, since they've been offering others of the Jewel Quest series now.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Oct 8, 10 12:06 AM
Definitely a game to get. I purchased this game for $19.95 on the company's site. It is a 3 in one. Spooky. Harvest, and Frosty. I don't regret buying it. I bought it once for myself. Then they were having a deal. You could get Fishdom 2 Premium and this game. So I bought it again along with Fishdom 2 Premium and I e-mailed someone a copy of Fishdom Under The Sea.

Playrix did not have a problem with that being I bought it twice. Playrix games are good and Playrix is a good company. I can't wait till Rustic Manor comes out this fall.

Edited on 10/08/2010 at 12:07:09 AM PST

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Oct 8, 10 12:09 AM
dandello wrote:
Mapsman wrote:I hate Match 3, but I thought I had a Fishdom that was a hidden object instead. Is my memory faulty? This one is a no buy even though I love the concept of a holiday-decorated tank.

There is a hidden odyseey fishdom. I have that too and love it and I normally don't like HOGs!

Me neither, but I have that game too and you are right it is a great game.

dandunte
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dandunte on Oct 8, 10 8:46 AM
I also love the Fishdoms but I was disappointed with this one because all they did was merge them. Nothing that new, the fishes, goodies same old tired stuff. Come on game developers give us something wonderful, different aquariums(like the ones in the background for the games), different types of fish other than the ones we have been using. Spice it up please, I would love to buy it, but I won't because all I have to do is reload one of the other ones and have basically the same thing.

[Post New]by MemereNarbonne on Oct 8, 10 2:58 PM
I love the game. However, I'm new at this and now I'm stuck at Level 16 because I can't get rid of the separate little box at the bottom . Any advice.?... please and thanks.

dandunte
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by dandunte on Oct 8, 10 4:54 PM
MemereNarbonne wrote:I love the game. However, I'm new at this and now I'm stuck at Level 16 because I can't get rid of the separate little box at the bottom . Any advice.?... please and thanks.

couple of ways is to get the lighten power up and then attach it to a piece that is like what is the box. Another way is to get a huge power up to the very edge of one of the sides or top and bottoms and explode it, that will clear the box you can't reach.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Oct 9, 10 3:44 AM
dandunte wrote: I also love the Fishdoms but I was disappointed with this one because all they did was merge them. Nothing that new, the fishes, goodies same old tired stuff. Come on game developers give us something wonderful, different aquariums(like the ones in the background for the games), different types of fish other than the ones we have been using. Spice it up please, I would love to buy it, but I won't because all I have to do is reload one of the other ones and have basically the same thing.

It was a good deal for people who didn't have them. I had Frosty and Spooky, but I traded them in and got other games in their place because I didn't get them long before I got this deal. It wasn't on Bigfish.

troia45
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by troia45 on Oct 9, 10 10:57 AM
I love the fishdom games, and this was a buy for me!
Love the screen savers and the graphics.
Great games for just relaxing, but I do play all
of them timed just to keep me awake!

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Oct 10, 10 2:47 PM
This was an immediate buy for me even though the only others I have is the hidden object one and I think 2. It is very well done and what I really like the most is the sounds...very watery, very softly clickety, bubbley sounds. I also wish they would give us more room to decorate though. They give us so much to decorate with, but very little space to put it in. Still all in all extremely soothing and fun.

Demiguise
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Demiguise on Oct 11, 10 10:43 AM
When I first saw the title "Seasons Under the Sea", I thought it would be the four seasons, and I think there could be some very cute tank designs for that (designers, if you're listening, maybe that could be a future one? :heart . Once I read a few reviews, I realized what it actually was, but still grabbed it. As other people have said, you know what you're getting with this series, and that's always a fun time; especially now that they've allowed the untimed play (I don't know how many times I'd be down to one box, not be able to get the match, and have my timer run out. Many bad words have been said over that). I think my favorite set is the Thanksgiving one, but maybe it's because it's the newest selection.

Go to: