QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Renovate & Relocate: Boston

[Post New]by QEIII on Oct 9, 10 9:31 AM
I quite enjoyed the renovation part of the game but found the hidden object part really tedious. I didn't skip any dialogue and I seemed to have finished the game with two minutes to go of my hours demo. It said something about downloading the full game, but there was nothing to say what you had to do to get the full game. So I have no idea if there is more to the game than what I did or if that was the end.

If so, that REALLY is a short game - just 58 mins.

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Oct 9, 10 9:45 AM
I went straight to the forum on this one - it looked really uninteresting - thanx for the confirmation reviews - will pass on this one!!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 9, 10 10:11 AM
QEIII wrote:I quite enjoyed the renovation part of the game but found the hidden object part really tedious. I didn't skip any dialogue and I seemed to have finished the game with two minutes to go of my hours demo. It said something about downloading the full game, but there was nothing to say what you had to do to get the full game. So I have no idea if there is more to the game than what I did or if that was the end.

If so, that REALLY is a short game - just 58 mins.
According to the DL info, it is only a sample.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Oct 9, 10 10:38 AM
juliesherris wrote:Thermous, enevelope, skrewdriver? What's all that about?

Even if the game were entertaining (which it really isn't) I couldn't bring myself to buy it with all these basic spelling errors - ugh!

Has this woman got OCD so bad that she has to tidy the contractors yard? And where has she got all this cash from to pay for all the labour, furniture & homewares?

Nope, this game is not for me - my, it's been a bad week on BFG.

LOL, right on two counts, julie! Mis-spellings drove me up the wall. I mean, honestly; no one *proof-reads* these games for spelling errors? Also, you're right that it has been a bad week on BFG; I'm itching for a HOG that is more challenging and has a better storyline.
This is a standard HOG; nothing we havn't seen a thousand times done better. Graphics are only fair and music was annoying. The decorating part would be fun except as a decorator I gagged over the choices you had to chose from. What? No one ever heard of early american decor? Everything was modern and bland. Lasted 25 minutes on the demo before deleting it. Now I'm going back to one of my old games!

cspmbs
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by cspmbs on Oct 9, 10 11:24 AM
juliesherris wrote:Thermous, enevelope, skrewdriver? What's all that about?

Even if the game were entertaining (which it really isn't) I couldn't bring myself to buy it with all these basic spelling errors - ugh!

Has this woman got OCD so bad that she has to tidy the contractors yard? And where has she got all this cash from to pay for all the labour, furniture & homewares?

Nope, this game is not for me - my, it's been a bad week on BFG.

MAYBE she hit the Lotto or came into a big settlement.. Who cares where she got the money?

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Oct 9, 10 11:37 AM
On the few occasions I post in forums, I try very hard not to be offensive but this time I have to say I'm getting seriously tired of so many bad games being offered. It seems like weeks since there was a decent game released. I'm glad that the members who enjoy M3 and TM have been given numerous games lately. I hope that they enjoy but I would have liked to see a least a couple of games which others of us enjoy. This TGT is called a hidden object game. I disagree with that classification. If I have to help redecorate property while looking for hidden objects, it' not a hidden object game. The game made no sense to me so it's a definate no buy for me. These are just my opinions so I hope nobody gets offended by what I've said.

[Post New]by caferox on Oct 9, 10 12:36 PM
Boring, objects very small, and HORRIBLE SPELLING!

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Oct 9, 10 12:47 PM
So...is the game truly only one hour long, or was the demo set to end at the one hour mark? I haven't trialed it yet because I won't buy a game that short, but if it truly is longer I might give it a whirl. May do that anyway here...my curiosity is getting the better of me!

ETA: Okay I just googled the game and found this info on it:
There are a total of 35 hidden object games, 5 "mini hogs" and 14 renovations
So I guess it is longer than the hour demo. I'm off to give it a try!

Edited on 10/09/2010 at 12:50:40 PM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 9, 10 1:04 PM
goofyduck77 wrote:Hmmm, I didn't see, peglegann, where it said it was just a sample. From the description of the game, however, and what I anticipated it would be, the character would be decorating places all over Boston. And from the blurb at the end of the game about playing the full version, so this is indeed just a sample or 'demo" version of this game.

My question is, uh, why? What in the world is the purpose of giving us a sample game? A game that everybody is going to pass on because nobody wants to spend money on a less than stellar game that is so short they finish it in the demo hour.

So where is the rest of it? Where is the full version? The full version might have been worth considering, at least for a DD. I'm thinking of asking customer service what the heck happened.
Hi, it says it under the try button. "Play the free sample version".

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Oct 9, 10 1:59 PM
Okay, I managed a 1/2 hour of the trial and quit. The objects weren't too small for me - just normal sized objects in large spaces. So that didn't bother me. I didn't like how the game played at a small square in the middle of my large wide screen monitor though. And I have to agree with the others on voice acting...ewww...glad there was a skip button. The gameplay was actually fun and I would have enjoyed setting up the rooms, except there really isn't much choice for personality in the game. Lots of OOGLY choices and nothing I would actually decorate with in real life..and as a previous poster said, nothing really matches together. No buy for me - shoulda known and listened to wiser fish than me.

[Post New]by gejpm1 on Oct 9, 10 2:08 PM
goofyduck77 wrote:
Overall, a cute little game for straight HOG lovers with a decorating bug, and I call it "little" because it is a very short

You only finished the demo!!

kardel
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by kardel on Oct 9, 10 3:39 PM
not long enough feel i wasted my credit on this one, no sooner had i brought it after the demo then it has ended, need to be longer and the voices were so annoying.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Oct 9, 10 4:03 PM
Caraface - I'm with youo. Loived in Boston area and really was looking forward to a Sunnyvale type game. Alas - it was not to be. Didn't even finish out the free time...

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Oct 9, 10 4:33 PM
I just bought this game and i really like it..If you don't like the sound turn it off or leave it on low....Too me it is a relaxing game ....I personally would like more games likes this one....This senior likes it.....Not everyone likes the same things...

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Oct 9, 10 5:25 PM
The only reason I am considering this game is that I had shoulder surgery this week so I am one-handed for the next six to eight weeks and this is playable with one hand - but even then I am not sure.

If anyone has suggestions for games that don't need two hands and can be played on a laptop without an external mouse I would appreciate - TM are obviously out for awhile.

Edited on 10/11/2010 at 12:21:35 AM PST

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Oct 9, 10 5:45 PM
Created for your enjoyment by WeAreAmateurs.com!

[Post New]by jstmeginger on Oct 9, 10 6:15 PM
For it to be a big file it sure was a short game to play i need to read more on the games i like to play before i buy them because i just wasted money on this game dont get me wrong it was a good game i enjoyed it but too short

fishdawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by fishdawn on Oct 9, 10 6:19 PM
I like the decorating part of this game but the H O G's were tedious and boring. I couldn't stand the music and the voice-overs were terrible. NO buy for me!

[Post New]by scrapping_nancy on Oct 9, 10 7:26 PM
Music was very annoying. Finished the trial demo with 26 minutes to spare, and couldn't continue in the game unless I made a purchase. What is the point of a free one hour trial if you have to purchase after 34 minutes of play. Alot of spelling errors, this is a big pet peeve of mine. How can we teach young people to spell if adults creating the games are illiterate?? A no buy for me!!!

[Post New]by DucatiChick on Oct 9, 10 9:31 PM
Never liked Boston anyway, lol

Go to: