Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat -stuck washing machine & soap

[Post New]by genuine1234 on Oct 20, 10 4:42 AM
I discovered my mistake. I should have pointed the arrow down to go to another room where the sink is. I should have read the walk through a bit more carefully.

No need to reply.

I realize that the walk through changes depending on each individual's process in going through the game.

I find myself stuck again. I need the grater to make flake soap. I also can't find a way to fill the bucket with water and the handle that operates the washing machine. I checked the walk through but I am not able to get the grater.

Thanks for helping.

Edited on 10/20/2010 at 4:59:27 AM PST

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat forum

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 20, 10 4:58 AM
Hi genuine1234,

Welcome to the pond!

The walkthrough stays the same but you can choose to do certain events in different orders.

The grater is found in the sink in the lab, when you head to the room on the right. This is also where you will fill your bucket of water.

The screenshot here will give you a better idea of what the room looks like.

The washing machine handle (or washing machine turnwheel) is obtained upon completion of the hidden object scene on your way to the estate. Here is another screenshot to give you an idea of the scene you are looking for

Hope this is helpful!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by jjoseph67 on Oct 20, 10 9:48 AM
I did contact customer support and got an incident ticket. Funny thing is they never got back to me. Go figure. I even tried deleting and reinstalling the game. Seemed like it was worse.

I don't recommend purchasing this game.

All the other ones worked fine.

[Post New]by litabiz25 on Oct 22, 10 7:45 PM
Im stuck at the door with the newspaper i keep sliding it under the door and the key isnt appearing so i am stuck at this point and very frustrated

[Post New]by alicestorm on Oct 22, 10 8:03 PM
I been trying to play the trail run of the game, and the game keeps kicking me off to where it says I have 55 seconds to play..I like the game so far but don`t want to buy the game if this will happen all through the game.. any patches for this game?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 23, 10 4:57 AM
litabiz25 wrote:Im stuck at the door with the newspaper i keep sliding it under the door and the key isnt appearing so i am stuck at this point and very frustrated
You'll be there forever if you keep doing that. There are two separate operations, some time apart. It will be a while before you can push the key onto the newspaper.

[Post New]by litabiz25 on Oct 23, 10 9:50 AM
WHAT DO I DO TO CONTINUE THE GAME

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 24, 10 10:52 AM
That depends on what you have in your inventory. What do you have?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 24, 10 10:54 AM
alicestorm wrote:I been trying to play the trail run of the game, and the game keeps kicking me off to where it says I have 55 seconds to play..I like the game so far but don`t want to buy the game if this will happen all through the game.. any patches for this game?
There is something wrong with the trial. As it's a sample version it shouldn't have a timer at all. The full game is fine though.

[Post New]by Tria4564 on Oct 24, 10 5:57 PM
In Chapter 6, we are to put the maget atop the glass jar to retrieve a gear. I cannot get the maget to actually retrieve the gear. What am I doing wrong?

Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat forum

[Post New]by kcbrinkley on Oct 26, 10 7:58 PM
genuine1234 wrote:I am stuck at the coach. I cannot get the bar to work on the door nor the statue. Advice? Thanks.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Oct 26, 10 10:39 PM
Tria4564 wrote:In Chapter 6, we are to put the maget atop the glass jar to retrieve a gear. I cannot get the maget to actually retrieve the gear. What am I doing wrong?

once you have the magnet o top of the jar, using your mouse move it down to the gear, and then release the mouse button, it should then attach to the gear and pull to top of jar.

[Post New]by foryoutaz on Oct 27, 10 6:39 PM
can anyone help me with this game? i am @ the part where i need something to get up to the top of the fountain in the garden to clean the moss. I have the string from the violin on the table & the brush on the table but i need a handle to attach to the brush. I also need a handle for the organ. Thank You.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 28, 10 10:23 AM
foryoutaz wrote:can anyone help me with this game? i am @ the part where i need something to get up to the top of the fountain in the garden to clean the moss. I have the string from the violin on the table & the brush on the table but i need a handle to attach to the brush. I also need a handle for the organ. Thank You.
Wet sack of sand.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 28, 10 10:24 AM
litabiz25 wrote:WHAT DO I DO TO CONTINUE THE GAME
You will need a working wind-up organ. Look closely.

[Post New]by MeMakeswaves on Oct 28, 10 8:39 PM
Hi, I'm stuck in Chapter 4. I've separated the file blade and am trying to pick up the cloth to wrap around it to protect my hands. However, the cursor changes into a hand, but won't pick up the cloth. I've done everything else in the game up to this point, but now I'm stuck. Is there a problem with my game, that it won't let me pick up the cloth? I've tried MULTIPLE times. Thanks!

Hey, I figured it out!!! Duh.....

Edited on 10/29/2010 at 9:22:55 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 30, 10 10:04 AM
MeMakeswaves wrote:Hi, I'm stuck in Chapter 4. I've separated the file blade and am trying to pick up the cloth to wrap around it to protect my hands. However, the cursor changes into a hand, but won't pick up the cloth. I've done everything else in the game up to this point, but now I'm stuck. Is there a problem with my game, that it won't let me pick up the cloth? I've tried MULTIPLE times. Thanks!

Hey, I figured it out!!! Duh.....
Yes. You aren't alone.
For anyone else stuck at this point, you don't pick it up. Drag and drop.

ebwiz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Carriage won't move

[Post New]by ebwiz on Nov 5, 10 4:03 AM
I know I need a mouse (have cage and cheese) and I know I need to move the carriage (I have steel bar, rapier and fireworks). But how do I work them? Where is the door handle? Where is the mouse? Where do I put the two keys I have (eagle lion) and where do I find a tiger key?

I am so stuck, any answer to any one of these questions would be so helpful.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Nov 5, 10 5:12 AM
Hi ebwiz,

Welcome to the pond!

Wow, that's quite a few queries, have you tried checking out the complete walkthrough here by any chance ?

You can find the answers you need and some handy screenshots too!

And if you're still finding it hard to complete some sections of the game, just post in here and the fishies will be happy to assist you .

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by dinkydao07 on Nov 6, 10 11:41 PM
I was gifted Black Cat but I can't download. It says something about my C:drive being external or not connected. What do I do?

Go to: