bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Secret Diaries: Florence Ashford technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 16, 10 8:59 AM
Hey Fishies,

Let's remember to reserve this thread for technical questions and issues only. You're more than welcome to start a new thread in the Game Forum for all other topics! Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by jstmeginger on Oct 16, 10 12:37 PM
jstmeginger wrote:i d/l the game and when it finished i clicked on to play it and my screen started flashing had to rebook to get it to stop and then tryed it again and it happen again what is up with bf here there games are sucking bad then the one from yesterday i d.l it and it downloaded it 3 times so i cant get it to work either i have hughesnet and they have a fair access policy so i cant keep downloading it i dont know if i want to keep BF any longer Thanks Teresa
why want anyone help me with this ive tryed again this morning and it still does it it downloaded but like i said when i try to play it it starts flashing my whole screen does and i have to reboot ive uninstalled and reinsatalled and it still dont work dont know what else to do about it i FEEL LIKE IM JUST WASTEING MY TIME ON THIS

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Oct 17, 10 8:07 AM
jstmeginger wrote:i d/l the game and when it finished i clicked on to play it and my screen started flashing had to rebook to get it to stop and then tryed it again and it happen again what is up with bf here there games are sucking bad then the one from yesterday i d.l it and it downloaded it 3 times so i cant get it to work either i have hughesnet and they have a fair access policy so i cant keep downloading it i dont know if i want to keep BF any longer Thanks Teresa

This is the problem I had as well. The only problem with this is that last time I sent a dxdiag to them, they reported my stuff was not updated. How this occurred when I JUST updated it, is beyond me. So, just wanted to report that I had to turn my computer off then on again in order to clear this up. I don't care as I'm obviously not going to buy this due to this problem.

BFG has good customer service but I feel frustrated when they tell me stuff like "Time to update your stuff" and it's JUST been updated.

Edited on 10/17/2010 at 8:08:21 AM PST

[Post New]by special7 on Oct 17, 10 9:06 AM
After Anthony reclaims his fortune and the couple gets married, one can get a paperboat in the bedroom. Where does the paperboat go? People who know and the game creator(s) please inform.

Also, am I supposed to be able to enter the garden at the end of the game despite the lock being rusted?

Thanks for your help.

[Post New]by bittykitty on Oct 17, 10 11:14 AM
I am like everyone else here. I have little lines all over my screen and I can't even shut the game down because I have no idea where the exit button might be. Very furstrating if you ask me so I am sitting here right now letting the game run itself out of time so that it will click itself off soon which is really sad because this looked like a great game.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Oct 18, 10 6:45 AM
indigo_ladybug wrote:skip buttons inactive

Hi, Ladybug -- The skip buttons are grayed out when first you play a minigame, and etc. Does the bar beneath the button slowly turn pink? If so, be patient and eventually the skip button will turn red and become active. Takes a while, though. Go get a cup of coffee or a glass of wine while you wait.

Edited on 10/18/2010 at 7:32:06 AM PST

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Oct 19, 10 12:34 PM
I thought it was me - I also only get wavy lines, can't see anything. Then I have to reboot because there is no way of getting out of the game. First time it's happened! I'll try uninstalling and installing again.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Oct 19, 10 12:38 PM
special7 wrote:After Anthony reclaims his fortune and the couple gets married, one can get a paperboat in the bedroom. Where does the paperboat go? People who know and the game creator(s) please inform.

Also, am I supposed to be able to enter the garden at the end of the game despite the lock being rusted?

Thanks for your help.

Hi - Best to ask this on the Comments and Reviews page! Or start a new thread.

[Post New]by Smoke_w on Oct 26, 10 3:36 PM
re: video hash on starting game

i changed my color quality from "High (32 bit)" to "Medium (16 bit)" and all problems cleared. the cursor also worked as expected.

so i played the shortened demo and enjoyed enough to buy it.

good fortune figuring your problems. hope this info helps some of you.

Eury
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Eury on Oct 30, 10 7:38 PM
I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence, but I got a very, very bad virus (auwulct.exe) at the moment of launching this game. It took a whole reinstallation of windows to fix. Just a caution. BFG games have been fine so far, so I'm thinking/hoping it's just a coincidence. Just an FYI.

[Post New]by forgetfull on Nov 16, 10 7:07 AM
how do I get behind the bookcase in the library?

[Post New]by passionfleur on Dec 21, 10 4:19 PM
I can't figure out where to put the lever in the wine cellar. I've tried it everywhere and it just bounces back into inventory. Can someone HELP???????

bandonkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by bandonkr on Dec 15, 12 3:08 PM
I tried to get an answer under the general topics and didn't hear from anyone.

I am in the kitchen - I am supposed to make a stew. Some people talked about their veggies growing larger - mine refuse to go in the stew, get larger or anything. I cannot go any further until I get the ding-dang stew made!

Today, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game - can't hurt - but it did not help. I know what I need to do. A hint points at the stew pot. I have herbs and veggies. I click on the veggies and click on the pot. If I drop the veggies expecting them to drop into the pot - or seperate (as the recipe says it is important to add them in the right order)
and all they do is drop back to the inventory area.

I am ready to ask for credit on a new game and just uninstall this. It's ashame - When others were bored, I was enjoying the story (though I have been at this so long, I am not sure I remember the story any more).

I notice teh walkthrough I found never talks about the stew!!

Is there any help or shall I just ask for a refund?

[Post New]by blazingmane on Feb 11, 13 12:23 PM
This is happening to me as well. I've yet to get a response or assistance from anyone. I was enjoying the game. I hope I don't have to discard the game unfinished. What are we missing fello fishies?

bandonkr wrote:I tried to get an answer under the general topics and didn't hear from anyone.

I am in the kitchen - I am supposed to make a stew. Some people talked about their veggies growing larger - mine refuse to go in the stew, get larger or anything. I cannot go any further until I get the ding-dang stew made!

Today, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game - can't hurt - but it did not help. I know what I need to do. A hint points at the stew pot. I have herbs and veggies. I click on the veggies and click on the pot. If I drop the veggies expecting them to drop into the pot - or seperate (as the recipe says it is important to add them in the right order)
and all they do is drop back to the inventory area.

A boat ring please. My fishy's fins are tired.

Faithful fishy fan from Florida

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 12:29:33 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 11, 13 12:59 PM
Hi blazingmane,

I looked through some other threads here and found this advice about adding the vegetables:

Micha1234 wrote:I seriously got stuck on that one, too. before you get the veggies in you have to go into the pantry and pick up the tap, open the cellar door and go down there. Put the lever in to get light into the room, play the mini game with the wine bottles to get bottles into your inventory. Next tap the wine barrel and fill up the bottles. They'll go into your inventory, too. THEN go upstairs and try to put the veggies in the pot.

I found that in this thread here in case you'd like to read the whole conversation or post in there for some more hints.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by blazingmane on Feb 11, 13 3:23 PM
Thank you for that tip. It got me going in the right direction. I'd like to share. It might help someone else.

I could not proceed any further than the stew puzzle. As so kindly advised, I continued on to the cellar. Where the wine rack puzzle failed to work correctly, as well! What I did was PRESS the SKIP button to bypass the wine bottle puzzle in the cellar and I was able to resume normal game play after that, later playing and solving the stew puzzle.

{spoiler alert} {spoiler alert} {spoiler alert} {spoiler alert} {spoiler alert} {spoiler alert} {spoiler alert} {spoiler alert} {spoiler alert}

When I was first stumped by the stew puzzle I was advised to continue forward, SO, I went ahead and picked up matches in the kitchen and proceeded to the dark cellar. If you focus a moment you will find the lever on a shelf that lowers a lamp in the cellar. Light it with the matches. It says you need a cork screw when you look at the wine rack. The cork screw is in the dining room. The empty bottles you get from solving the wine rack puzzle are needed to solve the barrel puzzle. This is where I got stuck AGAIN. I found the barrel tap in the pantry but could not get empty bottles to solve barrel puzzle. I had to SKIP the wine rack puzzle to get my empty bottles. I was able to play and solve every puzzle for the rest of the game by skipping that one puzzle. The stew puzzle worked fine after that. It didn't occur to me to try skipping the stew puzzle from the start that might have worked as well. Then maybe I could have played the wine rack puzzle. Anyway, everything played perfectly after skipping the wine rack puzzle.

Thanks again for the good advice and the quick response. I appreciate that.

Fishy Fan From Florida,
Tia

Go to: