bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 14, 10 9:08 AM
btw....i tried shutting off custom curser, changing screen, exiting game completley... just a little more info imby

Re:Post any Mystery Trackers: The Void Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by greeneyes488 on Oct 14, 10 9:21 AM
I have a prob already after waiting a week for a gae! The dead body wont give up the clock hands,,,,Any HELP?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 14, 10 9:45 AM
ok got past it.restarted ..i only did what i absolutly had to to get the keys to the car....ie in tram area i didnt get journal piece from bird, or click on the tram, or on the car, hopefully this is the only bad bug

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 14, 10 9:46 AM
greeneyes488 wrote:I have a prob already after waiting a week for a gae! The dead body wont give up the clock hands,,,,Any HELP?

did you smash it with the hammer from the gear driven bridge

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 14, 10 10:53 AM
bella81762 wrote:
greeneyes488 wrote:I have a prob already after waiting a week for a gae! The dead body wont give up the clock hands,,,,Any HELP?

did you smash it with the hammer from the gear driven bridge

Keep clicking, there are no smacks for too many clicks. If not just re-trace your steps and then check your strategy guide.

Bella you are thinking of the next chapter where the body reveals lost man discovered.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Oct 14, 10 11:25 AM
katejoe999 wrote:I've been having a fine old time with this game but seem to have hit a glitch. I went to play the intercom mini game at the hotel and I couldn't move the buttons. I then waited for the skip button to charge, hit that and lost my inventory, menu bars etc. Couldn't even exit out of the game! Not good for a CE!!

Same thing happened to me! I had to ctrl, alt, delete to start task manager. Can't decide if I want to restart or wait for an update

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 14, 10 11:36 AM
Hello everyone,

It looks like a number of you are experiencing issues at the intercom and the tree and it may help to delete the saved game data and start over with a new player profile.

If you'd like, you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game after deleting the saved game data to make sure that you start with a clean slate.

If you are not familiar with these steps, please get in touch with a Tech Support rep and they can definitely guide you through. Thank you for posting in this thread and I hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Oct 14, 10 12:10 PM
I'm at the hotel after the tram and my menu bar disappeared at the bottom. I'm really getting tired of issues with games. I've bought many, many games but the problems lately are way too many.

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Oct 14, 10 12:10 PM
I had one minor problem in the demo. When i put the light bulb in the slot, two blubs disappeared, It let me skip the game and move on. But I will have to see if it happens again, when I play the game again.

[Post New]by morfen on Oct 14, 10 12:26 PM
tictacsix wrote: Have car keys but am stuck where the tree fell down onto a bridge. I cannot back out toward the area with the car. I can only go forward to the dead end, and back to the bridge where the sound of the tree falling would repeat again. Will have to start over with new profile to see if it happens again. Seems to be a "glitch" right at that point.

Me too!

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Oct 14, 10 12:32 PM
I just deleted and reinstalled the game but same problem. No menu/task bar at the bottom. There's no point in going on with the game.

LadyReah
Herring
Herring
372 Posts

[Post New]by LadyReah on Oct 14, 10 2:57 PM
peglegann wrote:I have a different issue. I did not go in the same direction as the strategy guide. I am at Chapter 4. I do not have the injector for the monster. I went to the mailbox as soon as I got off the train. I have done the piano key and everything else. I have a hammer, nails and a plank in my inventory. I took the postcard from the mailbox and listened to the bear. I did not see the key. When I pulled away from the mailbox it shut down. i.e. I cannot go back in to it. No magnifying glass or anything. Is this a glitch or have I really missed something? Please, please help. I am now going to re-start under a different profile if I can, whilst waiting for a response from someone. Thank you.

Same problem. I have no key from the mailbox. I listened to the bear's rhyme and got the postcards. I did not back out of the mailbox scene, it closed itself and now I have no key. I continued on not knowing that I needed a key there. Did everything else and spent a good deal of time retracing my steps and rechecking. No help. Once I checked the strategy guide I found that I had not gotten that key. Nope can't get back to the mailbox scene to get it. Looks like I will have to restart also.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Oct 14, 10 3:09 PM
I had the crashing tree problem. I rebooted my PC, started the game and created a new profile and played again. This time I was able to back up from the tree to the car. Keep note though, I kept my cursor near the bottom of the screen when the tree fell and as soon as my cursor changed to "back up" I backed up.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Oct 14, 10 3:28 PM
Im stuck in the tram (hidden object scene where I found the syringe) and no matter what I do I cant get out, I have read the strategy guide and Im supposed to collect broken glass (which I did) then go up and left but its not happening and I have through out the game found the cursor has frozen from time to time, is this another glitch???????

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Oct 14, 10 4:21 PM
katejoe999 wrote:I've been having a fine old time with this game but seem to have hit a glitch. I went to play the intercom mini game at the hotel and I couldn't move the buttons. I then waited for the skip button to charge, hit that and lost my inventory, menu bars etc. Couldn't even exit out of the game! Not good for a CE!!

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Oct 14, 10 4:24 PM
I am also stuck at the hotel. i cannot turn the knobs to make the puzzle work and get the access card. If I hit skip, I loose my menu and my inventory.
??????
Really like this game to.

viclynn17
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by viclynn17 on Oct 14, 10 5:56 PM
I am trying to get the record out of the file cabinet. I get them all in but it will not let me take the record. I have reinstalled and the gliches stopped now this.

dreardon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dreardon on Oct 14, 10 6:03 PM

Game can not initialize window. What is the recomended vidio settings?

[Post New]by Barbface on Oct 14, 10 6:21 PM
Hi...Never posted here before and hope I'm doing this right. I'm in the bathroom in the small hotel and the game is stuck. Cannot get out of scene after finding the hidden objects in the bath tub. I tried restarting the game and I uninstalled it and installed it again and can't go any further. Any suggestions? I really like the game too. Barb

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Oct 14, 10 7:10 PM
tictacsix wrote:
Have car keys but am stuck where the tree fell down onto a bridge. I cannot back out toward the area with the car. I can only go forward to the dead end, and back to the bridge where the sound of the tree falling would repeat again. Will have to start over with new profile to see if it happens again. Seems to be a "glitch" right at that point.

Okay.. So I made a new profile and this time when I got to the chapter with the fallen tree, instead of exploring the scene, I only picked up the objects needed to get back to the car. Doing it this way you only cross the path (where the tree falls) twice (one coming, one going). Then after you complete the game up to the point of leaving the car (after you install hood ornament) THEN go to the right and explore.. I think the "glitch" appears if you cross that particular path to often. This worked for me and I was able to finish the game without any further issues. Hope this helps.

Go to: