Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

Re:This game has been removed

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Oct 17, 10 10:50 AM
LynneMD wrote:perhaps you should change the title of your post as well, since it is (unintentionally) misleading.

What's wrong with the title of my thread?

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Oct 17, 10 10:55 AM
Because it is still possible to purchase the game, PR...it hasn't been removed from the game forum, and if you follow the "try it" link, the buy button is still active.I just checked it myself a few minutes ago, as well as The Island Castaway..
Edit: Now I'm confused..the OP was Dr Russ, and I meant the title of this thread "This game has been removed" It looks like his original post has been removed, don't know why...

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 11:00:51 AM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Oct 17, 10 11:30 AM
But the game HAS been removed, Lyn - or at least the ability to download it has been disconnected. People can still buy it, but they can't play the game they've paid for because they can't download it... hence, the game has been "removed" as it is something that cannot be actively downloaded.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Oct 17, 10 11:34 AM
The same holds true for Island Castaway--you can buy it, it will end up in your Purchase History, but you can't then download and play it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 17, 10 11:39 AM
LynneMD wrote:Because it is still possible to purchase the game, PR...it hasn't been removed from the game forum, and if you follow the "try it" link, the buy button is still active.I just checked it myself a few minutes ago, as well as The Island Castaway..
Edit: Now I'm confused..the OP was Dr Russ, and I meant the title of this thread "This game has been removed" It looks like his original post has been removed, don't know why...
I wasn't the OP, Lynn. My post came after purplerabbit's and was wrong, so I removed it.

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Oct 17, 10 12:56 PM
Sorry, PR.. I've interpreted the title wrong...I took the meaning to be that the game was removed and no longer available for sale...
Mr Russ and Genki, thanks for clearing up my confusion...

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 12:59:17 PM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Oct 17, 10 1:37 PM
Sure, you can still buy it... you just can't download or play it!

For now, anyway.

Hopefully there will be an official take on this situation once everyone gets back to work tomorrow (Monday).

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 17, 10 3:53 PM
The latest mod post is that if you have purchased this and can't download it you should apply to CS for a refund.

[Post New]by AugustusPoirot on Oct 17, 10 11:30 PM
The refund is going to have to be $20, the cost of purchasing the game at the only site I've been able to find it. The game is MY GAME FOREVER - the promise I believed when I bought it. And nobody can tell me that it wasn't possible to warn us to download the game BEFORE THIS HAPPENED. All they needed to do was contact everyone who owned the game, but stored it on their server to download it right away. Then I would HAVE THE GAME I PURCHASED WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE MINE FOREVER.

If there is a contractual problem between the developer and BF, that's not my problem. BF must stand by the promise they made me when I purchased the game and when I left it on their server to save space on my hard drive as their CS advised me to do. I wouldn't be so ANGRY if only they had had a modicum of respect for their customers. I am now in the process of downloading every game I own (almost 400) and have spent the entire day (18 hours so far) in this endeavor. I am now about 1/3 finished.

I am so ANGRY I am almost ill. I really wouldn't want to be the CS representative who gets to "live chat" with me tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it goes.

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Oct 17, 10 11:44 PM
I have a feeling CS is going to be very busy tomorrow...I'm wondering if they have a global customer base, why they don't have CS on a 24/7 basis,or at least service on the weekends, but that's just another of my frustrations...I appreciate your anger about not having the game you purchased AP, and I am angry because they had withdrawn the game BEFORE I purchased it on Friday night, when THEY KNEW it wasn't and wouldn't be available...they have only today removed the "buy" button from the game page...they shouldnt be selling what they don't own.... and THEY KNEW THAT!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Oct 18, 10 5:31 AM
I'm glad that's been cleared up, I'll leave the title as it is.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Oct 18, 10 6:17 AM
Apparently they (finally) disabled the buy button.

I was not affected, but it seems that it's another royal screw up of the programming / public relations department. Everybody who would just give a little thought into that matter would have noticed that you can't sell stuff that you aren't entitled to.

Also, since themselves admit that only a small percentage of users use the forum, it's a must that people are notified when bought games are discontinued. Preferably by E-Mail. I was affected some years ago with such a matter, when I wanted to replay Diner Dash 2 (available again), but was not able to since the game was gone from this site. Nobody contacted me on that matter - I got a coupon for it however.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 18, 10 11:20 AM
I in the past have been with other sites that have removed games completely, so that unless you are look ing for a particular game you maybe would not notice! They are not nearly as patient as BF. The CS in those cases is non existent!!
I bought this game, Dracula 3, 17 months ago. As far as I am concerned BF would not like to lose customers over something that appears to be beyond their control.
When was this "loss" discovered?
When did you ask BF to resolve this problem?

Just wondering

ETA After over a year you have a credit for the game. Why not do as someone else suggested and buy the disk? How many shop would do that?

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 11:24:22 AM PST

[Post New]by AugustusPoirot on Oct 18, 10 9:54 PM
I own over 400 games from BFG and over 750 games in total. How would you like to have to find space to keep that many disks? AND many games require you to have the disk in the player before you can play the game.

How many disks would it take for Dracula 3, which is over 2 3/4 Gigs large? And I would have to wait for it to download every time I want to play it? I buy, change that, bought my games from BFG so I could STOP having to purchase CDs.

Your solution is no solution for me. Buying my games and downloading from the other sites I have been using since January has 2 benefits. I don't have to get angry every time I post here and get censored. And I don't have to run Dr. Felix on half my games every time BF "IMPROVES" the Game Manager. I am FINISHED with this site, the people who work here, and the crappy games they have had lately. Things look much "greener" in other pastures, believe me. And in many cases, the games come DRM free. That's worth paying more money for, believe me.

And, I'm trying to do BF a favor. There will be MANY customers who will no longer buy games here, but will not let BF know why they have disappeared. This was just the final straw for me - and I know it is for many others in my private forum. We are ALL fed up with being lied to.

LynneMD
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by LynneMD on Oct 18, 10 10:37 PM
I'm not only fed up with being lied to, I'm fed up with being insulted by other customers, that I was trying to inform and protect..as soon as I've got my credits spent I'll be quitting my membership here, and staying elsewhere...where I've had no need for CS because everything is functioning properly..and has been for longer than I've been a customer here...

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 19, 10 2:30 AM
Hi fishies,

Here is the update on Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon:

bfgFlounder wrote:Hi everyone,

On behalf of Big Fish Games, I want to apologize for the confusion surrounding the removal of Dracula 3 from our site. While the game has been removed and is no longer available for purchase, it was an error that the game was “disconnected” for those who’d previously purchased it. In other words, if you purchased Dracula 3, the game should still be accessible through Purchase History. If it is not, please contact us directly so we can work with you to get access to the game.

Again, we apologize for the confusion and hope that this post clarifies the situation.

Thank you for your time and patience,

bfgFlounder

Hope this helps

bfgImbrium

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 19, 10 5:32 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hi fishies,

Here is the update on Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon:

bfgFlounder wrote:Hi everyone,

On behalf of Big Fish Games, I want to apologize for the confusion surrounding the removal of Dracula 3 from our site. While the game has been removed and is no longer available for purchase, it was an error that the game was “disconnected” for those who’d previously purchased it. In other words, if you purchased Dracula 3, the game should still be accessible through Purchase History. If it is not, please contact us directly so we can work with you to get access to the game.

Again, we apologize for the confusion and hope that this post clarifies the situation.

Thank you for your time and patience,

bfgFlounder

Hope this helps

bfgImbrium

Thank you for that information Will give the download a try again

[Post New]by Genz11 on Feb 27, 11 10:26 PM
does any one know when this game is going to be avaliable again

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Mar 18, 11 4:44 AM
Genz11 wrote:does any one know when this game is going to be avaliable again

I don't think they are ever going to sell this game again. Sorry!

[Post New]by monster2010 on Jul 11, 11 4:11 PM
i just purchased this game and have been playing it with minimal problems. now, i'm stuck at the skull and the hats. is this the reason?

Go to: