puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition

[Post New]by puzzledone on Oct 14, 10 5:54 AM
Did someone else say strategy guide IS available in the sample. And what I saw and the book it looks like good writing and will be a good story. Haven't had dialog or voice over so far so premature to review the game as a whole.

As for price, with this quality I'd think even the SE would be worth $13.99 to me. I can afford it this month, just don't know if I can afford the time to play it to the end in one sitting. That is the problem with long complex games at least for me, trying to remember back what I was doing and what I saw where to go back and get. Worse is getting to the end as in Black Cat and missing one key in inventory, got so lost in a loop finding my way back. This game didn't feel like it would be so much geography. And if more jigsaws, those are my favorite puzzles, kinda feel something has come together in order in my brain after being so fragmented.

Well, wasn't a draught for me, filled a card first week, but mostly free games and sale, 6 @ $17.97 plus a freebie next month. Always have wish list games pending. So can't complain about price, just hate to start another card with 3 punches and 3 dangling chads Still got codes without exp dates too and my credit. Oh come on, talk me into it. I really don't feel like going back to finish some dark gruesome ones. I like ghosts, not vampired or psycho cases.

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 5:58:58 AM PST

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Oct 14, 10 6:04 AM
vasteel wrote:What I've played is very very nice, that being said>>> However I think the toad constantly croaking while you play was a bad decision,I understand he's an integral part to the game but please... I don't want to to turn down the sounds, I want to enjoy the audio.Please give us a patch to shut him up or something, this is the only reason I WONT purchase the full game. It's one of the most annoying sounds EVER!! Thanks for hearing me out.

That is what I came here to post. I found the toad croaking constantly one of the most annoying things ever. I had to turn the FX off just to get through the demo but then I missed the sound of clicking on something (be it right or wrong).
It also seems strange to me that the first good game to come along happens to be a CE. I have coupon codes and even a game credit sitting there but have not been able to use them this month. *sigh*.
I may have purchased this just to have a decent game to play but the croaking toad and it being a CE have put paid to that idea. Oh well, back to playing old games. Happy gaming everyone.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Oct 14, 10 6:05 AM
Finally !!!! Just finished the demo and will purchase!!!! It's a huge d/l and can't wait to get started again!
Based on demo:
Custom cursor-yes.
No random click penalty.
Hints refill quickly.
Puzzles can be skipped.
Strategy guide is integrated.
Played full-screen on my wide-screen monitor w/o me adjusting anything!
Graphics are beautiful. Had no problems finding objects in hidden object scenes! Sparkles are present indicating additional areas to explore. Music is fine and I always play with the music on. Puzzles are good. Nothing mind-bending, yet. Thought I saw a very recognizable little fishie in one puzzle scene!
An IHOG, when my demo ended, I wasn't left with an over-filled inventory. Tools collected during gameplay were used quickly (so far).
Of course, wandering around a spooky old mansion is right up my alley, being a dark and eerie game lover! So, definite buy for me!

[Post New]by heatherington on Oct 14, 10 6:08 AM
Sinsack, read through your post and lmao. Everything you said is true. Forced budgeting. Hilarious! I'm downloading now. Just swam in to get a few comments. I figured they would not make us pay 13.99 for a dud. Thanks fishes.

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 6:08:30 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 14, 10 6:08 AM
vasteel wrote:What I've played is very very nice, that being said>>> However I think the toad constantly croaking while you play was a bad decision,I understand he's an integral part to the game but please... I don't want to to turn down the sounds, I want to enjoy the audio.Please give us a patch to shut him up or something, this is the only reason I WONT purchase the full game. It's one of the most annoying sounds EVER!! Thanks for hearing me out.

What a shame for you. I went back and turned up the sound, as a few have said that they found this annoying. I personally found it different, but more to the point the SFX's are not all that interesting in this game. I hope they may do a fix for you by the time that this is an SE
Welcome to the pond vastee

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Oct 14, 10 6:30 AM

Hi vasteel, I thought the same thing when first starting this game! But after a bit, it didn't bother me anymore.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 14, 10 7:00 AM
heatherington wrote:Sinsack, read through your post and lmao. Everything you said is true. Forced budgeting. Hilarious! I'm downloading now. Just swam in to get a few comments. I figured they would not make us pay 13.99 for a dud. Thanks fishes.

glad you like it....i just bought too....BUT there have been dud ce,s.....dream chronicles xtra content was like 20 minutes and the game maybe a hour after demo

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Oct 14, 10 7:15 AM
I have been waiting a while for a game like this. This game looks fun and I think it is worth splurging. $13.99 is not a bad price. especially since I will be getting 3 punches on my game card. If I spend the credits I already have, I will get at least one free game next month.

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Oct 14, 10 7:16 AM
What a pleasant change. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the CE or wait until the standard edition comes out. It's a matter of budget more than anything else. I like the fact that when you use the strategey guide it doesn't take you out of the game at all. I also liked the toad-he was different and I guess takes me back to the days of The Bugs Bunny Road Runner show and the singing frog cartoons. Okay, I'm odd that way. Grapics were crisp and objects well defined. Great game.

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Oct 14, 10 7:25 AM
Good game -- and it's been a while since one has come along.

My sole concern is the fact that it is a CE. In my experience to date, CEs have not been worth the additional price. But I am not a fan of wallpaper, etc. I just want additional play. If a CE provides merely 15-30 minutes of additional play -- particularly scenes that didn't make it into the final game for obvious reasons -- it is not worth it for me. I just hope that BF is not manipulating us a little bit by putting out a series of mediocre games and then putting out a good game in CE format so we buy the more expensive game out of desperation. Sorry, but I'm a born cynic.

I will wait to buy until I hear from fishies who have played the entire CE and can tell me why it was worth the cost.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Oct 14, 10 7:33 AM
puzzledone wrote:...

It seems to have all the elements I like in a game, gorgeous graphics and lots of HOG scenes, so those who dislike hogs, well sorry 'bout that, take a pass.:

Thank you for mentioning this!

chrysteen
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by chrysteen on Oct 14, 10 7:37 AM
Played for 20 minutes and purchased it. It made me happy. I agree with edmee1947 when they said I can play with pleasure but without excitement. A good game I am pleased to play.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Oct 14, 10 7:52 AM
Well I played the demo and I really have to think hard wheather or not to buy because I'm not crazy about HOGs. There are allot of pros with this game and they have all been mentioned in other posts. I ghuess I'll just have to decide what to do.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 14, 10 7:56 AM
peglegann wrote:
Poutoule wrote:You said everything and I agree with you. At long last a good game, off to buy it. Shame it's a CE, I have 4 punch card credits and just don't know what to spend them on. Can't these credits be extended to next month ? Don't want to buy rubbish just for the sake of using them.

I beleive that they are valid until the end of November

Hi Peglegann!

It depends on when she earned the coupons - I have a coupon that expires the end of this month too...

shadowfax

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 14, 10 8:01 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:
peglegann wrote:
Poutoule wrote:You said everything and I agree with you. At long last a good game, off to buy it. Shame it's a CE, I have 4 punch card credits and just don't know what to spend them on. Can't these credits be extended to next month ? Don't want to buy rubbish just for the sake of using them.

I beleive that they are valid until the end of November

Hi Peglegann!

It depends on when she earned the coupons - I have a coupon that expires the end of this month too...

shadowfax

Thank you yet again shadowfax Didn't think of that! Mine burn a hole in my email until I use them, usually within 2 weeks I consider my wrist slapped

Sorry poutoule for misunderstanding

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 8:03:17 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 14, 10 8:08 AM
The game is really good! Great graphic, no tiny objects to find, interesting storyline, nice minigames, great production values. But I am not sure yet, if I will buy the CE or wait for the standard version instead, because I have three punchcards, who expire on the end of October and I am not sure if I want to start another (third) punchcard.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Oct 14, 10 8:24 AM
This looks like a good one. Everyone has pretty much said everything so I won't repeat except to say that it was worth the waiting for. Definite buy.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Oct 14, 10 8:40 AM
geez ...how the heck am I supposed to get any work done around here with a game like that?????

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 14, 10 8:47 AM
I just have to chime in because I did my share of complaining and kvetching recently... I am getting my game fix this morning and I am happy!!

So far so FUN in this game - I don't have much to add to the reviews as it has pretty much all been said already and I agree with all of the positive comments about this one. This game is not as difficult, nor is there as much roaming around, as EAP: The Black Cat - which may be good for some and not so good for some (I personally thought that EAP game was stellar!). This one is a lot of fun so far, with a lot of HOG scenes, which doesn't bother me in the least, and they are good HOG scenes at that - not too easy where it's just click-click-click.. done! I also like the achievements!! It's nice to get a kudo for not using hints and not skipping puzzles!! Thanks to the developers for a great looking game (and the achievements aspect!!)... off to play some more!!

BTW, the froggy doesn't bother me at all... croak on McFrog!!

Happy Day and Happy Gaming everyone....

shadowfax

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 14, 10 8:53 AM

Thank you yet again shadowfax Didn't think of that! Mine burn a hole in my email until I use them, usually within 2 weeks I consider my wrist slapped

Sorry poutoule for misunderstanding

ROFL!!

You crack me up... I was NOT meaning to "correct" you!! I just saw that and didn't want Poutoule to misunderstand and not use her coupons in time....

I'm sorry if you thought I was being the coupon police or something... That wasn't my intention...

Humble apologies dear friend...

shadowfax

Edited on 10/14/2010 at 8:57:41 AM PST

Go to: