Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat technical issues here only

[Post New]by DREADLOCKS4U on Oct 12, 10 5:01 PM
So I am wondering what the solution is for me on this game. I'm not sure because out of the many games I've bought here, I've never had a problem where I couldn't play the game.

Do I just sit it out and wait for BFG to give an update, or do I conclude that I will not be able to play this game and ask for a credit?

brammie5
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat technical issues here only

[Post New]by brammie5 on Oct 12, 10 8:06 PM
I don't see my issue here yet. I have done the hidden object games in the upper left hall, but was not given the plate that I need to go on. I need the code off the plate to get into the door at the back of the hall, Do I need to restart from the beginning??

[Post New]by iwikAB on Oct 12, 10 8:20 PM
I couldnt get the game to open at all, first in trial version then full version. Have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted everything I can think of. Now I have tried to uninstall but would not uninstall entire programme. Found where components are still on comp and tried to delete however I receive

error message 0x80004002....on interface supported.

Please can someone help

Mystdee2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Mystdee2 on Oct 13, 10 3:17 PM
I am having this same problem!

iwikAB wrote:I couldnt get the game to open at all, first in trial version then full version. Have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted everything I can think of. Now I have tried to uninstall but would not uninstall entire programme. Found where components are still on comp and tried to delete however I receive

error message 0x80004002....on interface supported.

Please can someone help

TrainerDi
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by TrainerDi on Oct 15, 10 11:47 AM
I AM NOT HAVING ANY CRASHING DIFFICULTIES BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO GET ANY FURTHER WITH MY INVENTORY ITEMS. CAN'T GET OUT TO GARDEN TO PLAYER PIANO. UPSTAIRS CAN'T GET INTO ROOM WHERE YOU USE THE NEWSPAPER CAN'T GET KEY OUT OF LOCK. NO PLIERS TO BEND HANGER. AM I MISSING SOMETHING? PLEASE HELP.

[Post New]by JadeAcres on Oct 15, 10 8:21 PM
I just managed to play the entire game start to finish!

Having given up on The Black Cat until a fix is provided by BFG, I downloaded a previous game from the same developers in the same series, Murders in the Rue Morgue. At first I had the same issue - corrupted save file - and it kicked me out after only a few minutes play. But when I reloaded it and tried again, I was able to play it fine from then on and completed the entire game with no further issues.

So then I thought to go back and try The Black Cat again. Not one hiccup! Perhaps downloading a similar program from the same designers over wrote the corrupted file and corrected the problem? I can't say for sure but it's worth a try. Worst case, you get another game to play. And if you already own that one, try downloading it again. Who knows, it might work.

Good luck everyone! I won't spoil it by telling you how the game ends... Mrrow!

[Post New]by sharon818 on Oct 15, 10 8:33 PM
For some reason, I was able to put the spare boiler parts on the boiler way before I should have. Now that I'm ready to move forward, I can't because the wheel is connected but the blue rod came off and will not reattach. How do I fix this to continue the game?

TrainerDi
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by TrainerDi on Oct 16, 10 10:01 AM
TrainerDi wrote:I AM NOT HAVING ANY CRASHING DIFFICULTIES BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO GET ANY FURTHER WITH MY INVENTORY ITEMS. CAN'T GET OUT TO GARDEN TO PLAYER PIANO. UPSTAIRS CAN'T GET INTO ROOM WHERE YOU USE THE NEWSPAPER CAN'T GET KEY OUT OF LOCK. NO PLIERS TO BEND HANGER. AM I MISSING SOMETHING? PLEASE HELP.

TrainerDi
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by TrainerDi on Oct 16, 10 10:05 AM
TrainerDi wrote:I AM NOT HAVING ANY CRASHING DIFFICULTIES BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO GET ANY FURTHER WITH MY INVENTORY ITEMS. CAN'T GET OUT TO GARDEN TO PLAYER PIANO. UPSTAIRS CAN'T GET INTO ROOM WHERE YOU USE THE NEWSPAPER CAN'T GET KEY OUT OF LOCK. NO PLIERS TO BEND HANGER. AM I MISSING SOMETHING? PLEASE HELP.

Thanx for the suggestion to uninstall Murders in Rue Morgue and reinstall - however unfortunately it didn't help my problems with the Black Cat. Guess I'll have to wait for a fix. **** Hum again!

[Post New]by swestm3 on Oct 17, 10 5:46 AM
The saw will not cut the boards that are nailed across the door. I have tried moving the saw back and forth everywhere on the boards but nothing happens. I can see
some straight vertical line on the boards but still no cutting when I move the saw.
Is there some trick or method I am not getting here.

[Post New]by Himorhom on Oct 17, 10 7:24 AM
Keep getting kicked off... game crashes and I have to start again.... not happy!!

[Post New]by Lauradelenn on Oct 17, 10 1:59 PM
I'm having the same issue; I almost completed the game and it froze up. When I got it restarted, I had the corrupt save game file message. I'd be ok with restarting from the middle, but not the beginning. Too many hours invested to want to do it again! Frankly, am thinking of canceling my membership......

[Post New]by Hiperplayer on Oct 21, 10 7:09 PM
I can't find the hint button anywhere. and can't get the crap out of the garden door.

[Post New]by Snookums63 on Oct 23, 10 2:03 PM
sharon818 wrote:For some reason, I was able to put the spare boiler parts on the boiler way before I should have. Now that I'm ready to move forward, I can't because the wheel is connected but the blue rod came off and will not reattach. How do I fix this to continue the game?

I am also having the problem with the boiler wheel and the connecting rod. It keeps saying to connect the wheel. The wheel is already there. What do I do now,

[Post New]by lllloooo on Oct 23, 10 11:16 PM
See that green button that turns into the hand when you go over it? It moves!! Move it to the center of the wheel.

[Post New]by clicky1967 on Oct 24, 10 3:57 PM
Same as everyone else, get quite away through and the game crashes and comes up corrupt file...total wast of time...

bt1151
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by bt1151 on Oct 25, 10 3:24 AM
I really like this game but has anyone actually managed to finish it? I've been thrown out several times and twice I had to start over because of the "corrupted save file". Now it did it again but since I think I was almost near the end, I haven't the heart to do it all again from the beginning. I think I'll retire the game for a year and then come back to it. Maybe by then there will be a fix.
very disappointed!!

Edited on 10/31/2010 at 9:45:02 AM PST

bee4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by bee4u on Oct 25, 10 7:21 AM
Add me to the list of people who have the game crash. I don't even get to see any of the game. Trial still full- click on it and the "game has stopped working" comes up and then play again you have 60 minutes left.Checked the help page and all devices and drivers are up to date. Is BFG just rushing to get games out? Phantom works great but not Poe, what a shame very disappointed BFG.

Dakjoy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Dakjoy on Oct 26, 10 9:24 AM
zunan wrote:please help...there is no hidden object game by the fountain....walkthrough says to get sack there.. is anyone else having this problem...if so what do i do? un install and then re install? this is not the CE..thanks for help

[Post New]by kari3451 on Oct 26, 10 1:35 PM
I am having problems, I was able to attach the magnet to retreive the gear but it will not pick up the gear. Help

Go to: