sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 11, 10 7:10 AM
peglegann wrote:I agree with you Sassy. It sometimes hepls to play a previous game in a "series". I ask some really silly questions, but most fishies are so kind to help


Thank you. Yeah, to me it would be like reading the second part of a book. You would have no clue what is going on with the first part. True "HOGGIES" (umm not hogies) understand

 
patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by patnsky on Oct 11, 10 7:49 AM
edmee1947 wrote:is it me?i don't find this game so good!no logic ,story very...well, disorganized;and sometimes we have to do things that are not necessary for the game to go on!(FE:in library,you have found the missing books ,and suddenly ,you can't play the puzzles with the books because you have to find fungus before!even if fungus is necessary after,it is not well placed)!i am playing again the" deadtime story" (nothing good to play those 10,passed days!),and the comparison is not good for ancient spirits!happily ,the game club credit for punch cards are available 2 months!i have 3,and so far i don't use one!


I agree with you on this game. I see no continuity or good directions. This it not a buy for me ...

Pat

 
patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by patnsky on Oct 11, 10 7:54 AM
BBB10 wrote:Hi!

I noticed that the game "Ghost of the Mystery Stone" just came out a couple of weeks ago. Do I need to do the "Ghost" one first before "Ancient Spirits"? I'd appreciate your help!

Thank you!

BBB10


Welcome to the pond BBB10. Most of the fishies here are very kind and helpful. Please do not judge all of us by a few....

Pat

 
patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by patnsky on Oct 11, 10 7:56 AM
sassylassie wrote:
Coronagold wrote:Cracks me up whenever someone asks if they need to play "the previous game before they play the newer one". I don't even think that's a factor in interactive fiction games let alone a HOG. If you "feel compelled to ask" the answer is definitely yes, otherwise you'll probably wake up at 4am with cold sweats. The rest of us will somehow live.


I don't see what's so funny. It just shows that you don't play HOGS much at all. A lot of HOGS are continuations when they are in a series. I thought it to be a very legit question. That way they can have an understanding of the game they are about to play. There's quite a few series of different HOGS out there, and they do refer or continue from the previous game there was.

Sassy


Well said Sassy

Pat

 
joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 11, 10 9:58 AM
Welcome to the pond BBB10

ALL questions are welcome, and yours made perfect sense to me.
Some game series do indeed play better when done in order
of release.

 
spjoet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by spjoet on Oct 11, 10 10:35 AM
Just to make it perfectly clear: "Ancient Spirits: Columbus' Legacy" and "Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone" are nevertheless not a game series, they are not related to each other in any way.

 
penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by penrose47 on Oct 11, 10 12:53 PM
I NEVER read or heard that it was WRONG to ask questions

I AGREE there are games that are in a series like books and movies!! SO THERE!!
sticking out tongue

Happy Gaming

PEN

 
BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by BBB10 on Oct 11, 10 11:23 PM
Coronagold wrote:Cracks me up whenever someone asks if they need to play "the previous game before they play the newer one". I don't even think that's a factor in interactive fiction games let alone a HOG. If you "feel compelled to ask" the answer is definitely yes, otherwise you'll probably wake up at 4am with cold sweats. The rest of us will somehow live.


WOW!!! Coronagold ...don't you have a sense of humor!? I am so glad my comment could crack you up!!

Just to let you know, I wasn't compelled to ask! I was just mildy curious. I thought it would be nice to connect with other fishes in the pond. After all, I am new here!

Btw, I love gaming SO MUCH, that I don't go to bed until about 4 a.m.! So, you don't have to worry about me waking up at that time with cold sweats! I am so glad to hear that you and the rest will somehow live...WHEW..WHAT A RELIEF!!

 
BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by BBB10 on Oct 11, 10 11:50 PM
sassylassie wrote:
Coronagold wrote:Cracks me up whenever someone asks if they need to play "the previous game before they play the newer one". I don't even think that's a factor in interactive fiction games let alone a HOG. If you "feel compelled to ask" the answer is definitely yes, otherwise you'll probably wake up at 4am with cold sweats. The rest of us will somehow live.


I don't see what's so funny. It just shows that you don't play HOGS much at all. A lot of HOGS are continuations when they are in a series. I thought it to be a very legit question. That way they can have an understanding of the game they are about to play. There's quite a few series of different HOGS out there, and they do refer or continue from the previous game there was.

Sassy


Thanks Sassy for your kind post! BBB10

 
BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by BBB10 on Oct 11, 10 11:52 PM
Cuddlefish wrote:Hi BBB10

The two games are not related. You don't need one to play the other.


Thanks Cuddlefish for your warm welcome and for answering my question! BBB10

 
BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by BBB10 on Oct 11, 10 11:55 PM
peglegann wrote:I agree with you Sassy. It sometimes hepls to play a previous game in a "series". I ask some really silly questions, but most fishies are so kind to help


Hi peglegann. Thank you for your kindness! BBB10






 
BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by BBB10 on Oct 12, 10 12:00 AM
sassylassie wrote:
peglegann wrote:I agree with you Sassy. It sometimes hepls to play a previous game in a "series". I ask some really silly questions, but most fishies are so kind to help


Thank you. Yeah, to me it would be like reading the second part of a book. You would have no clue what is going on with the first part. True "HOGGIES" (umm not hogies) understand


Hi sassylassie. Thank you for understanding my position in this case! BBB10

 
BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by BBB10 on Oct 12, 10 12:13 AM
patnsky wrote:
BBB10 wrote:Hi!

I noticed that the game "Ghost of the Mystery Stone" just came out a couple of weeks ago. Do I need to do the "Ghost" one first before "Ancient Spirits"? I'd appreciate your help!

Thank you!

BBB10


Welcome to the pond BBB10. Most of the fishies here are very kind and helpful. Please do not judge all of us by a few....Pat


Hello Pat! Thank you for welcoming me! I DO believe most of the fishes here are very kind and helpful! I will NOT judge the fishies in the pond by those that are merely pond-scum! BBB10


 
BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by BBB10 on Oct 12, 10 12:17 AM
joyce2121 wrote:Welcome to the pond BBB10

ALL questions are welcome, and yours made perfect sense to me.
Some game series do indeed play better when done in order
of release.


Hey Joyce, thank you for the welcome and the support! I appreciate your "take" on this! BBB10

 
BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by BBB10 on Oct 12, 10 12:18 AM
spjoet wrote:Just to make it perfectly clear: "Ancient Spirits: Columbus' Legacy" and "Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone" are nevertheless not a game series, they are not related to each other in any way.


Thanks spjoet for that info! BBB10

 
BBB10
Clownfish
Clownfish
715 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by BBB10 on Oct 12, 10 12:24 AM
penrose47 wrote:I NEVER read or heard that it was WRONG to ask questions

I AGREE there are games that are in a series like books and movies!! SO THERE!!
sticking out tongue

Happy Gaming

PEN


Hello there penrose47! Thank you for your enthusiatic support! Happy gaming to you also! BBB10

 

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by candykahne on Oct 13, 10 11:44 AM
It was fun to play for an hour, hated to see my time was up so soon. The hour went fast, which is generaly a good sign its a good game.

 
Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

Re:Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by Snaffled on Feb 23, 12 4:35 PM
Some objects hard to identify, storyline jumped all over, had to hold one's attention

 
 
 
 
Go to: