nameplater
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

Re:The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure

[Post New]by nameplater on Oct 13, 10 3:09 AM
88blyth wrote:i lasted only 10 minutes too..how can you NOT find a television?...i could not!!!...as other fishies have said, the items are very small and the scenes are a bit fuzzy, i was hoping to last a bit longer,,,but...no..and, finding the bears...WHAT bears...lol x x

LOL I couldn't find the television either...or the airplane....or the....

I just started clicking & as soon as my hint refilled I used that sucker again.
And you are so right...WHAT bears??

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by vickie39 on Oct 13, 10 3:29 AM
I don't think this is "LOL". I am not a complainer, I've been here over 5 years, and this is my 17th post. BFG buys these game from developers, and if we did not buy them, maybe BFG would stop dealing with the developers of un-playable games.

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Oct 13, 10 3:37 AM
SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

security alert

[Post New]by joyzebra on Oct 13, 10 3:49 AM
Catghost wrote:While downloading The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure, I got a warning from my anti-virus program.
It states that the threat is probably an unknown NewHeur_PE virus.

What should I do? This is the first time I've seen this. Help?

I got the security warning too!!!!!!! I deleted it without opening.

[Post New]by salpolestick39 on Oct 13, 10 4:13 AM
i did not get the security on my when i download it

[Post New]by Coronagold on Oct 13, 10 4:17 AM
I'm curious. To those who got possible virus warnings, what anti-virus program do you have running?

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 4:18:19 AM PST

happyjak
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by happyjak on Oct 13, 10 5:12 AM
I did not have any trouble finding objects or bears but I was quite annoyed when my time ran out as once I purchased the game it took me back to the begining. Geeeez don`t you just hate that!

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Oct 13, 10 6:48 AM
Coronagold wrote:I'm curious. To those who got possible virus warnings, what anti-virus program do you have running?

Me too. My anti-virus (Norton) said this was a safe d/l.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 13, 10 6:49 AM
Hi fishies,

Just swimming in to say if any of you have encountered false positives with your anti-virus, be sure to get in touch with Customer Service to flag the issue.

We can then get in touch with the anti-virus company so they can issue an update that will remove this false positive for you and future users .

Helpful information to include would be the name of your anti-virus and if possible a screenshot of the error message popping up. You can find some extra information about creating a screenshot and attaching it to your email below:

Create a Screenshot

Attach a File to Your Email

To get in touch with Customer Support, simply click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps, happy gaming fishies !

bfgImbrium

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Oct 13, 10 7:08 AM
Catghost wrote:
CasualGran wrote:
Catghost wrote:While downloading The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure, I got a warning from my anti-virus program.
It states that the threat is probably an unknown NewHeur_PE virus.

What should I do? This is the first time I've seen this. Help?

What I would do is make my anitvirus scan the computer and reinstall the demo after that. Good Luck!

Thanks, CasualGran. Turned out to be a false positive.

I am just quoting myself and highlighted what I said in red, so that everybody notices that your virus-warning MIGHT be a false positive. I just googled the name of the virus and was reassured it was OK to continue installing.

MrMotto
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by MrMotto on Oct 13, 10 10:14 AM
Got to be honest with you all. I have played about an hour now, and find nothing wrong so far. To me, the graphics are clear, the music fits the mood, and the items to find, are hidden, but not impossible to find. I have not used a hint yet, although there have been a few times when I thought I needed a hint, but as it turned out, I haven't used one yet. I do wish there were more mini games, maybe further into the game, there will be.
I will write more as I go into the game more, but at this point, I can say I am not sorry I bought it.
I'm sorry so many of you are having problems or think the graphics are poor, and items too small to see, but, I personally can't agree.
Edited to add, that I agree with one of you who said that the hints were unlimited. If you read the tutorial, it said a bear would be found in each hidden object scene, and those bears add to the hints, so, therefore, ever how many bears you have, is how many hints you have.

Edited on 10/13/2010 at 11:23:47 AM PST

[Post New]by candykahne on Oct 13, 10 10:29 AM
I'm not usualy click happy. I could not find things. I think the graphics are awful. I played for a hour to give this game a chance. It got to frustrating. I would not buy it.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 13, 10 11:24 AM
Ok. Maybe I AM a little tired but..... Firstly, I like to be offered help not have it pushed at me. Then my next thought was a "junk pile" type of HOG. After that I decided to look to see the last Becky Brogan. As soon as I started playing the first one (do not know when it came out) I remembered that I had not liked it. At present these are my comments, despite the fact that I am tired, if a game is my type, it gets my attention. I am going to try this one tomorrow again and see how it goes. I get the feeling it will be a no buy. I did read all comments and reviews before DL and am very sure that I will be with the majority so far and not like it. Just my opinion and comment. Have fun all.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Oct 13, 10 12:59 PM
This is a very well made and thought out game. The graphics are good, the music not annoying... unlimited hints.

It's a great game for straight HOG players. I prefer IHOGs myself but I think the HOG fans will love this game.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Oct 13, 10 1:16 PM
A s you know by now this is a HOG with some “What’s different” and “Jigsaw Puzzles” thrown in. The scenes are very dark, after maximizing the contrast and making my screen as light as it would go the HOG improved.

Forgiving hint and click system - which I like.

hcatb
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hcatb on Oct 13, 10 2:06 PM
candykahne wrote:I'm not usualy click happy. I could not find things. I think the graphics are awful. I played for a hour to give this game a chance. It got to frustrating. I would not buy it.

I agree with everybody who didn't like this game. Ditto to all! Wouldn't buy it. And the background music is horrible.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Oct 13, 10 5:12 PM
Hated it, didn't finish the demo.

[Post New]by game_downloader on Oct 13, 10 6:18 PM
(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 1:49:17 AM PST

[Post New]by Billieannie on Oct 13, 10 6:39 PM
game_downloader wrote:(Removed by moderator)

Thanks! Its working great for me.

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 1:53:28 AM PST

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Oct 13, 10 11:19 PM
I don't usually shoot down a game,however ,this has got to be the worst HOG i have ever played,items to find were undefinable by their size and muddy graphics,and who wants to find things in every scene??no intelligent puzzles to break the atmosphere. uninstalled after 6 mins.
the developers definitely lacked creativity and possibly budget here.

no buy for me either.

Go to: