emilyone
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Ancient Spirits - Columbus' Legacy

[Post New]by emilyone on Oct 11, 10 7:54 AM
Have read all your comments on the game so gotta try it... gotta keep feeding that addiction lolol. I too noticed the difference in the language so was hesitant to download the trial... must be an option for english?? I hope anyways. Also, do you all know how the punch cards work? I filled a couple but have no coupons or whatever - got the email that said congrats but nothing since. Thanks for the info on the game, off to try it!

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by elhar02 on Oct 11, 10 8:05 AM
Well, believe it or not, at least to me, sometimes it is just as much fun to enjoy an easier "boring" game -- altho I didn't think this game was boring. There are a few of us out there who enjoy that type of break from time to time!!!!

This is defnitely the type of game that everyone needs to try for themselves. For me it was a very pleasant change from the harder ones -- just finished Madam Fate -- and this one was most certainly a change of pace. Athough a terrific game (Madam Fate) it was quite difficult in places and Columbus' Legacy was just so much more user friendly at least for my "pea" brain to comprehend.

BTW, had no trouble with the language -- you should be in "English" during the game.

Edited on 10/11/2010 at 8:08:21 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 11, 10 8:08 AM
carolinacat wrote:I guess some people are enjoying this one but I find it boring. I'm not really getting interested in it enough to purchase.

The graphics are OK but not outstanding or well drawn like some other detailed games.

I find the objects too easy to find and there's nothing really to grab me enough to buy.

I'll pass...

Totally agree. It's an HOG which I find boring. Much prefer IHOGs. Hopefully the week will bring something a little more exciting.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Oct 11, 10 8:11 AM
I beta tested this one as well some time ago. The developers have made a lot of changes to it, for the better in my opinion. There are not as many scrolling scenes. If I remember correctly, all of the scenes were scrolling with no option to turn it off. One of the other fishies mentioned feeling motion sick-so it's not just me, but it wasn't so bad. One of the other fishies also mentioned beta testing this and said it lasted through the end. If I recall correctly, that was not the impression I got. I did play it for quite some time so I could be wrong ( it's been known to happen ) There was another game that I had beta tested all the way through and when I played the released version the ending was different, so who knows? I'm not sure if I'll buy or not, but I did enjoy it.

[Post New]by OregonPandora on Oct 11, 10 8:14 AM
Tried the video. Mine is in German! Not only the speech but the name of the objects! (I don't speak German!)

spjoet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by spjoet on Oct 11, 10 8:19 AM
There is an option on every scrolling screen to turn it on or off (button on top right). You are free to turn on/off every time you like and continue your current search without any punishing.

Screenshots at BFG website are wrong at the moment (seems to be taken from the German side). The whole game is in English – just download the trial and enjoy!

Edited on 10/11/2010 at 10:42:15 AM PST

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Oct 11, 10 8:19 AM
peglegann wrote:
Corie60 wrote:I beta tested this game quite a while ago and really liked it. What was surprising was that the beta was of the whole game. I kept expecting it to end and it never did till the end.
I won't be buying it since have already played it, but I highly recommend it. It was fun, different and quite lengthy as well. Enjoy!

Hi Corie60, I too did a beta of this. It is almost like a different game Have you DL the BF trial? I would love your opinion.

Hi Peglegann,

No, I did not download the trial but with your comment about the game having changed I am going to download it right now . It was an enjoyable game when I tested it and the only complaint I had was that when you scrolled the screen it would keep on scrolling when you wanted it to stop. Other than that, great fun.

Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by 8984481 on Oct 11, 10 9:04 AM
Thanx guys, I will now download trial and see if it is in english. All HAGD

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Oct 11, 10 9:10 AM
mhatfie wrote:
carolinacat wrote:I guess some people are enjoying this one but I find it boring. I'm not really getting interested in it enough to purchase.

The graphics are OK but not outstanding or well drawn like some other detailed games.

I find the objects too easy to find and there's nothing really to grab me enough to buy.

I'll pass...

Totally agree. It's an HOG which I find boring. Much prefer IHOGs. Hopefully the week will bring something a little more exciting.

This game is actually an IHOG ... there are a ton of items put into your inventory that you have to use so I don't understand how you can say it is just a boring HOG.

It is also a very decent length game so you are getting a lot of game for your money and it is well worth every penny of its price.

Cherb

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Oct 11, 10 9:24 AM
I agree with those of you who did not like the scrolling. Difinitely made me dizzy....and the graphics, I thought, were substandard. Also, it's a bit confusing as to why they are there with a pristine ship and what are these portals? No buy for me, I'm afraid.
Maybe I'm picky but I played half the demo and was bored. Am I missing something?

lopie65
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by lopie65 on Oct 11, 10 9:28 AM
i like the game

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 11, 10 10:09 AM
This game is actually an IHOG ... there are a ton of items put into your inventory that you have to use so I don't understand how you can say it is just a boring HOG.

Cherb

Thank you. I was wondering if I had got the meaning of IHOG wrong. Glad to know someone thinks it is an IHOG.

Whoooo. I just changed shape

Edited on 10/11/2010 at 10:20:04 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 11, 10 10:10 AM
Corie60 wrote:
peglegann wrote:
Corie60 wrote:I beta tested this game quite a while ago and really liked it. What was surprising was that the beta was of the whole game. I kept expecting it to end and it never did till the end.
I won't be buying it since have already played it, but I highly recommend it. It was fun, different and quite lengthy as well. Enjoy!

Hi Corie60, I too did a beta of this. It is almost like a different game Have you DL the BF trial? I would love your opinion.

No problem. Hope you enjoy it

Hi Peglegann,

No, I did not download the trial but with your comment about the game having changed I am going to download it right now . It was an enjoyable game when I tested it and the only complaint I had was that when you scrolled the screen it would keep on scrolling when you wanted it to stop. Other than that, great fun.

Edited on 10/11/2010 at 10:12:55 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Oct 11, 10 10:50 AM
THANKS FISHIES

I am off to DEMO...... I was waiting on 1 to use a credit on....

Happy Gaming

PEN

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 11, 10 10:59 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:Wow, what better way to say I'm long winded than to tell me I'm out of room. But I digress yet again . . . If there is anything negative to say at all, there was a couple of glaring grammatical goofs that I had to read twice to figure out what was being said, but a few wrong words in one scene or maybe two is in no way preventing me from enjoying the game.

So those who have been grousing about not getting a good iHOG should be happy, because I know I am, and definitely going to buy. Uh, except for those who must have RTR or DG or the like, otherwise they aren't going to like it and will not hesitate in saying so. And somebody the other day brought up a very good point. If people are jumping up and down wanting the next "great" game, what happened to every other game they bought they thought was good enough at the time enough to buy it. Did they disappear and/or they get swallowed up by the Ghost of Christmas Past? If there's no great game tomorrow or next Tuesday or at the next full moon, I've got my library of over 225 (good grief, I actually counted them - big mistake lol) to pick from and play again, and when you have that many games, trust me, going back to Prime Suspects or the first Amazing Adventures, or Dream Day Wedding or Hidden Expedition: Titanic, is a treat because you've forgotten where everything is anyway.

This is a great game - don't know how long it is - don't care - I want to know what happened so the story must have left me wanting more . . .
When do you find the time to play the games? Have you got 4 hands? LOL! Nice comments. I like this game too.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Oct 11, 10 11:42 AM
The only good thing I can say about this game is that it's the best thing BFG has offered since October 3rd. But that's not saying much because the games offered in the last 8 days have been stupifying.
Standard IHOG but the storyline is, what's that word I've read often in other reviews of this game? Boring.
Graphics okay; of the cartoon school of game graphics. Music not too annoying.
Not a buy for me. I'll keep hoping that one day soon I'll find something worth using my game credit on!

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Oct 11, 10 12:00 PM
The game has clear graphics and nice, quiet music. It would be a great game for those of you who like straight HOGS. Personally, I became bored rather quickly, looking for one object after another and with the silly plot added to that, I deleted after only 30 minutes. I mean, come on, magic >>>> to see spirits in the '50s? That's stretching it a bit I think.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Oct 11, 10 12:23 PM
Argggh! I was soooo desperate for a new game, I went ahead and bought this one because I thought it would be better than nothing. I was wrong. It was pretty boring I must say. Usually, I cannot stop playing a game if I am into it, this one I kept thinking is is almost done? Not a good sign.

Just my opinion of course, but thought I would put my 2 cents in.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Oct 11, 10 12:39 PM
I purchased the game and so glad I did. I played it all the way through and found it to be a very relaxing. What better way to spend a day off without all the stress.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Oct 11, 10 1:31 PM
Agree, stress-less games are a plus in themselves. After 4 years on this site, tho, I am not into stress-less anymore. Want something that makes me think, the raises my heartbeat, that challenges my 60 yo brain. This did not do it for me. PLUS the scrolling or not scrolling is so bad on my stomach, I wish whoever came up with this idea would take it off the table. Don't know anyone who likes it.

As for BFG - well, I've always found it feast or famine. The last two months were so full of great games, I'm still working on them. I am personally waiting for the RE of the CE's that have come out - but it's been an awful long wait for those, it seems.

I do agree that the new players on this site will enjoy this game for its graphics and ease of playing, whether you want to call it a Hog or and I Hog. Variety is the spice of life, and not for us to judge others for their opinions on what is great for them.

Not a buy for me; still waiting for something special. But all who enjoyed the trial, happy gaming.

As always,

cg

Go to: