anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:New HOG out by Awem. "Letters From Nowhere"

[Post New]by anonymiss on Oct 11, 10 12:36 AM
I won't go into too much detail, other than to say I played this game from start to finish (and no, I wasn't one of the beta testers and I'm not affiliated in any way, shape or form with the developers) and I LOVED it. Yes, it's fairly simple in terms of being, more or less, a straight HOG, but it's a great game and there will definitely be a sequel. For those waiting for BF to release it, it's worth the wait!

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Oct 11, 10 1:32 PM
I should have added in my review that it does contain some references to the occult, especially at the end. Some members here may object to that part. I certainly don't have a problem with it!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 11, 10 1:39 PM
I betatested this game a few weeks ago for the developers and enjoyed it very much. If its released on Bigfish, its a definete buy for me

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 12, 10 11:47 AM
I also beta'd this one and received it free. I think it is from the same folks who do the Mystery PI series...similar graphics and form, but updated to be more appealing than just a straight HOG. My only beef with the game is when the object you need is one that must interact with another one, the hint will not take you to it. I found this quite challenging, as you must keep searching until you find the item. However, I am searching for a dagger that I still haven't found. Not sure which chapter I am on...seven, I think, and am in the scene with the forklift, a barn (?) where you also had to find the voltage sign. The dagger is needed for a wooden carton, and I have clicked on everything in the scene and I still can't find it...also haven't found a walkthrough so thought I would pop in here and see if someone can help. Can't move on until I find it, lol.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 12, 10 11:58 AM
Aww heck, I took a couple of days off and forgot one thing integral to game play...to find the dagger, I only needed to click on a crowbar to open the crate with, lol. Ain't it funny, how as soon as Igive up, come in here and ask for help, go back into the game while waiting for an answer, I always figure it out Usually, anyway.

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Oct 12, 10 12:17 PM
Mystery P.I. series is by that "child's toy" place.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 12, 10 12:57 PM
Oh, I just realized that we do have extra hint helps. Totally forgot they were there, lol. Of course you have to buy them, but they sure do work. If it isn't Mystery PI, then what am I thinking of? I know this game reminds me of a simpler series, that I always thought would be so much more if they put some extra stuff in...and they have, and I like it.

New HOG out by Awem. "Letters From Nowhere"

[Post New]by PoCoNoGaL on Oct 28, 10 6:45 PM
sassylassie wrote:I just looked on [removed by moderator] and saw it was there. Awesome graphics and looks to me like it might be an IHOG. Hopefully BF will get it here. Looks to be a beautiful game. Check it out if you like.

Can anyone tell me what it means when you find a hidden item and even when the hint button brings it to you.(circles it and twinkles all around it) , my arrow pointer gets gears lit up all around it and I click on it to add it to the found list and it subtracts points off my total and WON'T let me pick it up at all. Very frustrating esp. when you don't know what that means or why it is happening. They don't explain it in any directions. If anyone knows the answer to this and how to check it off the list of hidden objects that you have found I would greatly love to know myself. Thanks for trying to solve this one.

slruser
Salmon
Salmon
2,654 Posts

[Post New]by slruser on Oct 28, 10 6:58 PM
Hi Poconogal and welcome to the Pond! When you see the 'gears', it means that the item must be combined with another item to form one of the hidden objects on the list. You need to find the 'other part' of the item and drag it over to combine them.

Hope this helps - if you need further instructions, check the "Letters from Nowhere" thread in the Games Forum. Here is the link:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/1982.page

Enjoy the game!

Edited on 10/28/2010 at 7:03:21 PM PST

[Post New]by buttercup06 on Oct 29, 10 8:49 AM
Help anyone,
I've got to - letters need you. I've tried most things but can't find the match-up for banned activity, I'm now stuck!!!!!!!!!!
Judy

margatonian
Herring
Herring
344 Posts

[Post New]by margatonian on Oct 29, 10 9:02 AM
buttercup06 wrote:Help anyone,
I've got to - letters need you. I've tried most things but can't find the match-up for banned activity, I'm now stuck!!!!!!!!!!
Judy

Hi there its the hamburger
Margatonian

[Post New]by pitcomic on Nov 1, 10 5:48 PM
Does anyone know how to "establish your best time in any location" in unlimited mode? I have all other trophy stamps but this one.

susans2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by susans2 on Nov 2, 10 11:47 PM
I can't find the money for the piggy bank......could someone help me?! Thanks, I've been stuck on this for way tooooo long. Thanks again!

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Nov 3, 10 7:44 AM
Hi
You break the piggy bank with the hammer to pick up the coins.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Nov 3, 10 9:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

Since we now have Letters from Nowhere on our site and it has its own Forum page as well, I'm going to go ahead and move this thread over there.

This way any Fishies swimming through the full game Forum don't miss out on finding your comments and can help with any questions as well. But not to worry, this thread will also stay visible in the Chit-Chat Corner.

To find the Forum for any game, just click on All Game Forums at the top of this page, and type in the title for your game. Or, go here.

Thanks and happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Edited on 11/08/2010 at 12:13:49 PM PST

lros
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by lros on Nov 11, 10 12:48 PM
I'm having the same problem. I finished the game and topped the scores in the unlimited mode but I can't get the last stamp for topping your top score. I have completed the unlimited over again and beat my best score but can't get the last stamp. I don't know what else to do. Can anybody tell me?
Thanks

"Letters From Nowhere"

[Post New]by WhoDatGirl on Nov 22, 10 7:23 PM
Disappointed that I got a 'to be continued' message after going through all the levels. WHEN will part 2 come out????
I like the game, just bummed that there was such a let-down at the end.

[Post New]by fribri on Dec 18, 10 8:39 AM
i am having a problem. in level 8 i can not find the banned activity. can anyone help me

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Jan 8, 11 8:44 PM
I cannot load this game at all. I get lots of error messages. it is annoying as i used a credit in order to buy it.

Go to: